Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Dan Henry 1970

IMG-20191213-083215728.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Dan Henry 1970

Very nice Frank. I really do like the look of their watches. Wouldn't mind picking one up in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I've been watching these myself, thats just tasty and may have to use xmas bonus on one :)

I've a couple of Barton straps on the way as I'm not liking the one that comes with the watch.

The watch is 40mm, lug to lug is a blond curly one over 45mm but the strap seems really long for those dimensions.

It also needs another hole between two of the holes (ooh matron!) on the strap to fit as I would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

497530.jpg

Got this in February of this year and really like it. I find myself wearing it quite often now. Quite a whopper though at 53mm. I've gone from really not liking G-Shocks to this being the 2nd in the collection of watches and with a view to adding some more over time. The other G-Shock in the collection is of course the DW-5600E.

Please excuse the grime and dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Dan Henry 1970

How does the bezel actuate? Presume the upper crown is it? Is it bidirectional or can you lock it in place somehow after setting?

fat bloke wrote: »
    How does the bezel actuate? Presume the upper crown is it? Is it bidirectional or can you lock it in place somehow after setting?

Upper crown and bidirectional. Being able to lock it would be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

[IMG][/IMG]

Got this in February of this year and really like it. I find myself wearing it quite often now. Quite a whopper though at 53mm. I've gone from really not liking G-Shocks to this being the 2nd in the collection of watches and with a view to adding some more over time. The other G-Shock in the collection is of course the DW-5600E.

Please excuse the grime and dust.

Did I sell you that watch from Adverts by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Muppet Man wrote: »
    The stars aligned me for in South Africa last week and I pulled the trigger on my first expensive (to me!) watch. Omega Seamaster Diver 300m.

Between AD Discount and Tax rebate when leaving South Africa, its cost me about 3500 euro. At that price I couldnt leave it behind.

Was worried about the size, but its actually really comfortable to wear and looks simply stunning IMHO. Really pleased with it. The box is a work of art.... :D

Muppet Man

Beautiful Watch well wear.

The size is what's putting me off that watch also.

But then again I wear a 45mm Seiko Sumo.

For me if Omega made it in 40mm with 46mm lug to lug and an automatic HEV, I would buy one. It would blow everything in the sub 10k dive watch category out of the water. You got a fantastic watch for €3500.

Better watch then the current Submariner date imo.

Dan Henry 1970

On a Barton NATO this morning.

IMG-20191217-092355589.jpg

• Advertisement

is the Barton NATO comfortable?

is the Barton NATO comfortable?

Yeah, I've no complaints with it.

I've another on the way that I don't think will suit the watch as well as this one. If you want I could post it to you to try out (it's a 22mm)

Yeah, I've no complaints with it.

I've another on the way that I don't think will suit the watch as well as this one. If you want I could post it to you to try out (it's a 22mm)

Well I still have to order the watch for myself shortly, but I love the watch/strap colour combo you have going on

Well I still have to order the watch for myself shortly, but I love the watch/strap colour combo you have going on

Ah right,no worries. I've got it on the smoke/pumpkin strap currently and have the black/burnt orange on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I decided to take a chance recently, and I think it has paid off.

I love the moon watch, but there isn't a chance I can justify the cost of a proper Omega 321 calibre Speedmaster.

I've looked long and hard at the various homages, and also considered the Bulova Lunar Pilot series, but in the end I went for the Alpha M1957.

XESL3d.jpg

This has the Seagull ST1903 movement, as originally developed from the Venus 175 calibre manual chrono movement, used by the Chinese air force.

As an homage, there are many subtle differences, but being a development of a contemporary movement of the 321, it still wears and performs pretty close to what a 50s era, motorsport inspired chrono would do.

It has a sterile dial, so there are no markings on it anywhere, plus a nice display back. The quality is better than expected, and it appears to be running in well, settling down to about +7s per day. It is comparable to the Poljot 3133 in operation, but if anything, feels a bit more refined.

It has addressed my Speedie itch, for now.

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    I decided to take a chance recently, and I think it has paid off.

I love the moon watch, but there isn't a chance I can justify the cost of a proper Omega 312 calibre Speedmaster.

I've looked long and hard at the various homages, and also considered the Bulova Lunar Pilot series, but in the end I went for the Alpha M1957.

This has the Seagull ST1903 movement, as originally developed from the Venus 175 calibre manual chrono movement, used by the Chinese air force.

As an homage, there are many subtle differences, but being a development of a contemporary movement of the 321, it still wears and performs pretty close to what a 50s era, motorsport inspired chrono would do.

It has a sterile dial, so there are no markings on it anywhere, plus a nice display back. The quality is better than expected, and it appears to be running in well, settling down to about +7s per day. It is comparable to the Poljot 3133 in operation, but if anything, feels a bit more refined.

It has addressed my Speedie itch, for now.

One of the guys in work picked one of them up a few months ago. They look really good in the flesh and it's keeping good time for him - around +- 4 or 5 seconds a day.

It's also abated his Speedie desire for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

That's a fine looking watch all right.
    My own Speedie is suffering from lack of wrist time so I might get my self ready to say goodbye to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Blub123

Just pulled the trigger on this. Modified but I like.

497906.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭micks_address

That's really nice. Can I ask from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Blub123 wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on this. Modified but I like.

]

That looks fantastic

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    This arrived today:
    Lorddrakul wrote: »
    That is a worthy addition to any collection.

Well wear.

Full review in progress?
    I bought that watch to sell, hence the quick adverts listing. But I wore it for 2 weeks, so got the feel for it. I love the finish on it, I love being able to wind manually too. But I definitely don't like the date dial, its just that bit awkward to read. And before I bought it I thought a power reserve would be handy, but with manual wind too you definitely don't need it.

I'm a simple man, I like a simple watch. Date window and 3 hands. Not a separate second hand dial. I think the aim is going to be a cocktail time or something with "presage" written on it. But moving house in January, hard to convince the wife that spending €400 on a watch when I have about 7 of them is a necessary purchase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Blub123

That's really nice. Can I ask from where?

Ebay, seller is Neilw3232

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

4407-CBAF-0-A6-D-4-A4-B-9-B05-045-D621477-FD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

63729-D2-D-4-C52-4196-A8-A3-B0-F6-F9624-F94.jpg

My first g-shock in about 20 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

DW-5600BB-1ER

PwOwtvRl.jpg

My one 'good' watch

IMG-20191223-181712.jpg

Havent changed it from the bracelet even though I have two straps and omega deployant buckles..

Good to see all the g-shocks, hopefully santa is bringing me a new one. I had a big chunky one but sold it to get a slimmer one like the 2 above

Northern how are you finding the battery on your gshock all metal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    DW-5600BB-1ER

SNIP

Completed it mate :)

Excellent watch, will never be sold from my collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

My one 'good' watch

Havent changed it from the bracelet even though I have two straps and omega deployant buckles..

What straps did you get? OEM ones?

19mm is a difficult size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement