Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

My first g-shock in about 20 years!
    What model number is it? Its a nice gshock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    What straps did you get? OEM ones?

19mm is a difficult size.

One is an alligator oem strap a guy sold me while in the US. The other one is horween leather strap I ordered from house of straps

Horween Chromexcel Navy Strap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

What model number is it? Its a nice gshock

GMW-B5000D-1ER

Got it from here. 25% off at the minute:

https://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio-g-shock-full-metal-limited-edition-bluetooth-tough-solar-watch-gmw-b5000d-1er-p100026584.html

Northern how are you finding the battery on your gshock all metal?

It’s sitting at about 50% at the minute. Hasn’t seen much daylight since I took it out of the box on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

One is an alligator oem strap a guy sold me while in the US. The other one is horween leather strap I ordered from house of straps

Horween Chromexcel Navy Strap

Noice..... need pics....!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

893bet wrote: »
    Noice..... need pics....!

To lazy to change over :) I might try over the xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How did santa know I wanted a slimmer g-shock?

IMG-20191225-095840.jpg

Hopefully a few more Christmas presents appear here during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My HKED Bund homage is shipping tomorrow.
    I have mine coming on a honey brown Fluco strap and I'm actually quite excited to lay hands on it.
    Not quite a 7y.o at Xmas but close :D
    It looks like a fantastic piece IMO

498483.jpg
    498484.jpg

That’s lovely!

I would have loved to have got my hands on the Sinn 155 Bund that was released earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nice one B. :) Joke is the dial on that one looks more authentic than quite a few of the so called "original" (3H) Heuers out there.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That’s lovely!

I would have loved to have got my hands on the Sinn 155 Bund that was released earlier this year.

The Sinn re-issue was lovely, I missed out on it myself too.
    Thirdfox gave me the heads-up on this particular model and from reading up on the v1 and V2 versions I thought I was going to be out of luck considering how rarely they come up for sale.

Luckily Ed was working on the V3 release right around the time I started looking.
    It's an ST19 handwound movement and I am literally bursting with anticipation waiting for it.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nice one B. :) Joke is the dial on that one looks more authentic than quite a few of the so called "original" (3H) Heuers out there.

His previous versions really do seem very well regarded and the photos so far look great.

I'll add some photos when I have mine in hand, aswell as an attempt at a review too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

sinn-damasko.jpg
    Some stunning watches in this Damasko catalogue, my next watch in in their somewhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

banie01 wrote: »
    His previous versions really do seem very well regarded and the photos so far look great.

I'll add some photos when I have mine in hand, aswell as an attempt at a review too ;)

It looks lovely.. tempted

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

498874.jpg

My only watch purchase over Christmas. It's ugly as sin but I wanted one with a vibrating alarm and this was cheaper than a G-Shock of which I have two (non vibrating models) so decided to opt for this. As I say, it's not a looker but it's nice and logical in operation. Plus the display is nice and large which as I'm getting that bit older I appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

IMG-20200102-211952.jpg

Finally pulled the plug on a diver, couldn't resit this when it popped up on the Christopher Ward site with 30% off. C60 Trident Pro 600 MK3. Very hard to get a photograph of it, I know now why it's nicknamed the light catcher. Super sparkly in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Lol think you mean pulled the trigger. Pulled the plug is when you kill or cancel something. But anyway very nice watch. The new C65s look quite good, theyve changed the logo and centred it now and they have a 5 day power reserve. But they are LE so cost 2k or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sminkypinky

My most recent purchase, the Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical, white dial variant.

The local dealer was having a sale, and I thought I'd get either the black or brown dial version.

Upon examining them I found the brown wasn't as legible as a field watch should be, and the aged lume on the black looked a little cheesy to me, however it seems to work better on the white dial for some reason.

I had been of the opinion that the white dial was my least favourite version, and barely gave it a glance. However, my other half was with me and kept saying it was her favourite. The dealer let me try it on for a few minutes and I realised Mrs. S might be onto something.
    I went with it and it's now one of my all time favourites. I think I'll let her choose in future.

20191202-135405.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thelizardking1

IMG-20200103-143201-764.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Lovely, considering one of those as a present for myself for my birthday this year. How much would one expect to part with for that or a blue one, second hand obviously? (Just a ball park, not looking for the exact amount you paid). Does there be many going on TZ?

TLK1, that's a lovely watch really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Wore this out on NYE. Lost a bit of weight so had to get some links out. Nice feeling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=498997&d=1578075437

Lovely, considering one of those as a present for myself for my birthday this year. How much would one expect to part with for that or a blue one, second hand obviously? (Just a ball park, not looking for the exact amount you paid). Does there be many going on TZ?

Check out the prices on Watchrecon and Chrono24 and see what used versions go for. I'd buy brand new if I were you. Cheapest brand new one on Chrono24 is €3k from a dealer in Italy. That's a great price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I paid about 2k for mine. They’re a really lovely watch.

Eoin wrote: »
    I paid about 2k for mine. They’re a really lovely watch.

And you sold it for about that amount as well IIRC. Fair play for passing the savings on to someone else. That was a great price.

The cheapest I can see is €2,390 on C24 and that's for an nine year old watch. Bearing in mind that a service is €500 and all new Tudor's come with a 5 year warranty (as of this year) I'd buy new if it can be bought for around €3k.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Wore this out on NYE. Lost a bit of weight so had to get some links out. Nice feeling.

I flinched when I got to the word lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Big thanks to Birneybau for this Vostok Amphibia. I love it! I will probably be putting it onto a nato soon, but already loving it.

ONGxuR8l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    Big thanks to Birneybau for this Vostok Amphibia. I love it! I will probably be putting it onto a nato soon, but already loving it.

It's a right (and left) arm hair puller. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, the vostok metal straps are shíte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement