Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band DLC Thread: Updated Weekly

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

As predicted, Blue Monday is ****ing awesome!!!
    I was half expecting a radio edit of it, but nope, we get the full 7:32:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm kinda tempted by Bon Jovi, they'd be fun to play. I don't particularly want two versions of the songs I have already though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm kinda tempted by Bon Jovi, they'd be fun to play. I don't particularly want two versions of the songs I have already though...

I haven't seen a side by side and haven't played the new one but the charts look to be the same just with keys added.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

calex71 wrote: »
    I haven't seen a side by side and haven't played the new one but the charts look to be the same just with keys added.

That's a damn shame. I'd be willing to pay a bit extra for the added keys, but paying full whack for songs I already have seems a bit unfair. I was hoping there would be a way to update some songs that really could do with keys - Baba O'Reilly, half of Lego Rock Band :pac: - but full whack means I'll probably only pick and choose a handful of the best if they're re-released.

Being asked to pay extra for pro guitar and bass bits when keys and pro drums are included in the regular version is super f**king cheeky in my opinion!!!!!! after all when you consider the cost of a pro guitar :mad:

They really knew the ratios of guitar players vs every one else there didn't they.

• Advertisement

Bad news for anyone who is sticking with RB 1 or 2 new dlc wont be happeneing for those. It will only work with RB3 from now on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/psa-all-forthcoming-rock-band-dlc-incompatible-with-rb1-rb2/
    Rock Band DLC released after October 26, 2010, is Rock Band 3 specific and will not be compatible with previous versions of the platform. This rule applies to all future Rock Band DLC, whether it's labeled "RB3 version" or not. Songs released before that cutoff date will remain available and compatible with the first two Rock Band titles. Also, new RBN tracks will be compatible with all versions.

A Harmonix representative explained to Joystiq that new tracks won't be backwards compatible "due to the new authoring standards, inclusion of new instruments, new lighting / venue cues, etc."

Although it's a bummer that owners of earlier Rock Band games won't be able to play new tracks, they won't easily be able to purchase the tracks by accident. Any songs released after 10/26 will not show up in the Rock Band and Rock Band 2 in-game store, nor will they show up in the standalone music store app or under RB1 or RB2 on the console's marketplace.

Bad news for anyone who is sticking with RB 1 or 2 new dlc wont be happeneing for those. It will only work with RB3 from now on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/psa-all-forthcoming-rock-band-dlc-incompatible-with-rb1-rb2/

Kind of sucks for them, but I'm sure there'll be no excuse not to own RB3 soon as it will drop to stupidly low prices thanks to poor sales:(

OT, but I have the feeling this might be the last hurrah for the series...

Was just browsing the marketplace on xbox.com and spotted a bunch of new Bee Gees songs.... Very tempting!:p

From Joystiq;

Individual songs
    "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - Procol Harum (160 Microsoft Points / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
    "The Thrill Is Gone" - B.B. King (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)*

The Bee Gees Pack 01 (800 Microsoft Points / 1,000 Wii Points / $9.99)
    "Jive Talkin'" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)
    "Night Fever" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)
    "Stayin' Alive" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)*
    "Nights on Broadway" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)
    "Tragedy" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)
    "You Should Be Dancing" (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)
    *Pro Guitar/Bass expansion available (80 Microsoft Points / 100 Wii Points / $0.99)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

tman wrote: »
    Individual songs
    "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - Procol Harum (160 Microsoft Points / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
    "The Thrill Is Gone" - B.B. King (160 MSP / 200 WP / $1.99)*

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:D

Need to check the charts for Bee Gee's first before I buy any.

• Advertisement

John Lennon's Imagine is coming out next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hey is there anywhere you can check the complete list of free songs for rock band as im after getting Rock band 3, as is there any promotions online where you can get free songs or anything?, like you get a code to redeem? cheers.

Tinie wrote: »
    Hey is there anywhere you can check the complete list of free songs for rock band as im after getting Rock band 3, as is there any promotions online where you can get free songs or anything?, like you get a code to redeem? cheers.

Rock band 2 has a code for 20 free songs. After that there are only 7 free songs that I know of, and can be seen here , I have sorted by price but if it doesnt show the free ones at the top click on price to sort it http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php?sub=&order=20&sort=asc&pro=

Rock band 2 has a code for 20 free songs. After that there are only 7 free songs that I know of, and can be seen here , I have sorted by price but if it doesnt show the free ones at the top click on price to sort it http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php?sub=&order=20&sort=asc&pro=

AVOID "headphones on" at all costs!!!
    "Am I crazy" is quite a fun song to play along to, definitely my favourite of the freebies

If you want a quick fix of songs, borrow or rent RB1 and export the songs from that for 400 ms points

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

"Headphones On" is great. :p

DLC for next week!

