Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you single?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Single ???

* looks around and see's this womon who wont see 29 again who looks familier ............then realises why he is not single * :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Sherifu wrote: »
    /taxi for 1

2, surely? I'll share with ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well to be honest I've just gotten out of a 4 year relationship and I have absulutly no desire to be getting into another one for a long time, sure I enjoyed it and their are lots of good things about it. But it's down to the people, some people like/need someone close to them I don't really, I like my alone time, I like doing my own thing, I like hanging out with my friends when I want, I like not being tied down, I like being able to chat to random girls and the thrill of the chase. I like looking after myself, my fitness and my health... And i'm not saying that some nights aint lonely but there's plenty to look forward to. I know that when someone special comes along again it'l be time but i'm in no hurry for that. And it's not that single people can't get a girlfriend either theres not a lack of offers it's just some people don't want to take them they want to focus on themselfs. I've a trip booked to Australia for a year, trip round Ireland, amsterdam in the summer in general I do see the benfits of being single right now.

Not trying to be funny but what hell were you doing in a four year relationship???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Why am I single? Because I've never been married. Until I do get married, even if I am going out with one or even more than one woman, I'll still be single. The term single, like partner, has become distorted in recent years. I'm single because I have never married, and I don't have a partner because I am an employee of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Not trying to be funny but what hell were you doing in a four year relationship???

Because I loved her...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Because I loved her...

Well I've got nothing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

cos no one will have me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Monsoon26

Hey Sabotage,

I've just been posting some comments on another thread 2day about bunny boiler exe girlfriends...trust me, once you've been through an episode like that, bein single is a breath of fresh air ! Ahhh, FREEDOM !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

I like looking after myself, my fitness and my health...
    why can't you do that when you are in a relationship for gods sake!!! :confused:

mru wrote: »
    why can't you do that when you are in a relationship for gods sake!!! :confused:

I can of course but not to the same extend, you know yourself you want to go to the gym or go kickboxing but the girlfriends wants you to cook dinner, or go out etc which is grand too bit it can get in the way where as if your single you decide how much time you want to focus on them things you get me?

• Advertisement

I can of course but not to the same extend, you know yourself you want to go to the gym or go kickboxing but the girlfriends wants you to cook dinner, or go out etc which is grand too bit it can get in the way where as if your single you decide how much time you want to focus on them things you get me?

ok but from personal experience, if someone gets in the way of something that you ovbiously like doing, then they're not worth the trouble - i go training 4 times a week with my gf, just found it a strange pro to be associated with being single, as prob anyone who is in a happy relationship spends most of their time with their other half, whether it's training/going out/down the shops etc etc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Monsoon26 wrote: »
    exe girlfriends
    You'd have to be some nerd to have an exe girlfriend. I suppose they're easier to dump. All you have to do is un-install them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

im single because i suffer from a crippling disability....its called being an ugly f*cker! theres no real cure!

I get what you mean, but my girlfriend didn't train but she didn't say "Hey your not going" it was give and take, my point is I enjoyed being in the relationship while I was and doing thing's together but now that i'm not I also enjoy the extra free time I have and don't have the need to go and be in a relationship unless I really hit it off with someone that's all i'm trying to say.

I get what you mean, but my girlfriend didn't train but she didn't say "Hey your not going" it was give and take, my point is I enjoyed being in the relationship while I was and doing thing's together but now that i'm not I also enjoy the extra free time I have and don't have the need to go and be in a relationship unless I really hit it off with someone that's all i'm trying to say.
    coolio - not having a go mate ;)

it's a strange one, those currently in a relationship think its the best thing since sliced bread/those not in a relationship think its the best thing since sliced bread

agree to disagree?

**waits to be shot down**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I enjoyed being single, when I was single, but I am happy in my relationship now, and wouldn't change it for anything.

With that said, I do miss certain aspects of single life.

It was nice to only have to consider myself when making plans.

It was nice to be able to book spontaneous holidays, without consulting the OH, and last minute nights out where good too.

Its not as easy to be spontaneous when your in a relationship. Sure, you can do semi-spontaneous coupley things, but you always have to consider someone else before making any plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Where to start...

a) cheated on my long term gf.
    b) decided that another long distance relationship wasn't gonna be good for me.
    c) right now, I blame the job...and that my last date was <quote>just ok</quote> but I'm working on that.

I think you might be right on that grass is greener on our side sort of thing. But I see friends in relationships who have their head so far up their ass it;s unreal, they give up everything they used to enjoy, friends, hobbies. I for one can't see how they do it always said from the get go that I need time to be with my friends and be myself and if i couldn't I wouldn't be happy and i always made the effort to, again each person is differant...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

kaimera wrote: »
    Where to start...

a) cheated on my long term gf.
    b) decided that another long distance relationship wasn't gonna be good for me.
    c) right now, I blame the job...and that my last date was <quote>just ok</quote> but I'm working on that.

JUST OK!? I thought you were debonaire!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

I like the freedom being single gives me but that said i'm not closed minded to any relationships which may or may not occur.

• Advertisement

But I see friends in relationships who have their head so far up their ass it;s unreal, they give up everything they used to enjoy, friends, hobbies.
    yeah - I've got mates like that - but i suppose that's where it becomes more a personality type of thing, "mates" like that are always out for themselves anyways, regardless of whether they're in a relationship or not.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Bout a month and a half out of a relationship, which is why I'm single.

At the moment I'm working pretty much all the time and enjoying it for the most part. Downtime is reading, and I haven't really been going out much, so it all contributes :)

Being in an intense relationship seems to crowd out nearly everything else in ones life, I wouldn't hop into a relationship right now, still a little sore from the last. Personal goals take on a new importance; in a relationship, nothing ever seemed more important than her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

I think once you've been in a serious relationship it alters your mind so you feel like you'd be miserable single and you have to stay in relationships. I never WANTED a boyfriend for years, I had tons of opportunities with really hot guys and I just didn't wasn't interested in a relationship. Just seemed like too much hassle to me. I did have some lonely moments but overall I was happy - having the freedom to do whatever I wanted - hang out with friends, study abroad, do anything I wanted to do without being tied down to someone. And I think it's deluded to say being in a relationship isn't tying. Of course it is - you have to think about someone else every time you make a decision - should I go and work abroad? Should I do that Masters? When you're single, you have nobody else to think about. Now that I am in a relationship, I feel like, how could I have ever been happy on my own? I'll be so lonely if we break up! Which is obviously silly because I was single for years and perfectly happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Many reasons. None of them by choice.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i fell overand hit myface off a curb, minging scab all overmy face... thats my reason :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Introversion and rarely finding anyone I genuinely like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭ruskin

Im cripplingly shy, and just an uninteresting person to be around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Otacon wrote: »
    JUST OK!? I thought you were debonaire!?
    I found out after from a third party...I had plans to make up for it but got called aweh.

I am debonair :p

Whats yore excuse for being single?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I am single because I am hideous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

feylya wrote: »
    Many reasons. None of them by choice.
    This response captures my sentiments also.

With maybe a bit of ruskin's crippling shyness thrown in for good measure. Also I suffer from anxiety problems and all the symptoms get worse if I even get close to someone.

Bummer eh?:D

Advertisement