Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Come to think of it, where did Miles go? Detective Sergeant Byrne, wasn't it? And he had a daughter...Jenny or something. Did he have an actual departure, or did he, like so many others [Ursula], just fade away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

Didn't he knock up his ex wife while going out with tracey, and so moved with his daughter to Galway to play happy families?

Oh yeah, it was something like that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 WinnieWhinefar

I'm not talking about Paul's{Tony's] acting abilities he is brilliant lets just say i wouldnt say no to him if he was naked????

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

They should bring Turlough (I hate that name) back for the court case. Sure he could communicate with Floyd and tell the jury exactly what happened. A testimony from the other side. Make a good Halloween story:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    Come to think of it, where did Miles go? Detective Sergeant Byrne, wasn't it? And he had a daughter...Jenny or something. Did he have an actual departure, or did he, like so many others [Ursula], just fade away?

It was only recently that I realised his full name was Miles Byrne! "Well holy God!" as they used to say in Glenroe.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Detective Myles Byrne was played by Aaron Harris, nephew of Richard Harris. Just a bit of useless information for ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

jos28 wrote: »
    Detective Myles Byrne was played by Aaron Harris, nephew of Richard Harris. Just a bit of useless information for ya !

That is really interesting!.:)
    I thought Renee was right about Heather (ducks from JohnnyBravo for mentioning his favourite characters:D) Heather wants everyone to support Brendan because she feels guilty about creating the whole situation in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

Deise Tom wrote: »
    What has happened to Dolores. After Harry died she went all religious, even tried to get close enough to a priest to get him into bed, now she is anti religious, or comes across that way.
    I think the Father she had an affair with, (him off The Bill) shook her faith in religion a bit because after his colleague had a word with him, he gave Dolores up in about as long as it took him to run out of the confessional that time when he saw it was Dolores wanting to have it out with him.:)

just ignore me then is any1 listening to me????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    When and in what way will they write Ursula out and where is she suppose to be. Upstairs, great place for soap characters to go missing.

I think she left to look after a relative I think.

Cris Jones wrote: »
    That is really interesting!.:)
    I thought Renee was right about Heather (ducks from JohnnyBravo for mentioning his favourite characters:D) Heather wants everyone to support Brendan because she feels guilty about creating the whole situation in the first place!

Though I don't agree with Renee that Heather wanted Brendan to kill Floyd as she loved Floyd and why would she want him to die :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

just ignore me then is any1 listening to me????

I'm listening to you Winnie. Loving your contribs. I too adore Paul (Tony Tormey) and Niamh (Clelia).

I'm listening to you Winnie. Loving your contribs. I too adore Paul (Tony Tormey) and Niamh (Clelia).

Gosh now isn't that a coincidence and you have only joined this month too :rolleyes: another one to add to the ignore list then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was screaming last night at the tv for somebody to believe Annette - I really got caught up in the emotions. And when Paul followed her out of the Hungry Pig - I had a little lump in my throat.

deelite wrote: »
    I was screaming last night at the tv for somebody to believe Annette - I really got caught up in the emotions. And when Paul followed her out of the Hungry Pig - I had a little lump in my throat.

Me too and then when Barry said he would take her home with him, I was pleading at the tv to take Annette home and then he left her with bucko Bill, I was like Nooooooooooo :(:(

thanks angel o1 its nice to have someone agree with you??

angel01 wrote: »

Didn't she find him? Her son, right? Or was it another one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

Gosh now isn't that a coincidence and you have only joined this month too :rolleyes: another one to add to the ignore list then :D

But I've been a long time lurker, and an even longer time viewer. God forgive I actually express an opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fair_City_characters

Ursula Cruise is an elderly woman, first seen in 2004 in a storyline in which she was tied up in her home and robbed by a gang of teenage girls, including Cleo Collins. As a result of this, she moved in with her friend Dolores Molloy.
    She's still there ;) she must be asleep every time the cameras are on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

PMSL :D have they written her out for good? I used to like her loving Seamus :D

From Fair City
    Dear Epicurus

Thank you for your email.

Ann Kent who plays Angela is a wonderful actor and a valued member of our wider Carrigstown community, but we can never reveal future story, so just keep watching….

Kind regards

Fair City Office

:( thats no help to me

Ursula Cruise is an elderly woman, first seen in 2004 in a storyline in which she was tied up in her home and robbed by a gang of teenage girls, including Cleo Collins. As a result of this, she moved in with her friend Dolores Molloy.

Ursula is gone, she left to stay with her son i think. She definitiely isnt meant to be upstaris unless we are meant to believe that she is bunking down with Malachy.

Didn't she find him? Her son, right? Or was it another one?

She did, I think they have left her written out, maybe she will be like Eunice and pass on and they will give her a fitting tribute.

Epicurus wrote: »
    From Fair City

:( thats no help to me

Ursula is gone, she left to stay with her son i think. She definitiely isnt meant to be upstaris unless we are meant to believe that she is bunking down with Malachy.

They never tell you anything, I don't bother asking anymore :( I have asked 3 times, when will they update the cast list on the website and never get any reply :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I wonder how will they explain how she wont be back. Will she die while she is away or just forgotten about, in the same way Annie Walker has been in Coronation Street.

deelite wrote: »

I bet Christy had a lump as well. lol

Ursulsa will be asleep so for a long time as Anna Manahan that played her died a few months back. Maybe Ursuala might come back as one of these transformed characters we see from time to time in the soaps, Fair City no exception.

lol that hasn't been updated in ages. From the fair city site:

Ursula Cruise lodges with Dolores and Cleo. A kindly old lady, she confronted her past when she admitted that she had borne a child with a priest in her younger years. She was delighted to be reunited with that child, Enda, who came to teach in Carrigstown school.
    Though Enda has since moved to England, Ursula is in regular contact and often visits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

They never tell you anything, I don't bother asking anymore :( I have asked 3 times, when will they update the cast list on the website and never get any reply :(

They should put all the characters on it, even the ones who aren't in the soap anymore. People like Charlie's son and Hughie and Mondo may be gone from the programme, but they still have family there.

Nostalgia is fun. They should do a season-by-season story guide, and put some classic episodes up on the iPlayer. It would be good so see Billy and Carol again, or Leo or Dermot and Jo's first episode.

Or how about releasing whole seasons for download? I'd watch the first few years of it again on iTunes (if it was REALLY cheap). That wouldn't cost RTE anything, and it might make them few bob.

They should put all the characters on it, even the ones who aren't in the soap anymore. People like Charlie's son and Hughie and Mondo may be gone from the programme, but they still have family there.

Nostalgia is fun. They should do a season-by-season story guide, and put some classic episodes up on the iPlayer. It would be good so see Billy and Carol again, or Leo or Dermot and Jo's first episode.

Or how about releasing whole seasons for download? I'd watch the first few years of it again on iTunes (if it was REALLY cheap). That wouldn't cost RTE anything, and it might make them few bob.

The cast list is so outdated. Ringo gets on there even though he was brief and he isn't coming back and current characters, don't even make it on there :eek:

I would love old episodes on there, that would be really good!! whoooo 3000 posts for the fair city thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

The cast list is so outdated. Ringo gets on there even though he was brief and he isn't coming back and current characters, don't even make it on there :eek:

I would love old episodes on there, that would be really good!! whoooo 3000 posts for the fair city thread :D

We should have a party when it hits 5,000.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement