Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Ryder Cup 2014 Thread - No betting talk

Options
  • 22-09-2014 3:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ryder.gif

The US team has arrived so I think it's about time we had the official thread :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

@rydercupEUROPE: The range can be a lonely place on Monday :)

ByIeG75CEAA5PsS.jpg

Lovely looking range though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

rrpc wrote: »

ByIeG75CEAA5PsS.jpg

not even a caddy around to keep him company :)

ByJTuB4IYAAwmPL.jpg
    @westwoodlee: Could he be any cooler???!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

rrpc wrote: »

ByIeG75CEAA5PsS.jpg

Am I right in thinking that is the first hole on the King's course?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just want to refresh the memories of a few points from the charter just in case, don't want anyone new or old getting in trouble!

Copyrighted materials
    Anyone posting links to any streams (or other forms) that provide copyrighted material will be banned immediately for 6 months without warning. Same goes for anyone requesting a stream.
    If you are looking for a legal stream then clearly state this in your post or you will get a ban.
    See here for boards.ie guidelines.

Betting
    Could all betting / gambling talk be kept in the Gambling Mega Thread found here please.
    Do no make posts that are purely around betting/odds in any thread other than the gambling thread above.
    Likewise do not make non betting related posts in the betting thread.
    Its fine to make a comment on a bet you had on someone etc but this must not be the main purpose of your post.
    Blatant attempts to ignore or circumvent this rule will result in a 1 month ban.
    Under no circumstances should any poster offer a bet to any other poster. Immediate 1 month ban will result.
    Warning will be given at the moderators discretion.

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Just want to refresh the memories of a few points from the charter just in case, don't want anyone new or old getting in trouble!

Copyrighted materials
    Anyone posting links to any streams (or other forms) that provide copyrighted material will be banned immediately for 6 months without warning. Same goes for anyone requesting a stream.
    If you are looking for a legal stream then clearly state this in your post or you will get a ban.
    See here for boards.ie guidelines.

Betting
    Could all betting / gambling talk be kept in the Gambling Mega Thread found here please.
    Do no make posts that are purely around betting/odds in any thread other than the gambling thread above.
    Likewise do not make non betting related posts in the betting thread.
    Its fine to make a comment on a bet you had on someone etc but this must not be the main purpose of your post.
    Blatant attempts to ignore or circumvent this rule will result in a 1 month ban.
    Under no circumstances should any poster offer a bet to any other poster. Immediate 1 month ban will result.
    Warning will be given at the moderators discretion.

I Bet you someone doesn't read this and ends up banned :rolleyes:

Actually in all seriousness, there are a few threads going already, so might do no harm to merge them all into this one Charlie and keep things together?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

stevieob wrote: »
    Actually in all seriousness, there are a few threads going already, so might do no harm to merge them all into this one Charlie and keep things together?

I was thinking that alright, gonna close off the other ones and just use this one. Also going to sticky it for the week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

Heading over to Glasgow on Wednesday and have train tickets sorted for Friday & Saturday didn't bother booking Thursday thinking it wouldn't be that busy, mistake, now it seems everything is booked. Anyone know of any options I might have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Just watched the Ian Poulter program on Sky Sports Ryder Cup, fantastic and would really get the adrenalin flowing! He is a one man Ryder Cup army. Cannot wait for 7am Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Ridiculously excited for this

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Just watched the Ian Poulter program on Sky Sports Ryder Cup, fantastic and would really get the adrenalin flowing! He is a one man Ryder Cup army. Cannot wait for 7am Friday!

What a warrior he is, fantastic character.
    I just hope him coming in here in terrible form doesn't have an effect on him.
    I am expecting Dubuisson to put in some great displays, he seems to be made for the Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    What a warrior he is, fantastic character.
    I just hope him coming in here in terrible form doesn't have an effect on him.
    I am expecting Dubuisson to put in some great displays, he seems to be made for the Ryder Cup.

I wouldnt worry about Poulter. He's had 3 good weeks of practice according to himself so I'm sure he'll be game ball. Dubuisson is a great match player, going by his performance in the WGC match play last season. Some of his scrambling play was incredible. I'm absolutely psyched for Friday morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was watching the golf channel earlier were they previewed the Ryder Cup from an American perspective. Lots of the talk was about statistics, ability, partnerships, now I'm watching the preview from the euro perspective and it's all about the history of the cups, pride and passion for representing Europe, think it pretty much sums up the difference in both teams.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Rickie gone a bit too far methinks.

ByFmDzPCEAEpTbM.jpg:large

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Nah I love it!

It's brilliant what Rickie did, shows his love for his country and passion for the game, adds a little bit of spice in the lead up to Friday too and shows America's confidence.. All good.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Can't wait for this! I think it's setting up to be a great match.

My only concern is that McGinley is reminding me a bit Pavin....hope I'm wrong!!

Oh yeah and of course the one weekend every two years that I love Poulter!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well jealous! Wish I had the hairline to do something similar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i have friday off from college :D so bring it on:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Sneaky sky go in the office seems like the job. :)

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i have friday off from college :D so bring it on:D:D:D:D
    Rikand wrote: »
    Sneaky sky go in the office seems like the job. :)

hmm, sky go wasn't working for me today when i tried it.. might just have to record at home, go in for a few hours with no radio on, don't talk to anyone and sneak off at lunchtime to stat the day all alone in front of the tele

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Friday booked as a holiday weeks ago!!

Well worth it too.....although the mrs may have a different opinion on that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,182 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Friday booked off as well as Monday, just like the last one. None of this missing a day lark! Monday is hopefully a FIFA day though after celebration!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

PropJoe10 wrote: »

Almost half (47%) of those voting had Poulter's performance in 2012 as their favourite Ryder Cup memory in this BBC poll. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/29145578

Am I the only one that thinks the USA have quite a big chance this weekend?
    Take Poulter, McIlroy, Donaldson and maybe Kaymer aside, big question marks over the remainder of the field for me.
    The Europeans are expected to win this, which mounts big pressure on them.

abff wrote: »
    Almost half (47%) of those voting had Poulter's performance in 2012 as their favourite Ryder Cup memory in this BBC poll. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/29145578
    Poulter: "You know what, these might be my majors. If they are, that's fine. If this is it, I'm a happy man. I've got more pride and passion to give in the Ryder Cup than I feel to win a major."

What a man!

Interesting that McIlroy and Mcdowell are not practising together today, normally a sign they might not be playing together.
    G-Mac went on record saying that his and Rory's relationship isn't as good as it once was, due to Rory suing his management company.
    Could also be tactics by McGinley though :-) So exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭abff

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Interesting that McIlroy and Mcdowell are not practising together today, normally a sign they might not be playing together.
    G-Mac went on record saying that his and Rory's relationship isn't as good as it once was, due to Rory suing his management company.
    Could also be tactics by McGinley though :-) So exciting.

I think McDowell has also left Horizon, so this presumably makes things a bit less awkward.

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    I think McDowell has also left Horizon, so this presumably makes things a bit less awkward.

That's true, he is leaving them at the end of this year.

Advertisement