Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell us what you bought?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    Dr.Rieux wrote: »
    I started my set today with a Wilson 3 and 5 wood today from McGuirks, getting a bag, driver and irons hopefully early in the week. Went to the driving range in Leopardstown just after and I found the 5 wood to be quite manageable for me (beginner with a small bit of pitch and putt over the years). The 3 wood I was struggling with but hopefully many more visits to the range to come.
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you ( used to go to the driving range regular and P&P over the last 6mths) but I've gotten out for 4 games of golf since I started a few weeks back.

I find the 3W hard to hit now aswell even though I used to hit it well at the driving range,the 5w I can hit fairly well still.

Adverts.ie has some great deals on it for irons and all other golfing gear. I got my Cleaveland Hi Bore 5wood and golf trolley off it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much in the same position as you ( used to go to the driving range regular and P&P over the last 6mths) but I've gotten out for 4 games of golf since I started a few weeks back.

I find the 3W hard to hit now aswell even though I used to hit it well at the driving range,the 5w I can hit fairly well still.

Adverts.ie has some great deals on it for irons and all other golfing gear. I got my Cleaveland Hi Bore 5wood and golf trolley off it:)

I'm getting the irons driver and bag from charlieIRL on adverts.

I'm getting the irons driver and bag from charlieIRL on adverts.

Ah nice,I have the Wilson Staff 1200 GE effect set so they should be similar and I find them good when I connect right,envious of the driver though. I'm going to test a few in the next few weeks to see if I have the right type for myself.

Best of luck with your first round:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

With huge thanks to charlieIRL, today I now have my first full set of clubs. Wilson Staff Di9 irons and a TaylorMade R9 driver to go with the woods I got yesterday and a putter I've had from pitch and putt. All sitting nicely in a Callaway bag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,336 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

With huge thanks to charlieIRL, today I now have my first full set of clubs. Wilson Staff Di9 irons and a TaylorMade R9 driver to go with the woods I got yesterday and a putter I've had from pitch and putt. All sitting nicely in a Callaway bag :)

I've seen him hitting those irons, they should have been decommished with the amount of trouble they brought :)

Only messing, welcome to golf Dr. and fair play Charlie... Hope he roped you into the Boards Golf Society while he was at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Bought a 58 degree Nike VR wedge. Marked down from 75 to 50 in Halpenny. Never liked the sand wedge that I got with my Nike VR cavity set so have wanted to replace it since day one. This wedge is more muscleback than cavity back and feels way less clunky than the old one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

With the way you were hitting those irons on the range tonight you are going to have many happy rounds of golf. Best of luck and will definitely see you for a few rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Just ordered a new putter

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-metal-x-8-putter

Can't wait to try it out!

Also bought a pair of new Ecco Golf Street Shoes from Slave1 on Adverts.ie. I have to say they are the comfiest golf shoes I have ever owned. I would highly recommend them.

shane0007 wrote: »
    Just ordered a new putter

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-metal-x-8-putter

Can't wait to try it out!

Also bought a pair of new Ecco Golf Street Shoes from Slave1 on Adverts.ie. I have to say they are the comment golf shoes I have ever owned. I would highly recommend them.
    I tried a pair of ecco shoes on before and I have to say I haven't ever worn anything as comfortable, the only reason I didnt buy them was due to the one I wanted not being in.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I tried a pair of ecco shoes on before and I have ro say I haven't ever worn anythibg as comfortable, the only reason I didnt buy them was due to the one I wanted not being in.

It's the first time for me to own a pair of these type that you can wear in the club house. I have always been a full golf shoe person. I am truly converted. Totally water proof too.

• Advertisement

Impulse buy on Saturday morning as I walked passed the shop in the Spawell, can't go wrong for €50 (RRP €60 but I have the loyalty card with Carr golf)

Edit: I suppose it could go wrong :) but it seems sturdy enough

masters-3-series-3-wheeled-push-golf-trolley.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

My new RBZ 3 Wood arrived today. Looking forward to see if I gain any of the promised 27 yards :)

RBZ-Stage-2_Fairway_3_4mednew.jpg

Got a call today from the company in the UK to say they were out of stock of the putter I ordered & so was Odyessy. They then offers a free upgrade to this one, which I happily accepted! Fair play to them as they could have easily just offered a refund.

http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/odyssey-protype-pt-82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭paulos53

Got a call today from the company in the UK to say they were out of stock of the putter I ordered & so was Odyessy. They then offers a free upgrade to this one, which I happily accepted! Fair play to them as they could have easily just offered a refund.

