Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freemasons?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

thats an interesting symbol also on that guys chest? is it a malta cross? :D
    anyone watch or read up about walt disney?
    it would not suprise me the least if there was more than meets the eye hehe

on freemasons i believe alot of them see it as a club or social way to climb the money ladder and gain power. and indeed it seems to have worked they have connections everywhere.
    but i also think there are higher llevels of these groups infact all powerful groups that would scare the bejesus out of you.
    i have read some chilling stuff about tactics used on people to create what would be more well known as mancurian candidates.
    i would say the initial ceremony for the masons might not be gruesome and terrifying.but more a strange very symbolic ceremony.probably a much more sinister one is saved for the other degrees or chapters less known to regular members.
    saying that there is no way i would agree to partake of any freemason ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Torakx wrote: »
    thats an interesting symbol also on that guys chest? is it a malta cross? :D

No it's more like a demon or a ghost or something.
    drstrange.jpg

King Mob wrote: »
    No it's more like a demon or a ghost or something.
    drstrange.jpg

cant even give me that one can ye :P
    you should be entertaining my wild fantasies lol

ps.apologies to anyone i may have offended.any of my posts that appear to be insulting i hope nobody takes it that way.i am very light hearted and joke alot about MYSELF any reference i make to being a looney please only apply to me.
    thanks

cant even give me that one can ye :P
    this is the looney forum you should be entertaining my wild fantasies lol

Like perhaps Dr. Strange being part of the Illuminati?

illuminati.jpg

thats much better thanks! haha
    now i can curl up in the shower and rock myself to sleep peacefully knowing i am right :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Getz you seem to be into this sort of thing, can you tell me mor about the Knights of Saint Columbanus? Do they have rites n stuff as well?
    knights of st culumbanus [in the UK its called columba] the members wear gilt lapel badges displaying initials KSG,and at meetings they don regalia,they started up in belfast in 1915,only catholic practising men are addmitted to become members,it is said it is a catholic version of the masons,a edinburgh university professor found that nepotism,and favouritism were wide spread[in edinburgh]thirty-three council workers,were related to prominent council members ,who were knights of st columba. there was evidence that coatbridge[a catholic area] was favoured at the expence of protestant area airdie,the only other thing i know is that in the UK they are very active in the area of contacting catholic members of parliament,to push their agenda,

humanji wrote: »
    PaintDoctor infracted. Play nice or don't play here.
    brother paint doctor and i,have crossed swords before,he is practising freemason, it would not be in the freemasons interest for the public to know what fully goes on[ remember its tries to be a secret society]hutchinsons encyclopedia,,freemasons do much charitable work,but have been criticized in recent years for their secrecy,their male exclusivity,and their alleged use of influence within and between organizations[for example,the police or local goverment] to further each others interest,there are approximately 6 million members., its the influence within goverment and police that bothers me,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Getz you seem to be into this sort of thing, can you tell me mor about the Knights of Saint Columbanus? Do they have rites n stuff as well?
    I think the Kof StC are primarily a religious org as opposed to the Freemasons. That's the primary difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

getz wrote: »
    it would not be in the freemasons interest for the public to know what fully goes on
    That's assuming something is going on. An assumption that I've not seen backed up. You seem to think that PaintDoctor has been sent here to try and silence you. It seems more like someone is badmouthing an organisation he's apart of and he feels he should defend it.
    remember its tries to be a secret society
    Why shouldn't it? What gives you the right to know all about them? If I asked you to give me all your extended family details would you not think it none of my business?
    freemasons do much charitable work,but have been criticized in recent years for their secrecy
    So?
    their male exclusivity
    There have been many female masons over the years. But many golf clubs still don't let them. Do you campaign against them?

How many women priests are their in the Catholic Church, an organisation with a long history of actual documented corruption? How often do you campaign against them?
    ,and their alleged use of influence within and between organizations[for example,the police or local goverment
    I highlighted the important word.
    its the influence within goverment and police that bothers me,
    It would also bother me, except that I haven't seen it.

from what i have been reading,it is alleged or supposed or theorized
    that back in the day whenever that was, the catholic church wanted supreme control and allegiance.so they banned all the scientists and practitioners of holistic healing and so on.claiming them to be witches and shamans etc etc
    it looks to me like this MAY have formed the illuminatti in direct opposition to the church.
    we can see through the study of alchemy that it was a hidden way to express the sciences of the mind.and also other shamanic type sciences.
    nothing to do with turning materials into gold or at least not in the background i would imagine.

