Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Niles Crane

Didn't get to see all of the match but I thought Kildare's goalkeeper was very impressive great save 10 or 15 minutes from the end claimed one great catch from a high ball and his kickout is massive.Looks like he has huge presence which is what a goalkeeper need, he must be about 6ft5inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

Davy Burke is really impressive to listen to. No doubt he will be the successor to o'Neill in a couple of years. Hopefully no inter county team takes a punt on him in the interim

He's only 30ish so loads of time. Depending on when O'Neill leaves though it might come too soon for him though. Think I'd like to see him take it on in 4-5 years when most of these players are coming into their prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Dj10vc2XoAA_vlp.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Didn't get to see all of the match but I thought Kildare's goalkeeper was very impressive great save 10 or 15 minutes from the end claimed one great catch from a high ball and his kickout is massive.Looks like he has huge presence which is what a goalkeeper need, he must be about 6ft5inches.

No doubt about it he is good but always seems prone to a rush of blood. Not in the same class as Cluxton, Beggan , Morgan or Brody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

No doubt about it he is good but always seems prone to a rush of blood. Not in the same class as Cluxton, Beggan , Morgan or Brody.

I think he means the young lad in goal today for the U20s, nobody thinks the senior keeper is any good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He is only 19!! Why would you be comparing an in inexperienced at senior level player to that group!

He is only 19!! Why would you be comparing an in inexperienced at senior level player to that group!

My bad. Thought he was talking about Donnellan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What a summer it has been

Local lads dj Earley podge Nash and John O Toole

Monasterevin is buzzing right now

Cill dara Abu

The future of kildare gaa is bright

Hyland is a god

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

What a summer it has been

Local lads dj Earley podge Nash and John O Toole

Monasterevin is buzzing right now

Cill dara Abu

The future of kildare gaa is bright

Hyland is a god

Kildare fixtures just in. Monasterevin final league game in the morning!

I like the look of a 2 man full forward line of N Flynn and Hyland with D Flynn coming at full tilt from the 40 at all angles. The speed of Hylands hand pass will open up a lot of goal opportunities.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    I like the look of a 2 man full forward line of N Flynn and Hyland with D Flynn coming at full tilt from the 40 at all angles. The speed of Hylands hand pass will open up a lot of goal opportunities.

Worth trying it in League. We need Dan to start performing for longer periods next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

I'm a Roscommon man who was at the match today.

Firstly big congratulations on a very impressive win and a very good game of football.

Your full-forward line was very un-Kildare like - they were lethal! I know Hyland will get all the plaudits, but I thought the other corner-forward Woodgate, was brilliant. His use of the ball, particularly foot-passing set up numerous scores and chances. The full-forward was very dangerous in the first half, but faded in the second.

Really impressed with the goalie too. Very confident under the high ball, made a super save from almost point blank and his kickouts (bar the one for the goal) were excellent. Very comfortable on the ball too. I'd expect him to take over at senior.

They looked a very well-coached side and have beaten some very good sides on their way to the title, so it's looking up for Kildare at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Love this tweet by Ger McNally!

Knowing Terry, his dad, makes it even funnier!!

"Ger McNally
    @GerMc31
    If Jimmy Hyland had been born 3 days earlier he wouldn’t have been eligible for this year’s U20 team. Lots of significant things happened in Kildare GAA in 1998 but who knew something so important happened so early that year!! "

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Golfgorfield

OttoPilot wrote: »
    He's only 30ish so loads of time. Depending on when O'Neill leaves though it might come too soon for him though. Think I'd like to see him take it on in 4-5 years when most of these players are coming into their prime.

the clever thing would be for O neill to take him through as selector next year, as id imagine a good few of that U20 team will move forward to seniors, having him there would be very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Eamonn callaghan has called it a day

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Athy best Moorefield 0-13 to 0-10 to win division 1. Niall Kelly with 6 points I think

JTB beaten by Maynooth by a point. Thats a JTB team without Cathal McNally Paul Cribbin and Dan Flynn though.

JTB beaten by Maynooth by a point. Thats a JTB team without Cathal McNally Paul Cribbin and Dan Flynn though.

Maynooth missing midfield pairing of Conor Canning and Ruadhan O Giollain.

Thing about the JTB team is they rarely perform under pressure with their top players. Down through the years always been the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

JTB promoted anyway?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    JTB promoted anyway?

They are. Maynooth and Johnstownbridge going up with Raheens and St Kevin's relegated to Div 2.

Ballyteague and Eadestown promoted from Div 3 with Monasterevin and Allenwood dropping down.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    Maynooth missing midfield pairing of Conor Canning and Ruadhan O Giollain.

Thing about the JTB team is they rarely perform under pressure with their top players. Down through the years always been the case.

Its a Maynooth team which flatters at times too. Expect them to beat Larries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What time is the hurling throwing in this evening? I've heard 6 mentioned but that seems very early.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What time is the hurling throwing in this evening? I've heard 6 mentioned but that seems very early.

Yeah it is 6.

St Laurence’s 1-16 Maynooth 0-7

Round Towers 3-13 Leixlip 3-7

paulie21 wrote: »
    St Laurence’s 1-16 Maynooth 0-7

Some hiding for Maynooth.

Bit of a reality check after last week.