Nice customer service. Have you used them much before this? If yes, how have you found them in general?

I am a lefty myself and hadn't come across the site until today so might be useful in the future.

I think they are pushing it with the Left Handed Polo Shirt though :pac:
    http://www.lefthandedgolf.co.uk/glenbrae-shirt

No, it was my first time using them. He rang first thing this morning as I only ordered it on-line last night. Very chatty & knowledgeable about the product. He said he got approval for the upgrade before phoning.

I did notice the left hand shirts alright. It's a bit like buying a left hand drive motor bike!

I also noticed they do left handed training aids which always seem to be only for the righties.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Wow!! That is exactly the putter type I am after, well the metallic one, rather than the black one. Plus right handed. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get it, I presume they are in shops in Ireland?

Sorry if this is not suitable for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Getting back into playing recently and got a bunch of stuff over the past few weeks. Have everything I need now.

Callaway Chev Comf shoes £30 online.
    chev_comfort.jpg

2nd hand cobra s9.1 driver. €50 on adverts.
    cobra-s9-1.jpg

52, 56 and 60 degree wedges (tiger shark) to replace my stoneage SW which I hate. €25ea. plus4golf shop, phibsboro. (got a few quick knocked for the three of em!)

ts10.jpg

golf bag (brand?) €50 plus4golf shop, phibsboro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

DryJoy Tour shoes, my Adidas Powerband have been taking on water for a while now.Rubbish shoe imo. Looking forward to coming home dry next time out:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

2nd hand Callaway Razr Hawk Draw driver on Adverts for €50.

New midsize grip for my TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider, also got a couple of 12gram weights to replace the standard ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭n2o

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    DryJoy Tour shoes, my Adidas Powerband have been taking on water for a while now.Rubbish shoe imo. Looking forward to coming home dry next time out:)

Same here. Tried mine out at the weekend. Very comfortable shoe. And dry.

Arsenium wrote: »
    Wow!! That is exactly the putter type I am after, well the metallic one, rather than the black one. Plus right handed. It'll be a couple of weeks before I can get it, I presume they are in shops in Ireland?

Sorry if this is not suitable for this thread.

I have to say after using the newly delivered putter today, it is the best putter I have ever used in my life. The weight, feel, look, grip is just perfect. Even let a few righties use it on the practice green & they were all very impressed.

Tiger Shark 52 Deg wedge. Hoping it will give a bit more confidence close in,felt good at the range but out for a round tomorrow and i'll know,

Was keeping an eye out for a cart bag the last while and grabbed this when it came up for €50 off adverts

maranello-cart-bag.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Had a bad run with getting shoes too small for me recently so took my time today in Birr and got these lads, ultra soft and comfy, well looking forward to next round to get them nice and dirty! Nike Golf Lunar Control II, good price too!

4xqw.jpg

• Advertisement

Picked these up from adverts this week:

Got to use them last night and it was love at first flight.
    Should have made the switch earlier in the summer but sure, we're there now.

Mizuno%20Mx%20300%20a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭TheRoomWrecker

post-33562-0-94959400-1373245255_thumb.jpg

picked up one of these three or so weeks ago, its a Adams DHY proto, more a driving Iron than a hybrid, as I found I couldn't control the flight of my hybrid to much so I wanted something that had a lower ball flight with more control, and this thing does exactly that!!! low bombs and easy to shape. have it fitted with a UST Mamiya VTS stiff shaft.

Picked up a Taylormade R9 460 9.5 for €60 out of MCGuirks 2nd hand and a set of second hand 3-PW like new R11 Irons.

Tested alot of the newer irons but the R11's feel like they'll keep me going for years compared to the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Dunlop golf shirt, not like I needed another one but it was a nice burgundy colour which I dont have in my collection :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Was in town today and popped into pro golf for a look....ended up buying a second hand R11 3 wood to replace my R9!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Around that time of year where I clear the money in my golf account in the club. Another shockingly profitable year with loads more clubs and stuff bought without me dropping a penny. Today I am fairly chuffed, cause I got something I'd never buy with my own cash.

