Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Will ye chill ffs. It hasn't even been bloody officially confirmed yet!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Or it may not even be real and someone's playing a sick joke, getting people all excited.

Till the band themselves announce it.. Just a little patience.

Left out the not after may..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Exeggcute wrote: »
    They've sold out all over the US.

They'll sell out here, easily.

Not sure where you're getting your info from but surprisingly they haven't.

Of 25 shows 12 sold out or close too it, loads of tickets sold obviously due to magnitude and Livenation looking at the tour as a whole rather than city to city, with average ticket prices for it $130 numerous empty seats can be ignored it seems.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/is-the-guns-n-roses-summer-stadium-tour-too-ambitious-1467931049

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

All I know is the minute the tickets go on sale I'm getting mine because I can't see how there won't be a huge demand for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd love a Croke Park date with Billy talent or the cult and Alice In Chains on the bill but cp shows start late so only room for one support band

Just want too have my gnr concert date sorted by Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Layne

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd love a Croke Park date with Billy talent or the cult and Alice In Chains on the bill but cp shows start late so only room for one support band

Just want too have my gnr concert date sorted by Xmas

I reckon we will have news in the next few weeks, definitely before Xmas to cash in on the Christmas present frenzy.

I agree totally with you, either The Cult or Alice in Chains would definitely be epic. Have Alice in Chains ever even played in Ireland, cannot recall in the recent past definitely post Layne.

Layne wrote: »
    I reckon we will have news in the next few weeks, definitely before Xmas to cash in on the Christmas present frenzy.

I agree totally with you, either The Cult or Alice in Chains would definitely be epic. Have Alice in Chains ever even played in Ireland, cannot recall in the recent past definitely post Layne.

AIC supported Metallica in Marlay Park in 2009 and they were unreal, almost sure they played a solo gig here a few years ago but could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 21,134 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Layne wrote: »

AIC supported Metallica in Marlay Park in 2009 and they were unreal, almost sure they played a solo gig here a few years ago but could be wrong

Supported in RDS in 06 on their comeback. The sun, opening with We Die Young....unreal. No headline shows post Layne though. Olympia would be perfect size, vicar Street if Aiken got them.

Tbh if they supported GNR I'd be more excited for AIC.

Recent photo of Slash at rehearsals..

14606298_1109088145806880_5156468577567543969_n.jpg?oh=a7a96d3d06395905208f269ee19beb8e&oe=58A9233F

What about Axl? Any of him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What about Axl? Any of him?
    I'd say axl being on the road with ac/dc is his main rehearsal vocally anyway. This year of 2016 so far has to be the most active year for axl in years, maybe since the illusions tour.

GNR charge crap loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$ to play there shows but would MCD have enough to get them here ???? i imagine they cost a lot more than they did in 2010 and 2012

If in Croke Park the prices could be like this

Standing could be anywhere between E95-E150
    Hogan and Cusack seating E120-E180
    Davin Stand seating E85-E120

GNR also do a VIP thing which will cost about E600

GNR charge crap loads of $$$$$$$$$$$$ to play there shows but would MCD have enough to get them here ???? i imagine they cost a lot more than they did in 2010 and 2012

If in Croke Park the prices could be like this

Standing could be anywhere between E95-E150
    Hogan and Cusack seating E120-E180
    Davin Stand seating E85-E120

GNR also do a VIP thing which will cost about E600

F@*k it, I'd pay that to see the 3 of them(Slash, Duff & Axl) sharing a stage again!!!

Wouldn't pay for a VIP package, mind you.....

Let the speculation commence

14681681_1215133401876310_9006412458702649559_n.jpg?oh=1d983e668db7cd4b75e2cee91d9c9213&oe=58AA096E

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Let the speculation commence

14681681_1215133401876310_9006412458702649559_n.jpg?oh=1d983e668db7cd4b75e2cee91d9c9213&oe=58AA096E

You go first!!! Lol

You go first!!! Lol

New album to be released Summer 2017

You go first!!! Lol

Asian/Oceanic tour dates early 2017
    Huge Euro tour June/July/Aug 2017
    American Arenas Oct/Nov/Dec 2017

possibly New Music, New Live Album/DVD

very doubtful but imagine a co headline euro tour with AC/DC (New primary vocalist, Axl does a few songs, New Bass player )and GNR. THAT WOULD BE HUGE

Asian/Oceanic tour dates early 2017
    Huge Euro tour June/July/Aug 2017
    American Arenas Oct/Nov/Dec 2017

possibly New Music, New Live Album/DVD

very doubtful but imagine a co headline euro tour with AC/DC (New primary vocalist, Axl does a few songs, New Bass player )and GNR. THAT WOULD BE HUGE

Re: the last bit; you must be on some serious drugs lol!!??

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New album to be released Summer 2017

Yeah and I'll become pope next year lithium.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Picked up a record in Tower Records today.

GNR live NYC Feb 2, 1998.

Doesn't seem to be official, it's not exactly glossy.

Never saw it before, only listened to few tunes so far. Love it.

Anyone else see this before?

Edit: this yoke

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-In-New-York-City-February-2-1988/release/7911954

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yeah and I'll become pope next year lithium.

Well look at it this way, we never thought we'd ever see Slash & Axl on the same stage ever again... So if they can put aside their differences, anything is possible, time to be positive about Guns N' Roses again :)
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Picked up a record in Tower Records today.

