Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

most of actors also where in tv ad's,vicent and francis were in tv licence ads,barry o hanlon was in the power city ads years ago,i wonder was keith the co presenter of that rte tv show "megazone"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

most of actors also where in tv ad's,vicent and francis were in tv licence ads,barry o hanlon was in the power city ads years ago,i wonder was keith the co presenter of that rte tv show "megazone"

No keith is not that guy.

Barry O'Hanlon was in Batman Begins. As where a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

it has to be the worst soap with the worst acting in the world

it has to be the worst soap with the worst acting in the world

You didn't catch The Royal Today! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the thing that really annoys me about Fair City is the shameless product placement that goes on in the 'show' would rte like to disclose how much companies are paying to have their products displayed so prominantly
    surely if two actors are in a scene in the garage and behind them is a well known car oil that is very visible to the viewing public and they talking for a couple of minutes would that be the same as say a standard ad
    so rte what are they paying you?????????:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

the thing that really annoys me about Fair City is the shameless product placement that goes on in the 'show' would rte like to disclose how much companies are paying to have their products displayed so prominantly
    surely if two actors are in a scene in the garage and behind them is a well known car oil that is very visible to the viewing public and they talking for a couple of minutes would that be the same as say a standard ad
    so rte what are they paying you?????????

They are just using well known products. The makers of such products do not pay for them to be on the screen. E.g. In the pub Guinness and other brands are on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah, Fair ****ty!

To be honest, I don't have time for any soaps these days. But in truth Fair City is the worst show on RTE, without a doubt. Pathetic, recycled storylines with some of the worst acting I have ever seen, I have seen school plays with more talent than their cast for christs sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

Elmo wrote: »
    You didn't catch The Royal Today! :eek:

its better anyday

its better anyday

Yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Ah Fair city really isn't that bad, yeah the acting is appaling but the storylines are good. Prefer it any day to the drudge that is Eastenders.

• Advertisement

in eastenders,you cant go into the local pub queen vic without some row breaking out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

had to laugh there about two weeks ago when ursula fell down the stairs in dolores's house and ended up sitting perfect at the bottom of the stairs without a scratch or a broken bone not bad for a ninety year old:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

what happened to yer 1 mags ... she speaks funny lately

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

hiscan wrote: »
    had to laugh there about two weeks ago when ursula fell down the stairs in dolores's house and ended up sitting perfect at the bottom of the stairs without a scratch or a broken bone not bad for a ninety year old:D

that was a good one alright...soaps are supposed to portray real-life events and scenarios on a tv screen but in real-life if that were to happen, i don't know of anyone who would be sitting as pretty as Ursula was ie. without so much as a scratch

...oh gawd! i've just admitted to watching an episode of Fair City :eek:

mags was in it there the other nite,i thaught actor that played niamhs sister is gorgeous

mags was in it there the other nite

She is speaking funny, kind of slurd. I think she had a stroke (or else she is drunk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

Elmo wrote: »
    She is speaking funny, kind of slurd. I think she had a stroke (or else she is drunk).

No she got new teeth is all, same thing happened Bertie Ahern a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

I fell off the couch laughing at her!!!

LINUS!!!!

This thread has been going on 3 years. I wonder how many of the cast have seen and possibly even posted in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

The funniest for me has to be when Rita had her stroke at the wedding.

So, so funny!

No she got new teeth is all, same thing happened Bertie Ahern a few years back.

Anyone have a clip of Bertie talking funnier then usual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Chinafoot wrote: »
    The funniest for me has to be when Rita had her stroke at the wedding.

So, so funny!

Or when she wet herself. I reckon she did in real life and they just added it to the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What about Charlie - he's trying to sound all posh!?! "I say Bellaaah" etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Fred83 wrote: »
    mags was in it there the other nite,i thaught actor that played niamhs sister is gorgeous

niamh is a ride

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

She was saved by her gigantic ears .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Worst fall down the stairs in TV history!! She was sitting up after a few seconds, It's a cult classic tv show in my eyes!! If I have nothing to do or a free day, Il watch it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Overunder

Do You know what people, When the lighting is bad or to bright, the actor looks bad when the dialogue in the script has been written by an idiot who cant write to save is life, the actor looks bad, when the make up is patchy, the actor looks bad, when the director doesn't know how to direct, the actor looks bad...there is a lot of narrow minded critics in this forum who know nothing about television production, sure maybe RTE doesn't either, but stop blaming the actors, yes i do know some of them and I also know that 90 percent of them have years of experience in film and theatre, who dont get the talented directors lighting and scripts they are used to...for fair city actors its just a gig! So why not take a good look at the production elements on this show and criticize them...

Overunder wrote: »
    Do You know what people, When the lighting is bad or to bright, the actor looks bad when the dialogue in the script has been written by an idiot who cant write to save is life, the actor looks bad, when the make up is patchy, the actor looks bad, when the director doesn't know how to direct, the actor looks bad...there is a lot of narrow minded critics in this forum who know nothing about television production, sure maybe RTE doesn't either, but stop blaming the actors, yes i do know some of them and I also know that 90 percent of them have years of experience in film and theatre, who dont get the talented directors lighting and scripts they are used to...for fair city actors its just a gig! So why not take a good look at the production elements on this show and criticize them...

what a load of sh*t.

just because you're mates with a few Fair City actors you think you're superior to the rest of us.

Said actors who are knobs in real life

Jimmy - already gone there, a scumbag
    Carol - lying bitch
    Rita - a pig
    Lana - most annoying person ever

ah i love soap operas they are so small minded and small town people,the person you usually haveing an affair is never an outsider,at funerals,weddings,partys theres people in the background and you never seen them before in your life,fair city, its not to bad compare some of the soaps that are shown in other countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Overunder

It Sh1t you speak BrianCapture....you sound like you have issues with fictitious characters, or are you just deeply bitter? Or maybe your just a bully with an inferiority complex? Good luck with the begrudging! PS Has Carol hurt you with her lies...ah...

• Advertisement

Overunder wrote: »
    It Sh1t you speak BrianCapture....you sound like you have issues with fictitious characters, or are you just deeply bitter? Or maybe your just a bully with an inferiority complex? Good luck with the begrudging! PS Has Carol hurt you with her lies...ah...

my issue is with the actors who play the four characters listed

- David Mitchell
    - Aisling O'Neill
    - Jean Costello
    - Tatiana ?

a quartet of horrible people

Advertisement