so im guessing it was two apposing factions religion and science.
    religion won in the last century and now it is sciences turn to strike back and the new religion will be a science based one.
    i have been in and studied a few religions now and get the feeling that if the illuminatti exist then they most likely have already infiltrated all societies including freemasons religions and science societies.
    i think myself that joining ANY society nowadays is a negative action against your self.we need to maintain our independace and individuality
    giving that to a group especially a secret group does not sound like an intelligent move for a person to make. i know from experience and study that mind control IS used in nearly all religions and i would guess anyone performing an ancient ritual or ceremony would be in the presence of such mind control albeit at different levels.

there is an obvious trend happening over hundreds of years it is pretty obvious the masses were looking to god to help sort there issues.
    now they are heading towards science and alternative science to sort there issues/
    it is like a pendulum motion between one and the other.
    if only everyone realised the problem is not outside but in ourselves and
    stopped relying on archetypal heroic figures to represent there wants and "needs" and look at themselves instead for the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

freemasons do much charitable work,but have been criticized in recent years for their secrecy,their male exclusivity

Male exclusivity? It's a fraternity, of course women aren't allowed. Just like sororities don't allow men! Like women's business groups don't invite men. Like the ICA doesn't invite men.

from what i have been reading,it is alleged or supposed or theorized
    that back in the day whenever that was, the catholic church wanted supreme control and allegiance.so they banned all the scientists and practitioners of holistic healing and so on.claiming them to be witches and shamans etc etc
    The Catholic church never banned all scientists or practitioners of holistic healing.
    And before you say Galileo, they picked on him for writing critically about the church , not just because of any of his science.
    we can see through the study of alchemy that it was a hidden way to express the sciences of the mind.and also other shamanic type sciences.
    nothing to do with turning materials into gold or at least not in the background i would imagine.
    Actual alchemy was pretty much chemistry and not some form of magic.
    And what exactly is a "shamanic type science"?
    Sounds like a bit of an oxymoron.
    i have been in and studied a few religions now and get the feeling that if the illuminatti exist then they most likely have already infiltrated all societies including freemasons religions and science societies.
    So at which point in science do you get induced into the conspiracy?
    Master's degree? PhD?
    there is an obvious trend happening over hundreds of years it is pretty obvious the masses were looking to god to help sort there issues.
    now they are heading towards science and alternative science to sort there issues/
    You realise that the vast majority of scientists are in some way religious, right?
    And that nothing in science excludes religion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

If Masons were really that bad I dont think we would have genuine masons here on boards entertaining people like Getz. Talking about it on boards is hardly conducive to secrecy is it? If they were really secretly planning to take over the world/government/your mind they would hardly be advertising themselves with websites and grand lodges open to public viewing would they?

I will now sit back and wait for the inevitable "Thats what they want you to think!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

If Masons were really that bad I dont think we would have genuine masons here on boards entertaining people like Getz. Talking about it on boards is hardly conducive to secrecy is it? If they were really secretly planning to take over the world/government/your mind they would hardly be advertising themselves with websites and grand lodges open to public viewing would they?

I will now sit back and wait for the inevitable "Thats what they want you to think!"

Masons are not bad, some do bad things. Some do good things. Mainly because in the good and bad there is a purpose.

The highest degree masons keep everything in balance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

or more likely because theyre just ordinary people, and some ordinary people do good things, and some ordinary people do bad things

in fact most ordinary people do both good and bad things at different stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Its not the freemasons that gets me ,its the symbolism ,the all seeing eye ,the checkered floors all of that stuff ,the great architect of the universe .You see the checkered floors all over music videos and it really makes you think.

I've been intersted in the freemasons since I was 13 and for some reason something just wasn't right.

i have just been looking up freemansons in the EU ,and this came to light,ROCCO BUTTIGIONE a former catholic politician and papel adviser ,caused further controversty by claiming that his successor as a freemason,it has been a sensitive issue in italy since 1981,when a secret masonic lodge known as P2,[properganda day] was broken amid public scandal and corruption,nearly 1000, members,senior figures in business,politics,banking journalism,intelligence services,and military, the scandal brought down the goverment. ...UK a former cop blamed influence of freemasons within the police for continuing racism in the force,former commander john o'conner claimed freemasons still wielded massive influence within high ranks

p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

BumbleB wrote: »
    Its not the freemasons that gets me ,its the symbolism ,the all seeing eye ,the checkered floors all of that stuff ,the great architect of the universe .You see the checkered floors all over music videos and it really makes you think.

I've been intersted in the freemasons since I was 13 and for some reason something just wasn't right.

What is your stance on religious orginisations? They are the masters of symbolism etc.

i have just been looking up freemansons in the EU ,and this came to light,ROCCO BUTTIGIONE a former catholic politician and papel adviser ,caused further controversty by claiming that his successor as a freemason,it has been a sensitive issue in italy since 1981,when a secret masonic lodge known as P2,[properganda day] was broken amid public scandal and corruption,nearly 1000, members,senior figures in business,politics,banking journalism,intelligence services,and military, the scandal brought down the goverment. ...