Queen Extravaganza Pack 01
    “Hammer to Fall”
    “Keep Yourself Alive”
    “Now I’m Here”
    “Play the Game”
    “Tenement Funster”
    “We Are the Champions” (RB3 version)
    “We Will Rock You” (RB3 version)

Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack

“I Want It All” (RB3 version)
    “I Want To Break Free” (RB3 version)
    “Killer Queen” (RB3 version)
    “One Vision” (RB3 version)
    “Somebody To Love” (RB3 version)
    “Under Pressure” (RB3 version)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Sorely disappointed that they want me to pay for all this again. Insulting actually. Not on Harmonix, you'll not get these MS points from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Sorely disappointed that they want me to pay for all this again. Insulting actually. Not on Harmonix, you'll not get these MS points from me.

Indeed! I never bought the Queen pack, so I'll pick this up ASAP, but I feel your pain. If Boston, Grateful Dead, Bowie, etc. ever get updated then I'm in the same position!

The way they're going about this is a slap in the face, and is unacceptable!

Poor show HMX :mad:

Not even offering a discount on them to people who already got them :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5004748

:mad:

The duck is this? I knew it was a long time coming but as happy as I am that Sonata Arctica finally get on RBN I can't help but feel as though it was a wasted chance as guess what,

No vocal harmonies and no keys.

I know that Harmonix are currently revising RBN so that future content can feature RB3s awesome additions but like... no keys or harmonies???

Edit: Also, any fans of bands under Nuclear Blast should give this a click http://www.nuclearblastusa.com/Splash/RockBand/index.html. It may brighten up your future for RBN DLC.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Careful, if you get it now, they might "RB3 VERSION" it later and you'll have to pay again. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Next week we are getting Billy Joel

“Big Shot” X
    · “Captain Jack”
    · “It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me”
    · “Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song)” X
    · “Only the Good Die Young” X
    · “Piano Man”
    · “Pressure”
    · “Say Goodbye to Hollywood”
    · “The Entertainer”
    · “The Stranger”
    · “We Didn’t Start the Fire”
    · “You May Be Right”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Moke

Feeling incredibly stupid for buying Marley after the Queen 'updates'.

DLC for the 28th

Paul McCartney – “Maybe I’m Amazed”
    Paul McCartney & Wings – “Band on the Run”
    Paul McCartney & Wings – “Helen Wheels”
    Paul McCartney & Wings – “Let Me Roll It” X

Inhabited – “Open My Eyes”

Siouxsie and The Banshees – “Cities in Dust” X

Yay for band on the run , though I think theres a live version already.

One for the fallout 3 fans :)

Jan 4th we get a Johnny cash pack :)

Johnny Cash Pack 01 - 1080 MSP
    · “Cry, Cry, Cry”
    · “Don’t Take Your Guns to Town”
    · “Five Feet High and Rising”
    · “Folsom Prison Blues”
    · “I Got Stripes”
    · “I Walk the Line” X
    · “Tennessee Flat Top Box” X
    · “The Ballad of Ira Hayes”

Tracks are also available individually for 160 MSP each.

Also we get back some of the songs we lost from the original game, I for one am glad to have “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter” back, and Bang Camaro is back too woop!!!! :D

Rock Band Free Pack 01 - FREE
    · Abnormality – “Visions”
    · Anarchy Club – “Get Clean”
    · Bang Camaro – “Night Lies”
    · Breaking Wheel – “Shoulder to the Plow”
    · Libyans – “Welcome to the Neighborhood”
    · The Main Drag – “A Jagged Gorgeous Winter”
    · Speck – “Conventional Lover”
    · The Sterns – “Supreme Girl”
    · That Handsome Devil – “Rob the Prez-O-Dent”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Finally get to play visions again on expert drums and not get past the first 20 seconds!! :D:D

Tinie wrote: »
    Finally get to play visions again on expert drums and not get past the first 20 seconds!! :D:D

Lmao ..... i've still not forgiven Visions for ruining my attempt at the endless setlist on expert in RB2. Totally forgot about that song , now I'll never forget it, i'll download the pack and then delete that song on principal :mad:

Out just in time for Valentines Day and all the puck-a-rific ness

Animotion – “Obsession”
    B.o.B. (featuring Hayley Williams) – “Airplanes”
    Bonnie Tyler – “Total Eclipse of the Heart"
    The Human League – “Don’t You Want Me”
    Lady Antebellum – “Need You Now”
    Meat Loaf – “Paradise by the Dashboard Light”
    Stevie Nicks – “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” X

Yes we finally get Meatloaf in RB buts it's not a song I know, Human League though is a must have for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

B.o.B. (featuring Hayley Williams) – “Airplanes”

Guilty pleasure :( I'll be getting this one, ashamed as I am to admit it :P

Bonnie Tyler and Meat Loaf? AWESOME! Cept I don't know that Meat Loaf song either :( Boo-urns.

• Advertisement

Konata wrote: »
    Guilty pleasure :( I'll be getting this one, ashamed as I am to admit it :P

Bonnie Tyler and Meat Loaf? AWESOME! Cept I don't know that Meat Loaf song either :( Boo-urns.

Have to confess a major weakness for Haley also but for what are likely more sinister reasons :D

It's a piano tastic song though

The video reminds me of my time spent in eastern EU lol

Advertisement