Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berget 7 - 2009

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

howdy ,

Could you throw up a link ? one of our guys has issues with his back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

I found it.

QUOTE,
    Sleeping in-game
    Most participants will be sleeping in by crew provided military tents. There will be a 6 hour game-off during night in all base areas (03:00 and 09:00). Keep quiet during these times and respect your sleeping teammates.

Berget-events issue one sleeping place for every ticket holder. Worth noticing that we will not put furnaces in the tents so everyone should bring warm sleeping bags. Your gear should be stored under a tarp outside the tent during the night. Each tent has a capacity to hold 14-16 men. It is prohibited to bring tent beds to tents supplied by Berget-Events. All participants can bring their own tents but the tents need to be military in character and hold at least 12 people.

To awoid the risk of theft, we recommend that your team store objects of value in a large wooden box with a lock outside the tent. These can be rented from Berget-events. Just email info@berget-events.com if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Chances are we'll all be put in tents with our sections and I'm sure if he has a back problem no one will mind so I wouldnt worry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Yeah, don't worry. Kris will give him a medical exemption. It's a storage issue, we'll manage ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Jeez! Lugging one of those big campbeds to Berget along with all my other kit would give me a sore back! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    I found it.

QUOTE,
    Sleeping in-game
    Most participants will be sleeping in by crew provided military tents. There will be a 6 hour game-off during night in all base areas (03:00 and 09:00). Keep quiet during these times and respect your sleeping teammates.

Berget-events issue one sleeping place for every ticket holder. Worth noticing that we will not put furnaces in the tents so everyone should bring warm sleeping bags. Your gear should be stored under a tarp outside the tent during the night. Each tent has a capacity to hold 14-16 men. It is prohibited to bring tent beds to tents supplied by Berget-Events. All participants can bring their own tents but the tents need to be military in character and hold at least 12 people.

To awoid the risk of theft, we recommend that your team store objects of value in a large wooden box with a lock outside the tent. These can be rented from Berget-events. Just email info@berget-events.com if you are interested.
    erm, bring warm sleeping bags? no furnace in tents? are you mad?

Summer in northern Sweden... 23 hours of sunlight... its going to be cool for possibly an hour or two, and baking for the rest... advising people bring wintergrade sleep gear may result in several boiled airsofters... and you dont want to have to clean that up...

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Firekitten wrote: »
    erm, bring warm sleeping bags? no furnace in tents? are you mad?

Summer in northern Sweden... 23 hours of sunlight... its going to be cool for possibly an hour or two, and baking for the rest... advising people bring wintergrade sleep gear may result in several boiled airsofters... and you dont want to have to clean that up...

It actualy gets quite cold at night there.

Last year we had quite a few people complaining of being cold when trying to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Yeah, I found it decidely chilly for a few hours at 'night'.

It actualy gets quite cold at night there.

Last year we had quite a few people complaining of being cold when trying to sleep

Lemming says no... and hes a berget vet.... guard duty... cold... sleeping no...

But if you're cold you can always have a nice firefight before bed to warm up. Admitedly, after a day of fighting, you wont give a damn how mildly chilly it is... bed = zonk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lemming says no... and hes a berget vet.... guard duty... cold... sleeping no...

But if you're cold you can always have a nice firefight before bed to warm up. Admitedly, after a day of fighting, you wont give a damn how mildly chilly it is... bed = zonk.

Lemmings not the only Vet here, it gets cold at night. He stayed warm because him and Trev were cuddling.

• Advertisement

Lemming is one of those peculiar people ;) who don't feel the cold. I love the heat, the hotter the better.

Lemmings not the only Vet here, it gets cold at night. He stayed warm because him and Trev were cuddling.
    that explains a lot....

Meh, toughen up... its not cold till you've slept in a snow drift in -10 in only an army issue sleeping bag.... bloody airsofters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Multicam bdu and tshirts thats it for my gaming clothing. Whatever coldness i get ill just deal with. Pr events at night where the definition of cold and i was fine.

On a sad note. My m16 started making funny noises yesterday so it has to sit this one out. Masada,vfc 416 and tm mp7 have been drafted in for the slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

TheDoc wrote: »
    Multicam bdu and tshirts thats it for my gaming clothing. Whatever coldness i get ill just deal with. Pr events at night where the definition of cold and i was fine.

On a sad note. My m16 started making funny noises yesterday so it has to sit this one out. Masada,vfc 416 and tm mp7 have been drafted in for the slaughter.

Me and Devilsbreath brought a light black fleece each last year. Came in very handy at night(or what you would call night) when you were around basecamp and were looking for a little extra warmth. Its near number 1 on my list for this year too. That and a sleeping bag that actually comes up above my waist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I cant stand the heat, but still bringing a military jacket as you will need it at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

It wont be that hot, looking at the weather will be lucky to get better than 25c,
    I dont realy care as long as we get 20hours of SUN :) a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

tell me about it my KWA m4 crapped out after just 2 hrs of gaming yesterday the piston is wrecked and the piston casing is cracked at the front.
    18 months of hassle free shooting on 8.4 batteries and it gets wrecked after 2 hrs on a lipo battery. LIPO ready my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    It wont be that hot, looking at the weather will be lucky to get better than 25c,

I need to qualify a few things here since I think I can see a couple of people going slightly mad with the warm-weather clothing.

