Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

how do you find the xfx psu? have one myself and seems rock solid

These days components are so power friendly that if you're going Intel and Nvidia, anything beyond a half-decent 400W is plenty for even the most demanding systems. My own machine is an i7-6700 overclocked with a GTX1070 on a 430W psu and it's grand. Efficency is another question - obviously a 430w PSU drawing 300w isn't optimal efficency, but I don't think most people care about that once it's reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Siskods9

Both Titan XPs installed + EK SLI WC Bridge + EVGA SLI HB bridge and new black custom PSU cables from CableMod.
    I used EK Lime Green UV Coolant premix with some extra concentrate added to deepen the colour a bit.

20160907_150720_zpsjcacrjrc.jpg

20160907_150714_zpsflls9h0i.jpg

Leak test

20160904_004431_zpslntmljmb.jpg

Titan XP without the OEM air cooler - getting ready to install the EK blocks an backplates.

20160831_202127_zpslcqdw0xh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fitzgeme is that desk shelf for the tower off the shelf or something you whacked together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

ED E wrote: »
    fitzgeme is that desk shelf for the tower off the shelf or something you whacked together?

Nah IKEA, think its discontinued but its a nice metal cantilever arm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Offtopic discussion moved to a more appropriate venue. Can we now bring this thread back on track please?

sorry my fault :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Did a bit of upgrading to give my PC a refresh, without having to do an entirely new build.

GPU: SLI Palit GTX 770's > Single MSI Gaming X 1080

RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair XMS3 1600 > 16GB (2x8)Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400

Cooler: Corsair H80i > Corsair H110i GTX

Case: Corsair 300R Window (Black) > Corsair Air 540 (Silver)

OS SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Series > 1TB Samsung 850 Evo

Main Monitor: BenQ GL2450 24" 1920x1080 @ 60Hz TN Panel > Asus Predator XB270HU 27" 2560x1440p @ 144Hz with G-Sync IPS (secondary monitor HP 23xi 1920x1080 @ 60Hz IPS)

Case and Radiator Fans: Corsair AF/SP series 140mm > Corsair ML Pro LED 140mm

Chair: IKEA Malkolm > Dxracer Iron series :cool:

Starting Point
    u0qZGkm.jpg

New GPU
    v2cw1jS.jpg

Ready for transplant
    2zYywVL.jpg

Prepping CPU for new cooler
    bQNb7mT.jpg

Cooler & GPU in
    saAd2V8.jpg

Front of new case with NZXT Sentry 3 fan controller
    tUdHny9.jpg

Window side
    T7hWpeO.jpg

Added LEDs because why not?
    sIsnaNA.jpg

The new throne
    QdKvyWK.jpg

All done and (literally) dusted
    hTZ9wQO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Final shot with the lights on? Interested in seeing how all those monitors are set up!

Also, X52 Pro win. :P

Serephucus wrote: »
    Final shot with the lights on? Interested in seeing how all those monitors are set up!

Also, X52 Pro win. :P

Ts9GmU2.jpg

Second monitor is on a shelf on the desk and TV on a table on the far left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Ah cool. Wasn't sure from the first picture. Thought you might have wall mounted the centre one or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

@Simon - great setup, quick question: I have the same DXRacer chair, do you find the head rest pillow is very easy to knock off? Have you come up with a solution? Other than that I find it great. I see some of the other models have a hole where you can mount the pillow to stop it from shooting off.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    @Simon - great setup, quick question: I have the same DXRacer chair, do you find the head rest pillow is very easy to knock off? Have you come up with a solution? Other than that I find it great. I see some of the other models have a hole where you can mount the pillow to stop it from shooting off.

It hasn't fallen off yet. This chair does have a hole in the headrest that the strap is put through and a plastic clip holds it from the back.

It hasn't fallen off yet. This chair does have a hole in the headrest that the strap is put through and a plastic clip holds it from the back.

Oh must be slightly different to mine then. I dont have any holes in the headrest. The pillow is held on by an elasticated band that goes around the headrest, but because of the shape of the headrest it is inclined to slip up the headrest and pop off, which is a little annoying.

Oh must be slightly different to mine then. I dont have any holes in the headrest. The pillow is held on by an elasticated band that goes around the headrest, but because of the shape of the headrest it is inclined to slip up the headrest and pop off, which is a little annoying.

I thought all Iron series ones had it. Are you sure yours isn't a Max or a Wide series?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

@ Simon - love the case, really want to transplant mine at some stage, but may as well wait til I've a new CPU / Mobo to make it worthwhile!

What's the joystick combo you have? Is that mainly for serious flight sims?

