Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheamus thread. ***most recent Raw/PPV spoilers***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was listening to some of Sheamus's old themes. What does everyone prefer the most?

IWW (SOS)

FCW #1 (Air-Check)

FCW #2 (Falkirk Fields)

FCW # 3 (Instrumental)

FCW # 4 and current (Written In My Face)

Personally I'd probably say his current one but I like the instrumental. His IWW one isn't bad imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I have to say his IWW ring entrance including the theme was always pretty epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

gimmick wrote: »
    Just to make it clear that the reaction on this forum was 100% positive. The rest of the internets may be a shower, but not us :)

That's a lie, I was negative about it :P I still don't think he's main event good, not close to it, but he's been performing much better than I expected him to at the start of his main event run and he deserves credit for not doing much wrong after being thrusted to the top so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

flahavaj wrote: »
    I have to say his IWW ring entrance including the theme was always pretty epic.

The one with the sword and cape?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    That's a lie, I was negative about it :P I still don't think he's main event good, not close to it, but he's been performing much better than I expected him to at the start of his main event run and he deserves credit for not doing much wrong after being thrusted to the top so quickly.

I wasn't a fan initially either nor was the legendary Bubs 101 who has vanished from Boards...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

The one thing which annoyed about the early debates with Sheamus was according to some if you weren't a fan you were a sad jealous begrudger:rolleyes:.

However in the last few months he has won me over, so props to our red haired hero. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I really wish they'd use the intro in 'Written in My Face' like they did at the start of his ECW days. It could go all dark with some good Pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What a great thread. Just read it from start to finish. The first 10 pages make for very interesting reading - Seamus's debut, ECW reign, debut on RAW and espically when Seamus got a title shot going into TLC and everyone wrote him off completely.

I must re-read the TLC show thread actually..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Voltwad wrote: »
    I really wish they'd use the intro in 'Written in My Face' like they did at the start of his ECW days. It could go all dark with some good Pyro

Yeah, I much preferred it with the intro. More distinctive at the start so when he comes out unexpectedly, you'd know it's him. Best themes are always distinctive at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Famous last words - if anyone cares or remembers, I ended up watching NFL on the night of NoC and fell behind on things untill I finally caught up fully tonight, avoiding the forum for fear of catching the stank of spoilers.

There's little point rehashing opinions on everything I've seen since then, but the one thing I did want to say related to this week's Raw and Sheamus so this seemed te best spot for it: Shemmy looked so sad you almost wanted to tell the poor 'fella' that everything was going to be ok.

As usual Orton was RKOing and punting everything in sight, but even while he was standing ringside mid-match Sheamus looked about as meancing as someone's kindly big brother after a funeral. In all seriousness it solidifies that Sheamus' real personality is more suited to being a face, and everything about his expressions indicate such. The poor fella, who couldn't love a big ginger Irishman?

If anyone gets a look, on the back of the 2011 calendar sheamus is December, (I think) but he looks incredibly face-ish.
    Everyone is doing their usual poses, like orton with his head down and all menacing or whatever.

But made me think that if they have picked that image on a calander that's going to seen by a lot more people than just those generic "superstar of the day" shots then maybe he'll be turning soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It depends on the return of HHH. They won't turn him face until Hunter comes back and beats him. I'd be surprised if they turned him face as I'm not sure it would work for him at this point in time. Maybe another year as heel including a run on Smackdown would be better for him. He could have some decent feuds on Smackdown down the line. Taker, Rey, maybe a face Edge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭barura

That's a mates christmas present sorted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

theres talk of triple h retiring sheamus when hhh returns. Persoanlly i would hate to see Sheamus become a mid card superstar and maybe go to TNA but wwe have there john cenas and randy orthans to make big money from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He should be alright in the long run, the factors that got him propelled into the main event scene are all still there and if anything his stock has gone up since then. He's handled himself well in the ring and he's good on the mic, plus he's got such a different look to anyone else that he'll always be a recognisable figure. The influential voices are all happy with him by all accounts, the whispers of the bookers considering putting him in a headline match at WM would be an indication of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i think sheamus is going to be fine in the long run i think there just giving him a little feud with morrison to wait on hhh to return

i would just love sheamus even more if he called one of the divas damp it would be an amazing moment:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    i think sheamus is going to be fine in the long run i think there just giving him a little feud with morrison to wait on hhh to return

i would just love sheamus even more if he called one of the divas damp it would be an amazing moment:pac:

Everyone keep saying he'll be fine when HHH returns, he'll have a good high level feud, I hope people will bare in mind he's going to be fed to HHH when he returns, it may not be pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wouldn't worry about the future of sheamus in the wwe he will have a bright future as far as I know he's good mates with hhh and hhh and other high ranking wwe employees have been very impressed and happy with his attitude and work ethic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Everyone keep saying he'll be fine when HHH returns, he'll have a good high level feud, I hope people will bare in mind he's going to be fed to HHH when he returns, it may not be pretty!

Eh? He'll probably lose the fued overall, but there's no way HHH is going to bury his best friend forever (or in normal terms, at least for another year until Sheamus is big enough to be an viable threat to the super main-event tier of wrestlers).

Now if he were to feud with CM Punk..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He is advertised for a Cage match V Orton tomorrow here in Montreal, I will try and post some pics afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He is advertised for a Cage match V Orton tomorrow here in Montreal, I will try and post some pics afterwards

He beat Del Rio in a house show earlier.

It was changed to Orton V Wade Barrett in the Cage Match Sheamus beat John Morrison in a normal one on one.

By the looks of the main tshirt stand most of Sheamus's tshirts were sold, also lots of lets go Sheamus chants.

A couple of pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

A couple of pictures

Nice one Fella!

The arena was really dark and it was hard to get a decent picture.

When asked on Twitter how he feels about Sheamus' WWE work, Stone Cold Steve Austin responded by saying, "Still pretty green. Mechanically sound. Good potential."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/steve-austin-comments-on-sheamus-work-in-wwe-116339

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Seems like a fair assessment. He's improving all the time though and is well capable of putting on a good match with an experienced opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good skit with Santino on RAW the other night. Head and shoulder above most other wrestler in WWE on the mic. Proved he can do comedy - maybe not on the level of someone like the rock but its another string in his bow if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Koslov made that skit. Best thing they've done "comydy" wise in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The reaction Santino and Koslov got was great. First time i've ever seen people mark out for them

Advertisement