Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2010 - WWE releases Bryan Danielson (Zombie bump)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source

Believe or not

Screw that, just realised that he's in New Orleans filming a movie.

My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Reckon it's a work myself tbh.

Dunno that much about Danielson at all, but isn't he the darling boy of internet fans? I know Vince generally couldn't give a damn what net fans thing but it comes hand in hand with Danielson. And putting it out there that Tripple H is to blame is gonna wind them up even more.
    Also do you think he'd spit in the face of Eve? Not a chance. I know he spitted at Cena on Raw and that's the reason this rumour was put out as well.

Very very interesting and involving storyline by the WWE.

WWE Corporate site still not updated (all releases are put up there in under 12 hours of being released) so I'm guessing it's a work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

These days, since every single minute of WWE TV is laid out so meticiously, what would happen to the writer who suggested the tie strangling spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If it is all a work it's the best one in a long time.They have even got the 'dirtsheets' as they call 'em.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If it is all a work it's the best one in a long time..

If its a work, it's just wasting everybody's time theirs and a very small portion of their audience.

They have an intriguing angle. Tricking a tiny percentage of their audience adds nothing to it as well as the fact that it would not make sense in terms of the story.

Pretty good article imo (no, it's not any rumours over who got him fired)
    According to WWE.com, the WWE has come to terms to release Daniel Bryan aka Bryan Danielson. They used both of his names in the post, which is why many feel the release is real.

An idea was that he would be let go and come back as his real name, Bryan Danielson, which makes sense. Then, Danielson changed his name on twitter from Daniel Bryan to Bryan Danielson, and very quickly too. Within minutes after the release, his twitter changed while still being under the WWE banner. Which makes me think, huh?

Especially when he said, "the winds of change are stirring" on his account.

The reason he was released is because of the choke he did on ring announcer Justin Roberts. He did it with his own tie and a camera was right on top of it. I guess Kevin Dunn thought it was pretty entertaining. But, it was described as "too violent".

The reason he was let go for the choke was because the WWE hasn't allowed chokes like that ever since the Benoit tragedy. Obviously Danielson could have been unaware of this, but it makes little sense that a guy like Danielson would go rogue and completely do whatever he wanted, especially when that is so out of character of him.

Also, why did Dunn make sure a camera cut to the choke if it was indeed illegal? And the biggest one of them all is, if the choke was illegal, then why was it planned to be done? Like I said, Danielson is not the type of guy to do whatever he wanted to do on TV.

He only does what he's told.

Apparently there was a tattletale back stage who said that it was banned years ago and that it would scare little kids in the audience or think that it was okay to do the choke on other kids.

First off, who cares? This angle was one of the best in years, and people complain about a choke? Heck, a B/R writer complained about the spitting, and people complained about the gang style beat down, which may also send a bad message to kids. No one complained about the choke other than some loser in the company.

You gave fans something amazing, and Danielson could be apart of one of the best angles in some time, but you let him go over a simple choke? Of which you planned to happen all along?

Danielson knows he's no John Cena or Randy Orton, he can't go out and do whatever and get away with it. So it seems obvious to this writer, Danielson only did as told and the only one to blame for the choke, is the WWE itself.

Number one for planning it, number two for actually making sure the choke was shown on camera.

I can now confirm to you that Danielson has in fact been released from World Wrestling Entertainment. It's about as legit as Matt Hardy's firing half a decade ago.

As we saw with the Hardy firing, he was really let go from the WWE, they made it as real as possible. But, he came right back.

The idea is to bring him back in when the whole choke things blows over, which, wasn't a biggie to begin with.

People backstage said that they wished the WWE locker room was full of Danielson's. Just goes to show you how good of a guy he is, how well received he is by his peers, and how much management seems to like him.

He has some pull with William Regal there, and since he was trained by HBK, I'm sure Michaels is wondering why the heck the guy was fired too. Then you have a good friend of his in CM Punk there too, probably wondering what happened to let him go.

Danielson did nothing wrong if you ask me.

If he was released for going over PG, then fire all of the NXT season 1 roster, because they all did the same thing. Heck, Heath Slater even got a ring rope and choked John Cena in the middle of the ring, where is his walking papers?

They did a gang style beat down on Cena, something not PG at all, yet that's ok? Oh, but see that was planned Joe, it was supposed to be like that. Bull crap! The whole thing was planned and Danielson was a victim of doing what the WWE told him.

To me, this seems like nothing more than a work and they had to figure out a way to fire him for it. He'll be back, most likely as Bryan Danielson and not Daniel Bryan.

The thing people need to realize is that kayfabe wise, Danielson never had a WWE contract, so for them to come on the site and say he's let go means he was, in fact, let go.

He will be back, keep this in mind people. IWC, calm down here, our boy Danielson will be on WWE TV again.

Now, what I feel the WWE should do is release all of the NXT guys, then have them say, this isn't going to stop them, eventually we'll see them all come back.

Or another idea is to have the NXT guys talk of the WWE letting Danielson go, then eventually have him come back to the group.

There has to be a way of taking Danielson out of the group, because it makes little sense for them to keep talking about the NXT rookies every time they show the attack, then refer to them as the 8 rookies, and we only see 7 on TV. So, the WWE has to use this in some way.

But, I guess we'll see right.

I don't know about you, but I'll be watching RAW very closely this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The one thing they can't do, legally, is mislead stockholders, which if it's a work would explain the lack of news on the corporate site. It could be their masterplan to draw in the net community. They may have decided that to pull it off only a certain few can know it's not real. I just don't think Cole would be making such hay out of it were it completely legit.

