Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Thread - v 2.0 **Please read post no 1 before posting**

Options
  • 02-10-2014 9:11pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055091114

Welcome to the new home of the Ray D'Arcy show discussion. :)

I just copy pasta the old poll.

Moderator warnings from old thread apply:
    Mod Note:

There is no reason to discuss the presenters personal life here. This thread is to do with the Radio Show itself and not the private life of Ray D'Arcy. Anyone found to be dragging threads off topic will incur at least a ban for 24 hours

Splinter

Mod Note 2:
    What this thread is about; it's to talk about the show but if all people are willing to provide is a bucket of bile and a mob opinion of negativity I'd suggest that they are in the wrong place because this is not 4Chan...

Nody

Mod Note 3:
    Right; lets drop the question of Childcare/entitlement etc. for now and get back to the topic at hand; Ray's radio show (I'm aware it's a spin off from the interview but it's going a bit too much off topic). When it comes back we can start it all over again (and if you wish to continue the argument I strongly recommend the Irish Economy forum)

Mod note 4:
    With the news of Ray's departure from Today FM please keep the thread discussion civil. This thread will close once Ray takes up his new slot on RTE Radio 1.

Nody

Ray Darcy - The Verdict. Have YOUR say! 363 votes

Get off the air. Your time has passed!
    0% 0 votes
    Still love you Ray!
    82% 299 votes
    Havn't noticed a change over time
    14% 51 votes
    Still listen but the show needs a good shake-up... get the finger out Ray!
    3% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Vote cast and we're off, look at all this space for activities ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Link to old thread in first post?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Link to old thread in first post?
    Alakazam!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Vote cast and we're off up and running, look at all this space for activities ;-)

FYP..... Do you see what i did there, you see you see......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

This thread smells funny. :(

Hey hulla, any chance you'd get one of Mark 00's old posts and copy it in as the OP? Seeing "The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread" with your username under it in my CP just won't look right. :P

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    FYP..... Do you see what i did there, you see you see......

Aaaaaaaah I do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Nice and airy in here... until tomorrow's show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Also, I know the old poll was just copied and pasted, but I think there should be an option like; "Still listen but the show needs a good shake-up... get the finger out Ray!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

And I was only 1000 out in my sums....and didn't get banned!

Still love ya Ray!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Brendão wrote: »
    Also, I know the old poll was just copied and pasted, but I think there should be an option like; "Still listen but the show needs a good shake-up... get the finger out Ray!"
    Done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Can you put " still listen needs a good shake up and KNOCK OFF THE RUNNING TALK! Into the choices to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

This is already so much better than the old one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

In light of the new thread I decided to tune back in this morning. If there isn't a celebrity chef, comedian, singer song-writer, running, cancer story and "my kids did this, that & the other" talk then I will be very disappointed with you hullaballoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

See this current segment is why the cult of darcy is alive and well. Some bint is in Australia at a friends wedding and is surprising her by putting her on the phone to Darcy. On her wedding day. Oh the magic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I think the people who voted "Get off the air" should be obliged to suggest a presenter who they think would be better. While some of his stand-ins can be decent, I'd only want them in small doses. So I can't think of anyone except possibly Sean Moncrieff. Dunno.

So, I haven't voted yet - casting this vote will be a huge moment in my life and has to be considered seriously as it will probably be another 7 years before I can vote again. A bit like the presidency! :D

But I'll probably go with "Still listen but the show needs a good shake-up... get the finger out Ray"!

D'arcy just read out an "irate" text (not sure what if was about) and said "we should do a show full of irate texts", To which Will responded "We Are".

I bet ye are Will.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Facetime on the radio.

Yep, that will work well.

I tuned out at 10.30 when some teacher came on to play an uplifting song. Apparently she rang in yesterday and some poll was arranged which included, surprise, surprise, Paolo Nutini!!

I tried but just couldn't stick it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

BPKS wrote: »
    In light of the new thread I decided to tune back in this morning. If there isn't a celebrity chef, comedian, singer song-writer, running, cancer story and "my kids did this, that & the other" talk then I will be very disappointed with you hullaballoo.

you forgot the 'stop, stop, eject'. Just happened.

"Stop, stop. I dont want that, where's that song gone. Oh there it is. hopefully this works, there we go."

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Started a thread there for possible replacements. Might be fun, might die on its arse, who knows? :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057301412#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 galwaynewbie

Ray has had his time. When I listen, it seems like he isn't even interested in the show himself. The sighing and moaning is getting worse from him. When Alison Curtis presented it in August, I thought she was brilliant. Very interesting to listen to, can interview an array of guests (and she lets them talk,) plays great music. I think Will even preferred her; the playlist he created each week was brilliant. In summary, Curtis is an all rounder, who is more than capable of the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Mairead is on The Saturday Night Show tonight. Wonder will she spill some beans.

Mairead is on The Saturday Night Show tonight. Wonder will she spill some beans.

Not a hope.jenny and herself are good friends aren't they?

Just looking at the winners of the PPI awards, Today FM won station of the year but I don't think Ray won anything this year, in the photo he's front and centre and as the big draw in the station that's probably only right. Anyway looking at that photo got me wondering how Ray is perceived by his colleagues and workmates. I just wonder does he switch off the preachy health food, raise your kids my way stuff when he turns off the microphone or is he a bit happier when around the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Just looking at the winners of the PPI awards, Today FM won station of the year but I don't think Ray won anything this year, in the photo he's front and centre and as the big draw in the station that's probably only right. Anyway looking at that photo got me wondering how Ray is perceived by his colleagues and workmates. I just wonder does he switch off the preachy health food, raise your kids my way stuff when he turns off the microphone or is he a bit happier when around the office.

I'm not 100% sure but i think there was some animosity between him and Ray Foley. He doesn't strike me as the type pf guy who'd be very friendly with fun guys like Ian Dempsey or Tony Fenton either. There does be banter between a lot of DJ's on the station before they hand over to the next guy but there's no fun and frolics between Raymond and anyone else.

redbuck wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure but i think there was some animosity between him and Ray Foley. He doesn't strike me as the type pf guy who'd be very friendly with fun guys like Ian Dempsey or Tony Fenton either. There does be banter between a lot of DJ's on the station before they hand over to the next guy but there's no fun and frolics between Raymond and anyone else.

Yeah it's very like that apart from the awkward forced chat with the news reader after the nine o clock news

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

Yeah it's very like that apart from the awkward forced chat with the news reader after the nine o clock news

I hate him. Plain and simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Ray has had his time. When I listen, it seems like he isn't even interested in the show himself. The sighing and moaning is getting worse from him. When Alison Curtis presented it in August, I thought she was brilliant. Very interesting to listen to, can interview an array of guests (and she lets them talk,) plays great music. I think Will even preferred her; the playlist he created each week was brilliant. In summary, Curtis is an all rounder, who is more than capable of the job.

I like Ray and his show but I do think he is a frustrated t.v. presenter who's had to make do with radio where as Alison wants to be on radio. Therein lies the difference and it shows.

Jesus go easy.

//MOD

Yes, you have found our secret identity; we're all actually Ray sock puppeting the mod accounts to hide the fact he's controlling us all; better run for the hills!

Nody

//MOD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

jaysus don't beat around the bush anyway..ha ha..
    Love Hate ****e talk for the day I can imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement