Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Perth 382Euro Return

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Did anyone ever use this site before. I know i have used expedia but the irish version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I've got bargains before on the Japanese version of the Delta website...it's not unusual for a foreign version of a well known site to have bargain/error fares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Greg81

noodles55 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever use this site before. I know i have used expedia but the irish version

I only used US Expedia site before and everything was OK.

Booked flights for November about an hour ago, we'll see how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks OP, just booked the trip home for Xmas to Mel - €442 rtn! Lets see if they honour it now

• Advertisement

Lol, just had a phone call fro Permanent TSB card security deot checking if the transacatin was legit. That's what i call efficent mointoring of accounts (and the first good thing i have had to say about them since switching in Jan)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

OMG that is so cheap for OZ return........but wait till you see the true cost after the Bank has converted the Reals into Euros :(

London to Australia return is about €100 dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Wow. That's an amazing price!!

okidoki987 wrote: »
    OMG that is so cheap for OZ return........but wait till you see the true cost after the Bank has converted the Reals into Euros :(

It's still going to be cheap(er). I flew to MEL - DUB rtn on pretty much exactly the same dates last year and it was about 780euro rtn so even with the exchange rate I've still saved about 300euro.

According to my AIB account I was charged €382.59 total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

That would almost precisely translate into the Air Passenger Duty from the UK which is I think circa £75 for Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Just a guess without checking but would these flights by any chance be with Malaysian Airlines?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

kn wrote: »
    Just a guess without checking but would these flights by any chance be with Malaysian Airlines?
    No. Emirates..and the A380 no less on some sectors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

€360 dearer for a sample flight on .ie site. Trying to talk myself out of this. Damn you BA!!

You can select your seats online using qantas.com.au manage my booking.

Also if your stopover in Dubai is more than 8hrs you can book the 'Dubai connect' to get a hotel room. You also do this through manage my booking.

Feeling a compelling random need to go to Australia in the winter...damn you...no damn work, that's my busy time so would never get the time off..but I so want to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Will have to look into this in detail. Sudden urge to go to Perth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The bargain is very tempting. Is there a way to view the Brazilian site in the English language?

If you use google chrome it will give you the option to translate.

It's pretty easy to work out though in porteguese...i don't speak it at all and had no difficulties with making the booking, choosing flights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I assume this is a mistake? And will they honour the flights if they made the error?
    I have heard of one way flights on lesser airlines double this price!
    Seems to good to be true?

• Advertisement

Airlines do tend to honour error fares. Certainly the one we booked on the Japanese Delta site had a decimal in the wrong place but they honoured it

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Alias G

If it is an error fare, would it not have been corrected by now. I would have thought that the increased interest in certain flights would have raised a red flag fairly quickly.

Alias G wrote: »
    If it is an error fare, would it not have been corrected by now. I would have thought that the increased interest in certain flights would have raised a red flag fairly quickly.

It depends on the timezone...if it's night-time there before the flag is raised then you're fairly safe. That's what happened us.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Alias G

I have booked myself, my partner and our infant for about 830 euro total. I would have thought a single adult return fare would be more than that. Haven't been in touch with my brother in Perth so hopefully himself and his family aren't already busy on those dates. But great value in any event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Haven't been in touch with my brother in Perth so hopefully himself and his family aren't already busy on those dates.

Let's hope he hasn't used it over there to book the reverse flights to Dublin at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 noodles55

Thanks for the heads up. Just booked for sept. Cant wait now I would just about get to spain for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Wow, brilliant price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Alias G wrote: »
    I have booked myself, my partner and our infant for about 830 euro total. I would have thought a single adult return fare would be more than that. Haven't been in touch with my brother in Perth so hopefully himself and his family aren't already busy on those dates. But great value in any event.

What dates did you get that fare for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

never been to Australia, although have always planned on going sometime. Had a look at Perth on the internet. Jaysus its miles from every where, (and yes I know Australia is big) seemly its the most isolated city in the world. That apart if someone was going to Australia for the first time is the Perth the place to go?

Advertisement