Pentecost wrote: »
    The one thing they can't do, legally, is mislead stockholders, which if it's a work would explain the lack of news on the corporate site. It could be their masterplan to draw in the net community. They may have decided that to pull it off only a certain few can know it's not real. I just don't think Cole would be making such hay out of it were it completely legit.

On Tuesday morning, the angle alone had the net community very engaged.

If it is a work, they should be spending more time fixing the 2 hours 45 minutes of last weeks show rather than tricking hardcore fans who are very into the angle as it is anyway and even if they weren't will still watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If its a work, it's just wasting everybody's time theirs and a very small portion of their audience.

They have an intriguing angle. Tricking a tiny percentage of their audience adds nothing to it as well as the fact that it would not make sense in terms of the story.

I see this as part of the angle though. To me it's like they are reaching out to a part of their audience that they have long taken for granted, and at times treated with contempt.

I don't see this as WWE wasting the time of hardcore fans but actually involving them in the storyline.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Agree with you on what you say Vince but let's face it every single one of us wants to see what's going to happen on RAW on Monday. We probably would anyway after the ending last Monday but this is whipping up even more interest. Look at how big this thread is even on a pretty small forum!. Of course it could be a straight up release but there's a few things causing doubt as outlined in posts above.

I see this as part of the angle though. To me it's like they are reaching out to a part of their audience that they have long taken for granted

I don't.

They gave everyone (hardcore and casual fan) an angle that was really good. This seems totally needless leaving aside the issue of logic if it's a work which is why I don't think it is.

My theory on it is as follows. WWE liked the angle. Vince liked the angle. On Tuesday morning an important sponsor complained about that particular part of the angle and Danielson was the scapegoat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

One way or ch'other Danielson is the hottest commodity in wrestling at the moment. If its a work, his return will be huge, if its real, his return to the indys will just feed the fans that corporate WWE is a steaming pile of.....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Work of Pillman proportions

Work of Pillman proportions

Let's not get carried away, eh?

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Let's not get carried away, eh?

Well lets not sh*t ourselves over an angle thats worked the internet since the beginning.. eh???

Well lets not sh*t ourselves over an angle thats worked the internet since the beginning.. eh???

The Pillman angle was genius. Utter genius. Lasted months and it still talked about fondly today. This Danielson stuff will be forgotten next month.

Loose Cannon >>>>>>> Daniel Bryan

The Pillman angle was genius. Utter genius. Lasted months and it still talked about fondly today. This Danielson stuff will be forgotten next month.

I see parallels to be perfectly honest and WWE using the internets biggest ever darling to work them, is also genius as far as im concerned..

Well, like I said earlier, I think this it'll be forgotten about in a months time, although I'd love to be proven wrong on that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah, Danielson's an internet hero; it won't be forgotten that quickly! He'll be back sooner than later, unless TNA have the sense to snap him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Well I think your under estimating the internet community here, it may stem further then what your giving it credit for....I mean the angle(if it is one, hopefully so) may not be directed solely on that part of the audience....the casual viewer can be fairly clued into whats going on to, for instance the Hardy-Lita-Edge situation was known by large sectors of the casual audience before being reference on tv as was the Lesnar NFL thing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Terrible. I only started watching WWE again because of Danielson. Meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

WWE Corporate site still not updated (all releases are put up there in under 12 hours of being released) so I'm guessing it's a work

They only had Carlito's release on their site though. The likes of Mickie, Shelton when they were fired were never mentoined on that site. I

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

While I think firing someone for something they actually zoomed in on is ridiculous, I did think at the time that the tie choking spot while brilliant was very much out of place on the show.

It shows the attitude of WWE in 2010. 10 years ago I couldn't imagine them being influenced this much by a sponsor.

So guy's, i'll ask a question.

You bring a sledgehammer to the ring with the intention of crushing peoples skulls

You kick people in the head with the intention of causing brain damage

You choke someone with a tie

Surely if one is sacked, everyone shoud be sacked.

Not the WWE though. Mohammed Hassan was a very taleted wrestler both in the ring and on the mic, plus he was massively over as a heel, yet he was victimised, i hope the same doesn't happen to Danielson. I hope this is a work because otherwise it's bull**** of the highest order

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Surely showing the amount of pain Justin Roberts was in during the choking would be a deterrent? I can't believe WWE acted so rashly. What a bitch move! The NXT angle will be ruined because of this; Danielson was the main guy who didn't have a contract; and the guy whom the crowd got behind, and the guy who was gonna carry the work load of the group. Unbelievable.

It's ok to re-injure a guy's shoulder with a door though. Or torture a guy (Rey and Kane) What about the 'don't try this at home' ads?

The Pillman angle was genius for Brian Pillman. It did nothing for either company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

It's not a work, as someone pointed out to me that trying to get Donna Goldsmith go along with a storyline firing is like talking to a brick wall.

He'll be re-signed by the end of the month, just once this "pressure" from an external source subsides.

WWE aren't going to throw away a main eventer to TNA.

Hopefully, they don't write him out all together. Have Cole say he got him fired or something(so they can bring him in quickly on his return)

Garseys wrote: »
    It's not a work, as someone pointed out to me that trying to get Donna Goldsmith go along with a storyline firing is like talking to a brick wall.

He'll be re-signed by the end of the month, just once this "pressure" from an external source subsides.

That's how I see it, albeit maybe he'll be a way for longer than a month.

If he shows up on Monday and I don't think he will as I believe its legit, what will it have achieved for business? Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What BS that source is a couple of pages back, I don't believe for one second that Bryan Danielson would take out his frustrations on a woman and spit on her. Gutter journalism at its worst.

Maybe Bryan will be back eventually, but that still doesn't change the fact that one of the best storylines in years is now ****ed. And for what? Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

One thing is guaranteed out of all of this. Raw's ratings will be up. At least for tomorrow night anyway.

Advertisement