Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing English Influence

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I'm highly disturbed by the increased Brit influence in Ireland. There are many English people in Ireland that are being assimilated into our culture and they're fine with me but

I never asked for the Sun, The Mirror and all the other crappy tabloid papers here. They're un-Irish. And most importantly, they're doing exactly what I'd expect Brit things to do: They're putting Ireland down.

All I see is Curry's with an add rewarding people with cash when France get knocked out of the world cup. Robbie Keane even admitted that he'd do the same thing - strikers instinct. France is a republic like ours (at least it was like we were). They've only ever been a a friend to Ireland and even sent ships over to help fight the English once upon a time.

I just saw the latest Sun add. It featured Kevin Moran and Niall Quinn talking about France not being good enough to be in the world cup. You sheeple that think this isn't propaganda had better wake up. This is the same Sun that backed the Torries. They'rr meddlers.

There is not a significant right-wing English influence in this country that is very dangerous. I'm not saying the Herald (which I read is perfect) but it's better than the imported tabloid crap.

And NO. It's not "born here, bred here, read here". You people who buy into this need to wake up. We are not the UK. I'm sure the Sun and the Mirror and D4 would like us to be but we're not, and you're going to have to trample on my dead body to change that? Comprende?

p.s We are not Europe either. We need to clean all these charlatans out of here. Give up your over-indulgent, piggy greed and accept a poorer lifestyle for a while.

I know many of you are happy to piss all over Daniel O'Connel's grave, and Michael Collins, and Cosgrave's etc. but I'm afraid I'm going to have to try and stop u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

What Ireland do you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Move to America

The Herald is sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

akkadian wrote: »

I know many of you are happy to piss all over Daniel O'Connel's grave, and Michael Collins, and Cosgrave's etc. but I'm afraid I'm going to have to try and stop u.

Armed with what - your copy of The Evening Herald?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So...what you're saying is we need to start reading French newspapers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

It's like reading An tOinniún.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Let me see,

England

or

France,

hmm.....

God save the Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

There'll be far more Irish shouting against England in the World Cup than against France.

Fear not OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Welcome to weekly British/English bashing thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

There is not a significant right-wing English influence in this country that is very dangerous

You'd prefer if there were a significant right-wing English influence, then ?
    And NO. It's not "born here, bred here, read here".

Isn't that the Sunday World slogan ? :confused:

• Advertisement

The Evening Herald is Dublin's favourite newspaper - read mostly by taximen who love to complain about all things foreign - then taken from dustbins by jaykies to mop the previous night's sick & sh*t off their tracksuits.

Or so I read once in The Evening Herald.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

>I know many of you are happy to piss all over Daniel O'Donnels grave.
    No you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

and the Irish equivalent to Nick Griffin emerges.....

and the Irish equivalent to Nick Griffin emerges.....

Mick Mc Griffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

I'm highly disturbed by the increased Brit influence in Ireland. There are many English people in Ireland that are being assimilated into our culture and they're fine with me but

The Brit influence is annoying alright, but I have never met an English man living in Ireland that I didn't like, whether they "assimilated" or not, it's only across the pond.
    I never asked for the Sun, The Mirror and all the other crappy tabloid papers here. They're un-Irish. And most importantly, they're doing exactly what I'd expect Brit things to do: They're putting Ireland down.

I never asked for Amanda Brunker and the Sunday World either, all tabloids "put us down" one way or another, normally by making up our minds for us and quenching any informed opinion we may develop. That's not exactly a British thing, most tabloids are owned by Rupert Murdoch who is from Australia.
    All I see is Curry's with an add rewarding people with cash when France get knocked out of the world cup. Robbie Keane even admitted that he'd do the same thing - strikers instinct. France is a republic like ours (at least it was like we were). They've only ever been a a friend to Ireland and even sent ships over to help fight the English once upon a time.

It's to do with the Tierry Henry handball fiasco.
    I just saw the latest Sun add. It featured Kevin Moran and Niall Quinn talking about France not being good enough to be in the world cup. You sheeple that think this isn't propaganda had better wake up. This is the same Sun that backed the Torries. They'rr meddlers.

The Sun also backed Labour once upon a time, even the Page 3 girls were gunning for them.
    There is not a significant right-wing English influence in this country that is very dangerous. I'm not saying the Herald (which I read is perfect) but it's better than the imported tabloid crap.

I don't think they are really, those who read them tend not to have a lesser opinion on political matters.
    And NO. It's not "born here, bred here, read here". You people who buy into this need to wake up. We are not the UK. I'm sure the Sun and the Mirror and D4 would like us to be but we're not, and you're going to have to trample on my dead body to change that? Comprende?

Ok...
    p.s We are not Europe either. We need to clean all these charlatans out of here. Give up your over-indulgent, piggy greed and accept a poorer lifestyle for a while.

Piss all over who's graves? Daniel O'Connell was not a perfect Irish patriot as some would make him out to be. He demanded handsome fees for anything he did, including the likes of the repeal association or defending anyone in court. He even happily defended a British (well Anglo Irish anyway) Landlord after murdering a native Irish woman. Harldy a perfect patriot to be quoting but that's a story for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

I know many of you are happy to piss all over Daniel O'Connel's grave, and Michael Collins, and Cosgrave's etc.

I mite piss all over daniel o'connel's grave
    I mite piss all over michael collins
    but i'd never piss all over cosgrave's etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

I would be too afraid to piss in a graveyard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Em, all those papers have been sold in Ireland since their inception OP. How can you get more influential than direct rule from Westminster in fairness? OP is odd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Should we be chasing the Brits out of Ireland again? I can't anymore burning sticks and pitchforks!

• Advertisement

djhunter30 wrote: »
    Should we be chasing the Brits out of Ireland again? I can't anymore burning sticks and pitchforks!

All the British sympathiser newsagents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Thats the funniest thing Ive read in ages, thank you :D

Roger Casement was a bit of a lad. How come no one speaks his name?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Why the hell do we care about what the English do anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

wow...

maybe its time to make everything in ireland for irish only.

we can hang signs in windows saying "irish only"

or would "no color's" suit you better?

grow up and realise the whole shíte against england is over. sadly, you were born 100 years too late.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It's not that I care for the Brits, but they have an island of there own. You think they'd fúck off back to it and stop peddling there shíte here.

Because they are our neighbour and significant trading partner. It is also the nation which many Irish people have moved to over the years. I guarantee you there is very few Irish people that don;t have some relative or friend living in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I'm highly disturbed by the increased Brit influence in Ireland.

It must be so nice to have fvck all to actually worry about.
    All I see is Curry's with an add rewarding people with cash when France get knocked out of the world cup.

Might I suggest that you try looking around instead of fixing in your head in front of these ads?
    you're going to have to trample on my dead body to change that? Comprende?

You really wouldn't be worth the effort.

We are in Europe. Try looking in an Atlas sometime. :D

No interest in doing anything like that. But I will admit to being amused by the thought of you trying to influence me in any way.

P.S: I think you should get a hobby. Might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

800 years yadda yadda

Michael Collins blah blah

You seem happy enough when you're watching a British game, watching such games in a stadium named after a British Organisation (built for the purposes of housing 2 English games)

It seems you only live in the past when it suits you!

• Advertisement

They got scotland wales india australia canada.
    But they got their arses kicked out of Ireland.
    Like the yanks in vietnam.
    How tewwibly embarrasing.

Advertisement