Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Separate threads for film & TV
    A knights tale got added a few days ago. I mean that pays for the subscription itself. Such a good film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Boxtrolls has been added to Netflix UK; not the best work by Laika Studios, and definitely not a patch on their latest, Kubo & the 2 Strings (side-note, seriously people go see that movie!), but still a funny, imaginative and endearingly gross film all the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

pixelburp wrote: »
    Boxtrolls has been added to Netflix UK; not the best work by Laika Studios, and definitely not a patch on their latest, Kubo & the 2 Strings (side-note, seriously people go see that movie!), but still a funny, imaginative and endearingly gross film all the same :)

I thought Kubo was amazing but I didn't like Boxtrolls at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Janis - Little Girl Blue

Must see for music fans. Very well put together documentary with some brilliant footage.

Holy Hell

Fascinating insight into the life of a cult. What a creepy mofo that dude is!! As others have mentioned, bizarre that he could have such control over so many seemingly smart, normal, attractive people.

Easy

Flew through the 8 episodes in a couple of nights. Nothing mind blowing, but a decent overview of various elements of relationships. Lots of naked and semi naked very hot folk too! Enjoyed the dialogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

scouttio wrote: »
    A knights tale got added a few days ago. I mean that pays for the subscription itself. Such a good film.

^ this one is funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lots of naked and semi naked very hot folk too! Enjoyed the dialogue.

Oh sure yeah, great dialogue

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know when the Amanda Knox documentary is going live?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone know when the Amanda Knox documentary is going live?

This Friday I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

watched striking distance last night good movie

but
    its one of those ones that pretty much would never happen with the tech we have these days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

People Just Do Nothing a cracking comedy series from the BBC has landed on Netflix Ireland. It's fantastic and you don't need a passport to watch it. :)

first 2 seasons btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Rjd2 wrote: »
    People Just Do Nothing a cracking comedy series from the BBC has landed on Netflix Ireland. It's fantastic and you don't need a passport to watch it. :)

first 2 seasons btw

That's cracking? It's pure ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Thought Audrie and Daisy was such an eye opener and so sad.
    I also watched The Galapagos Affair
    Crazy story about some Germans who moved to Floreana in the 30s to get away from it all but it all went horribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Bambi wrote: »
    That's cracking? It's pure ****e

Understandable reaction to be fair, that was my initial reaction when I first encountered it, but its funny enough once you get familiar with the characters. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cartel Land is a good documentary about two what are basically vigilante groups, one each side of the border, trying to do something about the Mexican drug cartels. Not that we need to be told further, but Mexico is a mess, and there's some astonishing footage and insights into the Mexican group.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Pans Labyrinth, simply an incredible watch. Waffle Street is alright too, easy watching.

I know it's the Film recommendations thread so I will make sure to whip myself after I finish this thread but I started watching Orphan Black two weeks ago and I've torn through the first three seasons already. Really enjoying it and Tatiana Maslany is absolutely brilliant in the main roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

I know it's the Film recommendations thread so I will make sure to whip myself after I finish this thread but I started watching Orphan Black two weeks ago and I've torn through the first three seasons already. Really enjoying it and Tatiana Maslany is absolutely brilliant in the main roles.

She's amazing alright. I found myself completely forgetting that it's the same actor playing all those parts after the first few episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

luke cage day

also amanda knox doc
    and the excellent 'freeks and geeks' tv show and the film 'victoria' added today

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Freaks & Geeks is always worth a rewatch! Had forgotten about Luke Cage, no internet in the house until next week :(

peteeeed wrote: »
    luke cage day

also amanda knox doc
    and the excellent 'freeks and geeks' tv show and the film 'victoria' added today

Freaks and Geeks! Excellent! Definitely getting another watch of that in over the next couple of weeks.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    She's amazing alright. I found myself completely forgetting that it's the same actor playing all those parts after the first few episodes.

I was shocked to find out she was Canadian. I really thought she was English because her Sarah accent was so convincing…

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I was shocked to find out she was Canadian. I really thought she was English because her Sarah accent was so convincing…

As good as Tatiana Maslany is I was even more surprised to find that Jordan Gavaris is Canadian although considering how many characters she's playing any giving episode have to give her more props.

Yea Freaks and Geeks is a great show and has one of the best opening themes up there with the Sopranos Cheers and Greatest American Hero.

As good as Tatiana Maslany is I was even more surprised to find that Jordan Gavaris is Canadian although considering how many characters she's playing any giving episode have to give her more props.

Ah go away with that. I never even bothered checking because of his accent. Jesus, he is great as Felix.

Is Peep Show just after being added?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is Peep Show just after being added?

I think they've just added more recent episodes.

Me gustaía si netflix tuviera más pelis de españa
    i watched the knox doc, went fast, decent watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Apparently black mirror original episodes are back on Netflix UK but I don't see them on ours. I thought Netflix UK and ireland got the same stuff?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Black Mirror is streaming again, I assume ahead of the new episodes coming later this month. Quality is up and down on them but there's some great ones in there.

New episodes of Bournistoun added too. Scottish comedy sketch show, again varying quality on the sketches but some are brilliant. On a similar theme Chewin' the Fat series 1 added. I haven't watched it for years but remember finding it hilarious when I was younger.

Rick and Morty season 1, as recommended by others previously.

Not much in the way of films today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Apparently black mirror original episodes are back on Netflix UK but I don't see them on ours. I thought Netflix UK and ireland got the same stuff?

It's on mine.

• Advertisement

Retribution or Desconocido is a good thriller.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement