Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

SteveC wrote: »
    It gets better...

They've sacked 120 workers from the toll bridge here and the NRA call centre is set up in the UK??????

I despair.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/no-barrier-means-no-jobs-for-120-tollbridge-staff-1464543.html

If Nenagh and Thurles are commuting distance from Dublin, then Dublin is commuting distance from Newry

mmkay:cool:

**And yes, they were offered jobs there according to the 9 o'clock news some day this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 RYR154

Darragh29 wrote: »
    If they tried this in France there would be cars on fire on the bridge and the whole city would be at a standstill for 2 weeks, but when it all washed out, there would be no toll on the bridge. Tis a pity we have forgotten how to protest, I hope we don't get invaded again anytime soon...

Exactly my point all along!

Maybe an invasion would be a good thing. The problem in this country is we ask ourselves "Can I afford it" and if the answer is yes then everyone else can fight for themselves!

Better choice of words this time, now that I have had a sleep :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

RYR154 wrote: »
    I completely forgot the M50 was the only toll in the country

Its the only one we're discussing here.
    Are you a complete twit or is it just an act because you're very good if it is...
    €2.00 is not the only price as I have explained before.

The point was "The toll is still the same price if you could be arsed to organise yourself", hence the other prices are irrelevant.
    No…. we don’t have speed bumps on the M50 Everyone else knows this so I figured I should inform you as well (you know to keep you up to speed and that).

Now you better sit down for this but we have R and N roads as well. If you look at your rules of the road you would see this.

You were implying that you'd lose time by speed bumps *whilst on the M50*. The presence of them on other roads is irrelevant in this case.
    F**k you jack I’m alright…. Is that it!!!!!
    If I know about it so should everyone else. Great answer... well done.

Everyone else who hasn't been living in a hole should know. National TV, radio and print media advertising for months.

Its the only one we're discussing here.
    No…. we are discussing the new system that applies all toll roads so the M50 is not the only one being discussed. But thank you for confirming my point about “It’s the only one I use so to hell with all the others”
    The point was "The toll is still the same price if you could be arsed to organise yourself", hence the other prices are irrelevant.

Same answer as above! “I have a tag so I don’t care”
    Tell that to people who don’t have a tag or are visiting from the UK or Belfast (or anywhere else for that matter). They will be hunted down for the money and it won’t be 2 euro.
    You were implying that you'd lose time by speed bumps *whilst on the M50*. The presence of them on other roads is irrelevant in this case.
    No, that’s the way you took it up. Anyone with half a brain will know what I meant.
    Answer one question for me please (as I must be stupid or something)
    How do you get to the M50….. Do you drive cross country till you reach it? :)
    Everyone else who hasn't been living in a hole should know. National TV, radio and print media advertising for months.

All the folk down the country and overseas are all living in a hole.
    Has it ever crossed your mind that as they don’t live in a big city like you they take no interest in such things! Especially if they have never used the toll(up to now)!
    Your contempt for your fellow man is a typical reflection of the new Ireland we live in.

And they say things have got better in this country??????????

No…. we are discussing the new system that applies all toll roads so the M50 is not the only one being discussed. But thank you for confirming my point about “It’s the only one I use so to hell with all the others”

Read the thread title, but as you are another person with literacy issues and may not be able to navigate that far:
    The M50 Barrier Free Tolling Thread

Same answer as above! “I have a tag so I don’t care”
    Tell that to people who don’t have a tag or are visiting from the UK or Belfast (or anywhere else for that matter). They will be hunted down for the money and it won’t be 2 euro.

Exactly. I couldn't give a sh1t as long as they pay up. Taking the Belfast example, they will most likely take the M1 meaning they have to pay a toll on the way down anyway... BUY A TAG FFS
    No, that’s the way you took it up. Anyone with half a brain will know what I meant.
    Answer one question for me please (as I must be stupid or something)
    How do you get to the M50….. Do you drive cross country till you reach it? :)
    I take the N7 to M7 and don't hit any speed bumps besides the 2 outside my house!
    All the folk down the country and overseas are all living in a hole.
    Has it ever crossed your mind that as they don’t live in a big city like you they take no interest in such things! Especially if they have never used the toll(up to now)!
    Your contempt for your fellow man is a typical reflection of the new Ireland we live in.