A Scotty Cameron Select putter. I'm putting lovely this year with my Taylor Made Ghost, but said ****it I'd get one anyway, they hold a good resale value. Same putter as my Da so having used it a few times for a mess, know I'm buying something I can definitly use.

Threw the change on my account onto a pair of Footjoy Sport ( I think their called) shoes aswell ;) Early christmas for me, and the club account drained for another year :D (Close to €670 made this year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

The doc: why didn't you put that in to the escrow account to buy the club? Very selfish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

TheDoc wrote: »
    Around that time of year where I clear the money in my golf account in the club. Another shockingly profitable year with loads more clubs and stuff bought without me dropping a penny. Today I am fairly chuffed, cause I got something I'd never buy with my own cash.

A Scotty Cameron Select putter. I'm putting lovely this year with my Taylor Made Ghost, but said ****it I'd get one anyway, they hold a good resale value. Same putter as my Da so having used it a few times for a mess, know I'm buying something I can definitly use.

Threw the change on my account onto a pair of Footjoy Sport ( I think their called) shoes aswell ;) Early christmas for me, and the club account drained for another year :D (Close to €670 made this year)

what club are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

PARlance wrote: »
    Picked these up from adverts this week:

Got to use them last night and it was love at first flight.
    Should have made the switch earlier in the summer but sure, we're there now.

Mizuno%20Mx%20300%20a.jpg

Glad to hear it man, Happy eith the shafts too??

neckedit wrote: »
    Glad to hear it man, Happy eith the shafts too??

Ya they seem fine, I might change my tune when the honeymoon period is over ;)

Cheers again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Tour embroidered Poulter jumper and shirt. Breaking 90 has never looked better! Or possibly worse...

I'll let the public decide :p

ss152le-154.jpg

tourjumper-153.jpg

The man himself!

BXgJXxdCUAE5ogo.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Tour embroidered Poulter jumper and shirt. Breaking 90 has never looked better! Or possibly worse...

I'll let the public decide :p

ss152le-154.jpg

tourjumper-153.jpg

The man himself!

BXgJXxdCUAE5ogo.jpg:large

Very Nice
    Where did you get them

Very Nice
    Where did you get them

http://www.ijpdesign.com/shop/Catalogue.asp?Parent=x&Show=LTDEDITION&ShowDesc=LIMITED EDITION&Page=1

Will need a bigger wardrobe I fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Nice bit of swag there
    Playing 9 at 3:00 tomorrow if your crew are around?

Nice bit of swag there
    Playing 9 at 3:00 tomorrow if your crew are around?

Not around I'm afraid. You'll do well to get in by dark, no? Have fun anyway. Rathsallagh or The European Club beckon this weekend I reckon, the local likely to be on temporary greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

Got this today with a voodoo tp stiff shaft.
    Gave it a run out today and loved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Some mits!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Titleist AP1 712
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 52 , 56

Titleist AP1 712
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 52 , 56 (not in pic)
    Missus got me the bag to match for Bday

photo_zpsbfd01d77.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

^^^^^Like a proud father^^^^^
    enjoy man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Beautiful Dossy, just beautiful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Dossy wrote: »
    Titleist AP1 712
    Titleist Vokey Wedges 52 , 56 (not in pic)
    Missus got me the bag to match for Bday

photo_zpsbfd01d77.jpg
    Unusual alignment sticks i thought. Then realised its a mop in the backround

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭whizbang

I thought it was a rope to tie up all that real estate. But the Nike umbrella ruins the image.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Unusual alignment sticks i thought. Then realised its a mop in the backround

I was wondering what he has against the even numbered irons... they're still wrapped up.

• Advertisement

neckedit wrote: »
    ^^^^^Like a proud father^^^^^
    enjoy man!

Chalk it down....proud as punch, even have iron head covers for them :D
    ForeRight wrote: »
    Beautiful Dossy, just beautiful!

Cheers man :D
    whizbang wrote: »
    I thought it was a rope to tie up all that real estate. But the Nike umbrella ruins the image.

I no the Nike umbrella is a bit of an eye sore but its very good, Titleist for Xmas
    PARlance wrote: »
    I was wondering what he has against the even numbered irons... they're still wrapped up.

Ya i had half the plastic off and said id take a pic :rolleyes:

Advertisement