I love your selective quoting. The P2 lodge was expelled from Freemasonry. It was a law unto itself. And the reason Buttiglione said what it did was because since Mussolini outlawed the Masons and the Vatican fear any group that could possibly unbalance their political sway, it would make people suspicious of his successor. He may as well just said Frattini eats babies.
    UK a former cop blamed influence of freemasons within the police for continuing racism in the force,former commander john o'conner claimed freemasons still wielded massive influence within high ranks

One guy claiming this isn't really proof of anything. I wouldn't even rate hearsay as evidence considering how unreliable it is.

I love your selective quoting. The P2 lodge was expelled from Freemasonry. It was a law unto itself. And the reason Buttiglione said what it did was because since Mussolini outlawed the Masons and the Vatican fear any group that could possibly unbalance their political sway, it would make people suspicious of his successor. He may as well just said Frattini eats babies.

One guy claiming this isn't really proof of anything. I wouldn't even rate hearsay as evidence considering how unreliable it is.
    i think there is enough gone on for most of us to believe that freemasons at the top have been abusing their powers, have you ever heard of whistleblower DUGLAS WATT ?well he worked over a seven year period in the EU court,his access to unsolved audit cases,dating back 10 years increased,as did his ever increasing suspicions of a cover up by his superiors,in 2001 everything began to fall into place and he identified a masonic dimention to a string of major cases,DUGLAS complained to the EU ombudsman,and was sacked. his complaint was backed by 205 euro court staff.as far as i know there is a new investigation taking place.on italy,[the parliamentry commissions inquiry]...the committee feel that the link between cosa nostra and [italian] institutions is mostly through massonera[freemasons].the fundarmental terrian on which the link between cosa nostra with public officials and privite professions was created and reinforced is the massoneria.the admission of members of the cosa nostra even to the highest levels,[parliamentray commision of inquiry rome 1995 ]i think thats pretty damming

• Advertisement

Do you mind me asking for anything to back that up?

@getz Please man can you put a bit of punctuation in there? Its kinda hard to read some of your stuff sometimes.....

I think that one of the main reasons masons are viewed with such suspicion is because there truly are no impartial sources to back up what anyones says, either good are bad. And the CT viewpoint to the apparent openness of the masons(I was amazed to discover this- you can even go look at the lodge) is that if they show us this much- what do they still have hidden? Although from the bit of digging I have done, and I'm by no ways an expert, I am inclined to believe what the Masons themselves, particularly the ones who have contributed here and on the thread in the humanaties forum.

Do you mind me asking for anything to back that up?
    www.justresponse.net/dougalwatt3sept02.html.

<snip>The second link was a cheap links site with links to sexually orientated websites<snip>

you will find them on www.justresponse.net and on www.freemasonwatch.org,

Seriously man wtf with this ****??!!?

I'm sure what you mean is "These links don't seem to work." Although the second link gave me some ideas as to what to get the girlfriend for Christmas.
    getz wrote:
    you will find them on www.justresponse.net and on www.freemasonwatch.org,

I was kind of looking for something other than an anti-freemason site or a collection of opinion pieces. The only thing I can find about Douglas Watt (besides, ironically enough, a freemason with the same name) is a couple of suspect sites that all have the exact same article in it.

I'm sure what you mean is "These links don't seem to work." Although the second link gave me some ideas as to what to get the girlfriend for Christmas.

I was kind of looking for something other than an anti-freemason site or a collection of opinion pieces. The only thing I can find about Douglas Watt (besides, ironically enough, a freemason with the same name) is a couple of suspect sites that all have the exact same article in it.
    The best one was his first link that got snipped. This is pretty bad form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FairFilly

This is a difficult topic as I have been involved in some way for nearly 30years I wouldn’t want to try persuading anyone no matter what view they have of the subject. Like a lot of things opinions do change with age & time ,its a very deep subject with many connections to other bodies .I would say that there are many emblems & architecture to be found in many towns/cities that are only a sign of the moderns & ancients .
    The simple set square in Masonic terms has values like sincerity & integrity women have been involved in some way for a reasonable time but not on the same scale. A arm/leg or body gesture can be a sign just as its possible to leave clues in writing , words or handshakes are only a part of a much greater thing. Here is a website that carry’s a links page with many concerned with the craft & Masonic forums that may be of some use .It has been a interesting thread to read .

http://templar-ireland.webs.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Bah, lower degrees are barely a step up from the profane in terms of knowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Samsamsonsoy

currythis wrote: »
    Did any posters on here ever try to join the freemason's?
    Had a look at their Irish website and they want a fair amount of personal info off you just to express an interest in joining..

It depends on what you are looking for. If this sounds good to you then you may want to join:

http://newworldorderconspiracies.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2309815-pedophilia

Advertisement