We folk living down the country have access to TV; RTÉ News, TV3 news, ads and the like. you know?? Maybe you don't:rolleyes:
    Local and national radio as well as newspapers have publicised this.

You would need top be deaf and blind to have avoided the publicity around this.

Can someone please ban this troll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I wonder if all the supporters of Cork and Kerry who went to croke park today for the gaelic are rushing home to ring the hotline to pay their tolls.
    Bet hundreds of them wont bother paying it :D

The admin work in chasing all those drivers who dont pay is going to be some ball ache for someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Well the cute ones will now have gone down the tolled section anyways. :D

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I wonder if all the supporters of Cork and Kerry who went to croke park today for the gaelic are rushing home to ring the hotline to pay their tolls.

The admin work in chasing all those drivers who dont pay is going to be some ball ache for someone

It's outsourced to a solicitor in Kerry, so I'm assuming that a notice will be automatically issued and the debt passed to a debt collector after 60 days the same as the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Hi all I am new to this forum I just joined so I can vent my anger towards this **** barrier free tolling!

I really cant understand how they are getting away with this how we are letting them get away with it!

People do you actually realise that you and I own the god damn toll plaza?? 600 Million of tax payers money (our money) was spent buying over the plaza & now we have to fork out more money to use our plaza??? this is complete madness!

For all you "do gooder's" out there, yes we do have to pay for a service but this has been paid for god knows how many times over 1000??

This is a complete ripp off we are being robbed, as other people mentioned on this forum if this was another state there would be 3rd world war but unfortunatly we live in a nanny state with to many do gooder's saying " ah sure what can you do we have to pay it"

If the government started a tax for the air we breath tommorrow I will bet any amount of money some moron will pay it!!

We are more powerful than the government if we stand together we put them there dont forget that, but will we ever stand up like that?? No because like I say theres always someone to pay these rip off taxes & they are the cause of the government getting away with it!

Few points at how we are being screwed:

As others mentioned the toll should have been reduced by 21% but no, nice big profit for them!

We have no control over our balance in the e-flow accounts now how much interest will this generate for the government??

When you buy a tag the system for identification is autonomous so where is this discount???

If you dont buy a tag you get penalized & then summoned to court if you dont pay?

Come on people wake up something has to be done with this, we need to protest, I have loads of ways to screw there system but we all need 2 stand up & stop been taking for a ride!!!!

PS: How much where them complete tossers paid on the RTE news commenting on the new system all there smiles saying oh this is really great....

Just another thing, on the radio the add for e-flow the song they use "dont stop me now im having such a good time" ... they must take us for complete thicks, I know who are "having such a good time" & it aint you or I!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

andrew1977 wrote: »

Croke Park -> Kerry and Cork passes over the Westlink how?

• Advertisement

It doesn't. Unless they have the dodgiest sat navs in history. :D

Even the media were saying that Cork and Kerry supporters would be subjected to the toll. :eek:

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

MYOB wrote: »
    Croke Park -> Kerry and Cork passes over the Westlink how?

Some that want to avoid the queue on the N7 coming out of the city centre might take the N3 to join the M50 quicker thus hitting toll bridge.

Most of the Kerry supporters were in Portlaoise by 5pm. :D

Can someone please ban this troll!
    LOL, don't be such a little Girl...

Typical child’s response to anyone who thinks differently to you!

“He’s making me dribble snot all over my lolly, make the bold man go away. “ LOL
    I take the N7 to M7 and don't hit any speed bumps besides the 2 outside my house!

Thats 2 then ....... LOL

Thanks, Your response made me laugh.
    Only a few more years before you become a man and we can have a proper discussion.
    (Mr CJ)
    If the government started a tax for the air we breath tommorrow I will bet any amount of money some moron will pay it!!

Some of the first people to pay are writing messages on this forum. And because I would not be willing to pay they want me banned.

P.S. Apparently I’m a troll for having my say…. Is that a good thing or a bad thing LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

P.S. Apparently I’m a troll for having my say…. Is that a good thing or a bad thing LOL :D

You're not a troll for what you say, but HOW you say it.

Any more insults to other users and you're out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SeanSD

ninty9er wrote: »
    You would need top be deaf and blind to have avoided the publicity around this.
    I think you need to look at your own literacy skills before you go insulting others!!
    peasant wrote: »
    You're not a troll for what you say, but HOW you say it.
    Any more insults to other users and you're out of here.

