Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

milking parlours

Options
  • 10-06-2014 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

well, putting in new parlour have looked at dairymaster and de laval just looking for feedback, anyone have experiance of one or both?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭visatorro

Go with best break down services. And handiness to get bits. Hopefully that'll be Delaval!! There's a couple of other makes in business so don't be afraid to get plenty of quotes and work them off each other

• Registered Users Posts: 13 alco16

visatorro wrote: »
    Go with best break down services. And handiness to get bits. Hopefully that'll be Delaval!! There's a couple of other makes in business so don't be afraid to get plenty of quotes and work them off each other

yeah deffo plan to look at more moving out of old parlour and starting from scratch so price of build has to be considered to, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I serviced in the industry for years and can honestly say DeLaval have always had the edge in a better machine that will last and be serviceable in years to come.
    Dairymaster would be a close second. Everything else is way behind both of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Viewtodiefor

_Brian wrote: »
    I serviced in the industry for years and can honestly say DeLaval have always had the edge in a better machine that will last and be serviceable in years to come.
    Dairymaster would be a close second. Everything else is way behind both of these.

I Totally disagree with you. There are just as giood if not better makes out there. Don't believe the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 11,074 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Would put full wood and Gea light years ahead of dairy master ,can't comment on delaval.dairymaster gas too much plastic parts and 4*o pulsation which leads to scc issues

• Advertisement

I suppose people are divided just as much as car brand loyalty in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

I suppose people are divided just as much as car brand loyalty in this one.

Worked in two delavals. Don't like them. Wiring too messy and stuff all over the place. Fullwood or dairy master put in nice tidy wiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Would put full wood and Gea light years ahead of dairy master ,can't comment on delaval.dairymaster gas too much plastic parts and 4*o pulsation which leads to scc issues
    A few Dairymaster plants round me have had bad problems with with scc and replaced the pulsation with Delaval.

The ONLY plant Dairymaster want to sell is direct to line with 4x0 pulsation which makes it easier for their servicemen to service the plant and they can keep less parts in their vans.

If the OP wants any other spec parlour than that he should go with another brand. 6 months negotiating with them and they still only gave me the price of 4x0 direct to line. Only when i went to Delaval did they give me a price for what i wanted.

OP, have you decided how many units you are hoping to put in, the length of the spaces (2'2", 2'3", 2'6"), how automated you want the plant etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

my parlour is a mix of a few makes, works for me and service man available 24/7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 save_me_some

dont know what their like today but the parlour i grew up with in the early nineties had fullwood clawpieces and they were more complicated than a nuclear reactor , so many pieces , took five mins to open and put back together

i would put dairymaster way ahead of fullwood but de leval ahead of dairymaster , dairymaster appears to be dominant today in terms of market share

• Advertisement

Worked in two delavals. Don't like them. Wiring too messy and stuff all over the place. Fullwood or dairy master put in nice tidy wiring

That's just down to installations done. Mine were top notch ;).
    And I was rating based on reliability and serviceability.

whelan2 wrote: »
    my parlour is a mix of a few makes, works for me and service man available 24/7.

Having the serviceman there when needed is a huge thing. I remember being out on a Christmas Eve at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

whelan2 wrote: »
    Hybrid, mines the same. Is the 4x0 pulsation where you have only one air tube? I thought that was supposed to be better than 2x2 pulsation.

4x0 Vs 2x2 is another touchy subject.

Less cow health problems with 2x2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭atlantic mist

would agree with my preference to gea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

For me make unimportant, I buy from closest dealer with best backup. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Surely the price is important also. I've got afew quotes from different manufactures, all for a basic spec 10unit that I can upgrade afterwards. The prices ranged from 25k for a Gascoigne to 41k for a GEA. I've yet to price up delaval or dairymaster, however I've heard the dairymaster will be closer to the 40k.

Timmaay wrote: »
    Surely the price is important also. I've got afew quotes from different manufactures, all for a basic spec 10unit that I can upgrade afterwards. The prices ranged from 25k for a Gascoigne to 41k for a GEA. I've yet to price up delaval or dairymaster, however I've heard the dairymaster will be closer to the 40k.

I dunno now tbh. Friend of mine is putting in a 16 unit and he said dairy master bet the socks off fullwood for price

Dairymaster will beat anyone on price and in doing so will put in sub standard plastic joiners etc to compensate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

We went for delaval here but would have probable gone with fullwood if the service man was closer, but in saying that we are very happy with delaval and would def recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭cjpm

Dairymaster will beat anyone on price and in doing so will put in sub standard plastic joiners etc to compensate .

Have plastic joiners on our Dairymaster. Since day one. Installed in 1988. No problems with SCC either.

There is a local parlour fitter here. Spends his time giving out about Dairymaster, I'm not sure what make he installs. He put in a 14 unit recently and now the farmer is spending €200 a day on mastitis meds. He's fairly quiet about that machine. Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Dairymaster start off with a mad price... Then when the pressure comes on.. Ned will give a call to you and watch the way he gets a slash hook to the price. I've first hand experience:)

Dairymaster start off with a mad price... Then when the pressure comes on.. Ned will give a call to you and watch the way he gets a slash hook to the price. I've first hand experience:)

So have I ,price dorps and big ones at that just to try and show dairymaster is king which it in no way is.the price drops but so dose quality of materials

5live wrote: »
    A few Dairymaster plants round me have had bad problems with with scc and replaced the pulsation with Delaval.

The ONLY plant Dairymaster want to sell is direct to line with 4x0 pulsation which makes it easier for their servicemen to service the plant and they can keep less parts in their vans.

If the OP wants any other spec parlour than that he should go with another brand. 6 months negotiating with them and they still only gave me the price of 4x0 direct to line. Only when i went to Delaval did they give me a price for what i wanted.

OP, have you decided how many units you are hoping to put in, the length of the spaces (2'2", 2'3", 2'6"), how automated you want the plant etc?
    building for 20 units 14 working units to start 2'3 centres manual bailing putting in swing arm but no acr yet

i have priced a basic enough dairymaster which can be easily upgraded plus a few extras for well under 4k a unit

alco16 wrote: »
    i have priced a basic enough dairymaster which can be easily upgraded plus a few extras for well under 4k a unit

Basic? My fullwood is coming in at 2,400 a unit. That has swing over arms and dumpline and low line wash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

dairy master, delaval, fullwood, gea ect ect they all work on the same principle and i can guarantee ya there is top notch herds being milked in each of them with no problems went from a old "alfa la valve" with 2x2 pulse to a dairy master 4x0 pulse and honestly could see no difference, the big thing and its being said before is back up and there will come a time when you need it so better the local well stocked guy who will be there for ya.

Basic? My fullwood is coming in at 2,400 a unit. That has swing over arms and dumpline and low line wash
    mine is a brand new bulid price also includes feeders

alco16 wrote: »
    mine is a brand new bulid price also includes feeders

Mines still coming in at 3500 and feeders are all ready to go for feed to held if I ever want to set it up

• Advertisement

loveta wrote: »
    dairy master, delaval, fullwood, gea ect ect they all work on the same principle and i can guarantee ya there is top notch herds being milked in each of them with no problems went from a old "alfa la valve" with 2x2 pulse to a dairy master 4x0 pulse and honestly could see no difference, the big thing and its being said before is back up and there will come a time when you need it so better the local well stocked guy who will be there for ya.
    you are happy enough with the parlour though?

Advertisement