Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying revelation about Boards

Options
  • 24-08-2014 9:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭

I was browsing “le Reddit” when I came across this comment from a user who claims to be an ex-Boards mod.
    Boards has a private mods forum where mods often discuss users they don’t like and how to set them up and ban them

I guess it’s expected that mods will have their “pet posters” who will agree with everything they say…it’s natural to like some people more than others. But it’s shocking that mods conspire to get rid of dissenting posters…a bit like how Stalin erased his murdered rivals from photographs and pretended they never existed. Very ominous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

IB4TL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

downvoted for not using imgur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The mods used chem trails to cause 9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

That's you finished so.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

* adds truffle5 to "the list".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Lol

We don't care enough about the minions in our ivory towers.

As if.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Interesting. What's the link to the whole thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Oh!

Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

* wanders off to start a thread

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭truffle5

Interesting. What's the link to the whole thread?

It's at the top of the image link in my op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

As an ex-mod who had access to that forum that is complete and utter bull****. If any mod tried to do something like that on boards they would be demodded rapidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

truffle5 wrote: »
    I was browsing “le Reddit” when I came across this comment from a user who claims to be an ex-Boards mod.

I guess it’s expected that mods will have their “pet posters” who will agree with everything they say…it’s natural to like some people more than others. But it’s shocking that mods conspire to get rid of dissenting posters…a bit like how Stalin erased his murdered rivals from photographs and pretended they never existed. Very ominous.

As an ex-mod I can tell you that the only truth in the above is that there is a mod forum, the rest is BS.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mike_ie wrote: »
    * adds truffle5 to "the list".

Motion seconded!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭truffle5

Can any mods (current or ex) confirm or deny that a private mod forum exists?
    If so, what is ti's purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Must increase my mod "thank rate".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

gandalf wrote: »
    As an ex-mod who had access to that forum that is complete and utter bull****. If any mod tried to do something like that on boards they would be demodded rapidly.
    And you're an ex-mod you say?
    Demodded were you? :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Anyone fancy a pint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Funny how so many mods have posted in this thread already...

Illuminati...

truffle5 wrote: »
    Can any mods (current or ex) confirm or deny that a private mod forum exists?

Yes

To discuss moderation issues like how to use moderation tools, to look for support and queries.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Wouldn't it be stranger if the moderators didn't talk to each other privately?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

gandalf wrote: »
    TheZohan wrote: »
    As an ex-mod I can tell you that the only truth in the above is that there is a mod forum, the rest is BS.

They make ye say that don't they? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

...and they all sit in black leather chairs stroking white cats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It's all true OP. There's also a secret mod forum called "Heaven & Hell" where mods decide who goes where in the afterlife.

Drives the A&A mods mad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

If be more worried if there wasn't a private mod forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Yes

To discuss moderation issues like how to use moderation tools, to look for support and queries.

You would say that though

...and they all sit in black leather chairs stroking white cats.

wait a sec ...did you get access to the mods private images forum

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I'd be more worried if there wasn't a private mod forum.

You would say that though

Yep

I just did say that

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It was hardly a secret that there was a mods forum in fairness

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

OP, I suggest you immediately ring the UN Secretary General, President Obama and President Higgins in that particular order to make a joint statement on TV3 and CNN to announce that the world had stopped turning.

Advertisement