This might be none of my business but the chap has been slagged off by ninty9er and you tell RYR154 he will be banned for insulting people!!!

You have had ninty9er use the word Sh1t and insult RYR154’s literacy skills and you tell RYR154 he will be banned for using bad language and insulting people.

You yourself have called him a troll with the above statement.

You need to read the posts a bit more before passing judgment?

Take it to feedback if you have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

SeanSD wrote: »
    You need to read the posts a bit more before passing judgment?

Just because there is a current thread allowing for feedback/criticism on mod decisions, that doesn't mean that every thread is open to this now.

Infraction for backseat modding

Thanks SeanSD. :)

I did not want to point out the literacy issue but I should have.

I have comments and opinions on the toll roads like everyone else but as they don’t agree with everyone on here or I can’t defend myself then I should just agree with everyone.

3,887 posts versises 37

Looks like I loose.

Apologies for my untidy keyboard use;) Such things happen when typing heavily in a vain attempt to make my response seem more emphatic.....which inevitably doesn't work.

There is nothing personal in asking for a troll to be banned. It is the content that is trolling, and since we've done the whole €3 vs. get a feckin (toned down) tag that you can use on every toll road in the country, the response was just back at the beginning....i.e trolling through in an (partially successful) attempt to piss me and others off.

Oh and by the way, sh1t is not the same as ****. I have made an attempt to tone down by using the 1.

• Advertisement

Apologies for my untidy keyboard use Such things happen when typing heavily in a vain attempt to make my response seem more emphatic.....which inevitably doesn't work.

If that was for me then apologies accepted. :)

Getting back to the issue of the toll.

The 3 charges (2.00/2.50/3.00)
    I think it’s unfair to charge people more because they only use the toll on a rare occasion.

In other countries you can register your bank account with the toll people and every time you drive through the money is deducted from your account.

In the USA they have two systems. 6 lane roads, 4 deducted from your bank account 2 barriers if you have not registered your account. If you drive through the 4 and are not registered then you get a very heavy fine.
    Everyone pays the same price, barrier or registered.
    Simple system that works. Why must we make everything so complicated here!

If that was for me then apologies accepted. :)

Getting back to the issue of the toll.

The 3 charges (2.00/2.50/3.00)
    I think it’s unfair to charge people more because they only use the toll on a rare occasion.

In other countries you can register your bank account with the toll people and every time you drive through the money is deducted from your account.

In the USA they have two systems. 6 lane roads, 4 deducted from your bank account 2 barriers if you have not registered your account. If you drive through the 4 and are not registered then you get a very heavy fine.
    Everyone pays the same price, barrier or registered.
    Simple system that works. Why must we make everything so complicated here!

Removing the barrier is removing the complication though. These tags will be usable all over the country on current and future toll plazas....e.g in Fermoy and on the western apporach to the Limerick Tunnel and the Clonmacken approach. There's a discount for using a prepay account on the Fermoy route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I passed through over the M50 bridge today and yesterday, but I didn't see any cameras for recording my reg. Did I miss them completely?

I passed through over the M50 bridge today and yesterday, but I didn't see any cameras for recording my reg. Did I miss them completely?

they're little black boxes that you see on the gantry here:
    0001ac6f10dr.jpg

As far as I'm aware it's part of the unit that registers a tag passing through.

Craps, I may set up one of those account thingies. Do they only record the reg from the front?

Do they only record the reg from the front?

No idea.

I must set up an account too. Not that it'll be used that often, but I'm not going to pay €3 instead of €2 out of sheer laziness.

i doubt I'll use the bridge too often, so €40 forkout for the tag is a little pricey. €2.50 a pop isn't too bad, video account will do me fine :)

Curious about their video recognition working on the front or back of cars, if its the front I might take off me plate :) It might be front only, and thats why they won't be charging motorbikes cause they have to front plate. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd say it'd be easy enough to sabotage them? The gantry's are practically climbing frames anyway ;)

cormie wrote: »
    The gantry's are practically climbing frames anyway ;)

Where's a graffiti artist when you need one:p

• Advertisement

The lads from Blanch will be along shortly. ;)

Advertisement