Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

UK service was never intended for use here. I think they are more than compensating people for switching. But yes, it'll be more expensive if you stick with the service after the 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Got the email too. Always use a smartdns, so wondering what gave us away!
    Also, just put 6 mth passes on last month, so will wait and see what happens in April!
    Wonder if passes will just be cancelled or will boxes themselves be blacklisted?
    I really only use them for the UK players, however 2nd box in house uses the passes!
    Would really like to continue using them for the uk players - any thoughts if they will still work?

WW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I got the email too. Will get a free box and Sky sports for €22 per month for 3 months .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Got the email too.

Not worth too much to me to half a three month pass for the April, May and June months.

Hopefully it can be stacked.

Disappointed tbh.

I'll likely never use it again. Seems the ps3 still doesn't have an app on Irish psn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

What other apps are on the irish box apart from now tv?

• Advertisement

My email doesn't reference a new box?

Just the pass?

noodler wrote: »
    My email doesn't reference a new box?

Just the pass?

Mine did, and the box has shipped already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

JDxtra wrote: »
    Mine did, and the box has shipped already.

Did they charge P&P?

It's the older box right?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Did they charge P&P?

It's the older box right?
    No charge at all. It's the current gen box - the only box available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

JDxtra wrote: »
    No charge at all. It's the current gen box - the only box available in Ireland.

The new one is not a box, it's a stick

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    The new one is not a box, it's a stick

The box is the only option available in Ireland. I can see the stick on the UK site though.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Has anyone been able to change their credit card details on the account since this notification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

TBH, I'm going to hold off until after April 3rd and see what happens then. If access is genuinely gone, then I'll decide.

I got offered a free box and entertainment/movies for €10 a month for three months. I'd probably avail of that, but full price Now TV is just ridiculous in Ireland so that will be the end of it.

The kids pass gets the most use in our house and that's still not an option in the Ireland service, so this is the end I'd say.

I'm currently on a half price UK sports pass so worried about cancelling unless I have to.

Is there any chance the Irish account will work on the ps3 after all this I wonder?

I had to setup a UK account to get the app and its not available on the psn store here.

I wasn't offered a box in my email, just a three month half price sports pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Currys are selling a Nowtv box with either 2 months entertainment or movies for €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Did anyone who already switched to UK after getting the email get a confirmation email about the box? Was there somewhere signing up where you put in your new email address? Because I don't remember doing so.

Corholio wrote: »
    Did anyone who already switched to UK after getting the email get a confirmation email about the box? Was there somewhere signing up where you put in your new email address? Because I don't remember doing so.

Click on the 'Claim My Offers' link in the email and it'll bring you to a web site to register as a new user.

Anyone tested their account today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I've not gotten any email yet. I live in Scotland but have the box back in the parent's inlaw as just got a sports pass, movies and entertainment for christmas. Bought a sky sports pass off ebay the other day for this christmas so hopefully i'll be ok! Crazy that people who use VPN's are getting caught out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Apologies for jumping in folks and not investigating but is there a native Netflix app on this to allow easy access on a non-smart TV via wifi here in Ireland?

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping in folks and not investigating but is there a native Netflix app on this to allow easy access on a non-smart TV via wifi here in Ireland?

If you want Netflix you need to buy a Roku Box.

I've not gotten any email yet. I live in Scotland but have the box back in the parent's inlaw as just got a sports pass, movies and entertainment for christmas. Bought a sky sports pass off ebay the other day for this christmas so hopefully i'll be ok! Crazy that people who use VPN's are getting caught out!

It is, i'd have no problem switching to the irish one if it wasn't for the obvious rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

Decided to cut my ties and have a new box being dispatched today. Have the two weeks free trial and then the free 3 months.

At €15 per month, can't see me signing up for any of that.

rogercross wrote: »
    If you want Netflix you need to buy a Roku Box.

Netflix will be added to the Now TV boxes later this year. There was an announcement a while back about a partnership between Sky and Netflix.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Decided to cut my ties and have a new box being dispatched today. Have the two weeks free trial and then the free 3 months.

At €15 per month, can't see me signing up for any of that.

Mine didn't say it was a free 3 months, did yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

Mine didn't say it was a free 3 months, did yours?

Sorry, it's a fiver per month for the three months.

So i cancelled the UK service, created an Irish account and all that.

Went to put in the Voucher code for the free box - "Sorry, you're ineligible for this offer". The Entertainment and Cinema passes worked though.

If i can't get a free box, i'll be cancelling outright

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Anyone tested their account today?
    Just tested mine there now - All passes still working.

Initially thought I was gone, but I had logged out of my account after using it last time. Just logged back in and both passes still active!
    Also tried a system restart and still working!

Will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Dont mind losing the passes, but would still like to use the box for uk catch up tv.

Just tested mine there now - All passes still working.

Initially thought I was gone, but I had logged out of my account after using it last time. Just logged back in and both passes still active!
    Also tried a system restart and still working!

Will just have to wait and see what happens.
    Dont mind losing the passes, but would still like to use the box for uk catch up tv.

Good to know!

• Advertisement

I take it the app has no Chromecast support?

Advertisement