Ok, I'll start with Mad Ozzie's quote above. It may not be "that" hot for a sun-holiday drinking beer beside a pool, but consider the following:
    • By our standards yes it will be very much hot
    • That "not better than 25c" will be a relentless "not better than 25c" from about 3.30/4am until 10pm. Imagine midday sun for about 20 hours and you'll have an idea. I don't *want* it to get any hotter personally speaking ...
    • You will be doing a monkey-load of physical activity whilst carrying your weight in gear and water. Do you want it to get any hotter?

Anyway. on note of people worrying about cold weather gear; a three-season sleeping bag should more than suffice. No need to go mad with winter clothing or the like. During the evenings it will get colder, but not much more so than a clear night with no cloud here in summer whilst you're wearing a tshirt. A thermal base layer or jacket along with a beanie/thermal hat and gloves will see you through those hours comfortably if you're unlucky enough to pull guard-duty during that time (which we were last year).

This is all in my opinion and what I think I need/can deal with personally. You should of course plan according to your capabilities, so don't take my word for it if you doubt it. You are not me and have different limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

On a slightly more fun note.

Less than a week to go WWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Have nearly everything ready. Should have everything sorted by tonight :)

First dibs on the shovel for building our defences.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

well mad ozzie ( who you quoted - not me) is from austrailia , no doubt it'll be cold to him.

the rest of us should be fine. the end of the preparations are in sight - now's not the time for "the sky is falling"

• Advertisement

Yes, now isnt the time for 'the sky is falling'... but this is airsofters... invariably they panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

k, might not be able to bring my sl9, stripped it to upgrade some internals, found 4 cracks in the gearbox casing, broken trigger so far, I've only skirmished for a hour or so since i bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Just to start the 'sky is falling' talk, do the guards in the airport usually have much issue with airsoft stuff? Do they want to look at it? What's the procedure?

Just finding out if an IAA letter would help or hinder the process, or if it's worth doing like we did for PR3.

Only if its James going through the airport...

Apparently they can dependant on how your stuff is packed, and what. Ill defer to him, as he has more knowlage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Just to start the 'sky is falling' talk, do the guards in the airport usually have much issue with airsoft stuff? Do they want to look at it? What's the procedure?

Just finding out if an IAA letter would help or hinder the process, or if it's worth doing like we did for PR3.
    Only if its James going through the airport...

Apparently they can dependant on how your stuff is packed, and what. Ill defer to him, as he has more knowlage.

Erm, this is an interesting question and not one I can answer definitively since my encounter with airport police (and the ensuing Gardai) was akin to Monty Python sketch some 20-30 minutes in length.

They ultimate had little issue with my airsoft stuff per-se ni the long run and seemed more interested in "the ammo" (and subsequently very disappointed when they saw what it was). You may encounter issue with your gas mags if you say it's "like paintball".

A letter from the IAA may help. May not either. I would say it can't hurt at any rate.

Incidentally, ways to get through airport security with airsoft kit without hassle include not being me (as FireKitten has already pointed out. I seem to have a friendly face that says 'come say hello if you're police') :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Skatedude wrote: »
    k, might not be able to bring my sl9, stripped it to upgrade some internals, found 4 cracks in the gearbox casing, broken trigger so far, I've only skirmished for a hour or so since i bought it.

Skatedude I have a spare Star gearbox shell from a g36 along with the trigger I can lend you if you like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Ill bring my valve key with me to the airport if anyone wants to remove the valves from their GBB mags, they are no longer gas containers once the valve is removed, as per Lemmings previous problems with GBB mags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

kdouglas wrote: »
    Ill bring my valve key with me to the airport if anyone wants to remove the valves from their GBB mags, they are no longer gas containers once the valve is removed, as per Lemmings previous problems with GBB mags.

Sounds good. It may be time to arrange some non-airport rally point so we can do stuff like this.

I'll be driving and parking in the quickpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Many of the fill valves can be removed with a flathead screwdriver if people want to have a crack at it themselves, save a bit of time maybe.

• Advertisement

The packing guidelines for air transport are in the info thread, in the first couple of pages somewhere.

I don't see us having too much trouble with GBB mags, just show them that the mags are empty by pressing the release valve.

Remove batteries from AEGs, and put them in a different bag. You can't bring gas at all, therefore, no power - no problem.

The issue with RS "ammo" is that it can explode in a fire, that's why airlines take such care over it. It's a fire safety issue, not really a security one (because it's in the hold and passengers have no access to it). Once the searchers see that BBs are inert they won't care.

Advertisement