Shlippery wrote: »
    @ Simon - love the case, really want to transplant mine at some stage, but may as well wait til I've a new CPU / Mobo to make it worthwhile!

What's the joystick combo you have? Is that mainly for serious flight sims?

The joystick is the Saitek X52 Pro. I use it mainly for Flight Simulator X and Aerofly FS 2 as it has full Rift support. It can be used for any flight sim. Has all the controls and buttons you need for a realistic one but can be used for arcade ones too, but it's not the cheapest option in that regard.

The main reason for the case change was I wanted to get a higher OC on the CPU to keep up with the 1080. Temps were getting too high for my liking but nothing bigger than the H80i would fit in the previous case. My personal preference is AIO rather than air coolers. I also just really like the look of the Air 540. Be warned though if space is tight, it is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Get some velcro strips and sew it into the chair and the cushion, putting the loops on the chair. That or on the maxnomic chairs, the headrest cushion has this strip of friction material which keeps it in place. I have no idea what it is, but it's kinda smooth, but won't move on the pleather.

I thought all Iron series ones had it. Are you sure yours isn't a Max or a Wide series?

I'm not too sure to be honest, it's this one: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0056YMB2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XXFMVY

So uhh... I don't think I need to upgrade anything for a while.

• Advertisement

that monitor looks sweet, 240hz refresh!

that monitor looks sweet, 240hz refresh!

I think it still boils down to 120Hz effectively. Some quirk of VA allows marketing to double it. I am recalling this from memory so i may be incorrect. Still a very nice screen though!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Need to get some LED's for my own PC... any recommendations??

Turbo 240 involves doubling the frames of the input signal (replicating each frame) and then blinking the backlight off and on in sync with these new frames like an impulse-type display. This should help reduce perceived motion blur much like the LightBoost backlight strobing does on TN Film screens.

So ULMB with a doubling up of frames. Works very well from the review! http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/eizo_fg2421.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Xenoronin wrote: »
    So ULMB with a doubling up of frames. Works very well from the review! http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/eizo_fg2421.htm

Yup.

The ONLY thing wrong with my one is that it will randomly disconnect - around once every 5-7 days, and only for 5-10 seconds.

It's nothing too annoying, though it seems to crash whatever game I'm playing at the time.
    CBA going back to eBay seller though, since it works 99.9% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Never got round to adding pics of my recent rebuild so here goes. Some crappy camera work but there you go! Its a red and black theme but the lights look orange in the photos for some reason.

2016-06-20%2016.12.44.jpg

2016-06-20%2018.33.20-1.jpg

2016-06-20%2018.36.47.jpg

2016-06-20%2018.58.46.jpg

2016-06-20%2018.58.50.jpg

2016-06-20%2021.21.11.jpg

2016-09-14%2020.43.54.jpg

2016-09-14%2020.44.53.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lovely looking build, OH is mad for a H440 so I'll have to show her how it looks with a bit of sexy lighting going on.

I can't wait to get my own house and just set up a battlestation room. Renting sucks.

I love the lights behind the monitor, anyone know how it looks with white leds, or does that just brighten it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Lovely looking build, OH is mad for a H440 so I'll have to show her how it looks with a bit of sexy lighting going on.

I can't wait to get my own house and just set up a battlestation room. Renting sucks.

I love the lights behind the monitor, anyone know how it looks with white leds, or does that just brighten it?

My LED's do a few colours so I can give you an idea. This is supposed to be white but its not as great effort as they combine colours to make white rather than have a dedicated white led. So it looks blue!

2016-09-14%2022.18.25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Recurve360

Some pics of my work in progress. Case is a Corsair Carbide 300r, resprayed in white. PSU shroud and extra large side panel window still to be finished so can add more images once all finished. Lighting is a full RGB strip with remote.

14344115_966434340152967_7372222082914477221_n_zpsuztjipik.jpg
    14354917_966434400152961_8869487846052482335_n_zpssbeg0z0v.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Siskods9

I use this LED strip for the edge of the desk
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-colour-78-7in-Background-Lighting-Gerneric/dp/B00KAP7JMM/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0000SXDQ01A2J2MNBF3R

And this one for behind the monitor
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-colour-19-7in-Background-Lighting-Gerneric/dp/B00KAOZI1C/ref=sr_1_7/276-1649694-3234410?ie=UTF8&qid=1437830473&sr=8-7&keywords=led+strip

They are just different sizes of the same product, both offer a wide spectrum of colour choices, light intensity and flashing, pulsating, breathing effects.

Not very expensive and produce a nice look

IMG_0006_zpsksyovgnl.jpg

Advertisement