GNR live NYC Feb 2, 1998.

Doesn't seem to be official, it's not exactly glossy.

Never saw it before, only listened to few tunes so far. Love it.

Anyone else see this before?

Edit: this yoke

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Live-In-New-York-City-February-2-1988/release/7911954

That's their Ritz gig, arguably the original 5 at the peak of their powers, great show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

But how come it's on a record?

It's amazing, how come it's not smothered in GNR logos etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    But how come it's on a record?

It's amazing, how come it's not smothered in GNR logos etc?

In old fashioned terms it's a bootleg. Or as they say nowadays, it's an unauthorised release. Any amount of them around.

I remember when BBC2 broadcast that gig back in 1989. I recorded it of course and watched it so many times that I knew every stage movement, every intro backwards and upside down. So many classic moments. Probably my favourite part is after Axl stage dives during Paradise City and then watching the tug of war between security and the crowd as he tries to get back on stage!

It was pretty much the first time that I had seen or heard a GNR gig in any shape or form. That led me to start collecting as many bootlegs as I could get my hands on. I still have all the tapes as well as the Ritz gig on VHS. Golden memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Very lengthy article on Mr Stradlin on the LA Times website, sort of a Where Izzy Now? piece (sorry!). In the absence of anything else over the last while there's plenty to chew over with lots of rehashed quotes and vague testimonies from ex-Ju Ju Hounds and the like. And of course no new quotes from the man himself, with the author even going to so far as to leave a note for him in his letterbox ffs.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/wheres-izzy-searching-for-the-gnr-reunions-missing-person-7388840

Yer man on Nova(can't think of his name?) just said that there is a strong rumour that they are playing Croker next year!!!

Yer man on Nova(can't think of his name?) just said that there is a strong rumour that they are playing Croker next year!!!

could be getting the rumour from that list of dates posted on that ticket site and from GNR fansites etc

Its not a bad venue in fairness (sound was ok from sec 307 for Springsteen last may), views are good from all seats (the davin stand is not as far away as it looks) better than Slane imo (Is there actually going to be a slane concert next year ??)

Slane is outdated

Slane is outdated

lord Mountcharles and Sons would beg to differ but from stories we all heard over the last few years its a miracle somebody wasant hurt and the transport system there is chaotic

He never got ACDC after all the BS he was saying

but they could market the 25th Anniversary of the 1992 GNR show next year (Parents who where there in 1992 will bring there Kids/Grandkids in 2017 etc)

Hopefully its Croker. Discussing on another forum that the GNR could be either 2 dates

End of May 2017 (Same times as Bruce this year) as another rumour stated Dublin will be first date of the tour and May seems a realistic start date for the tour

Midweek July show before coldplay (8th July). The Leinster Hurling final is normally played in Croker on the first sunday in July

Next leg of the not in this lifetime world tour starts tomorrow night in Lima Peru.
    I hadn't realised that they had so many other dates added. Those South American shows will be unreal.

October 27th, 2016: Lima, Peru @ Estadio Monumental
    October 29th, 2016: Santiago, Chile @ Estadio Nacional Julio Martínez Prádanos
    November 1st, 2016: Rosario, Argentina @ Estadio Gigante de Arroyito
    November 4th, 2016: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ River Plate Stadium
    November 5th, 2016: Buenos Aires, Argentina @ River Plate Stadium
    November 8th, 2016: Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil @ Estádio Beira-Rio
    November 11th, 2016: São Paulo, SP, Brazil @ Allianz Parque
    November 12th, 2016: São Paulo, SP, Brazil @ Allianz Parque
    November 15th, 2016: Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil @ Estadio Nilton Santos-Engenhao
    November 17th, 2016: Curitiba, PR, Brazil @ Pedreira Paulo Leminski
    November 20th, 2016: Brasília, DF, Brazil @ Estádio Nacional de Brasília Mané Garrincha
    November 23rd, 2016: Medellín, Colombia @ Estadio Atanasio Girardot
    November 26th, 2016: San José, Costa Rica @ Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica
    November 29th, 2016: Ciudad de México, D.F., Mexico @ Palacio de los Deportes
    January 21st, 2017: Osaka, Japan @ Kyocera Dome
    January 28th, 2017: Saitama, Japan @ Saitama Super Arena
    January 29th, 2017: Saitama, Japan @ Saitama Super Arena
    February 2nd, 2017: Wellington, New Zealand @ Westpac Stadium
    February 4th, 2017: Auckland, New Zealand @ Western Springs Stadium
    February 7th, 2017: Brisbane, QLD, Australia @ QSAC Stadium
    February 10th, 2017: Sydney, NSW, Australia @ ANZ Stadium
    February 11th, 2017: Sydney, NSW, Australia @ ANZ Stadium
    February 14th, 2017: Melbourne, VIC, Australia @ Melbourne Cricket Ground
    February 18th, 2017: Adelaide, SA, Australia @ Adelaide Oval
    February 21st, 2017: Subiaco, WA, Australia @ Domain Stadium
    February 25th, 2017: Singapore, Singapore @ Changi Exhibition Centre
    February 28th, 2017: Bangkok, Thailand @ TBA
    March 3rd, 2017: Dubai, United Arab Emirates @ Autism Rocks Arena

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/791291234820259841

Well the lads are in Peru and they are now flying on a branded plane with the old logo on the side.

Advertisement