Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS 1100D DSLR Camera + 18-55mm DC Lens (Refurb) - €220 delivered

Options
  • 17-06-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Been looking to dabble into the area of photography and DSLR...

.. so took a punt on this!

These are £279 on Amazon new, and think about €365 on Argos.ie.

Now I know they're refurbished, and I wouldn't normally go for them.. but it does come direct from Canon with a 1 year guarantee and it's a helluva saving.

EDIT: Oh, and I've included the Parcel Motel charge in this!

$(KGrHqMOKpoE4mf2BHMZBOPpw)NFWw~~_32.JPG?set_id=89040003C1
    Buy it @ Ebay
    The Canon EOS 1100D is the ideal introduction to the EOS system for first-time digital SLR users. An enthusiast’s camera, it will grow with you allowing you to explore your creativity as you gain experience and confidence. Easy-to-use, compact and lightweight it delivers a host of technology, including features found on Canon’s professional models, into the hands of the photography enthusiast.

Features include:

2.7” LCD screen for easy viewing and reviewing of shots
    12 Megapixels capture every scene in dazzling colour and brilliant detail
    HD movies (720p) with stereo sound, Dynamic IS and HDMI
    Feature Guide describes each mode and gives onscreen help
    New HD CMOS Pro sensor
    Creative Auto and Basic+ Modes allow you to manually adjust image settings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls... gone already! :(

Anyone who is looking, keep an eye on it as it was in stock earlier and sold out quickly, and went in stock again a short time ago.

When I bought, Ebay were telling me there was 560 viewing it an hour, so definitely was a demand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Basq wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh, and I've included the Parcel Motel charge in this!

Just remember that Parcel Motel cover up to €100 on their delivery. Everything above that is on your risk.

zom wrote: »
    Just remember that Parcel Motel cover up to €100 on their delivery. Everything above that is on your risk.
    Yeah, am aware of that alright... but took the risk regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

I'm raging I missed this. Do people think its likely that they will put any more of these cameras up or can someone recommend somewhere to get a similar camera at around the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

bonescap wrote: »
    I'm raging I missed this. Do people think its likely that they will put any more of these cameras up or can someone recommend somewhere to get a similar camera at around the same price?

They seem to come up fairly often on ebay, so keep an eye on it. I have seen the offer posted fairly regularly on www.hotukdeals.com.

• Advertisement

Yep, they've came up three times in the last week on Canon's Ebay store, and numerous times before that, but this is the cheapest they've been.

See other HotUKDeals threads here!

Picked this up this morning.. don't think I've been as happy with a purchase in a long time!

Everything came extremely well packaged with accessories all still in plastic.

Not a scratch on the camera.. looks pristine tbh!

7fcB39.jpg
    7m3qSz.jpg
    77csiR.jpg
    7SBhCm.jpg

If it comes up again, do yourself a favour and pick one up!

Do it.. do it.. do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That is a great deal!

• Advertisement

Do it.. do it.. do it!

How do I add the parcel motel address to my paypal account and/or ebay account?! Help!

lindtee wrote: »
    How do I add the parcel motel address to my paypal account and/or ebay account?! Help!
    When you go to payment on Paypal, add in a new shipping address and make it:

<NAME>
    <PM ID>
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey, Antrim
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

Thanks Basq.

Just ordered! Had been after a decent (but good value) camera for a while and this fits the bill.

lindtee wrote: »
    Thanks Basq.

Just ordered! Had been after a decent (but good value) camera for a while and this fits the bill.
    Believe me.. the pictures above don't do it justice. Truly lovely of kit.

Took some of the money I saved on picking it up new, and already ordered this lens via Flubit for €85 (saving of €40 from Argos - BOOM!). The lens with it is grand, but heard this dedicated lens makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cock, I bought this one for £199 this morning, and its only up now for £175 from the same supplier!

Inquitus wrote: »
    cock, I bought this one for £199 this morning, and its only up now for £175 from the same supplier!
    That's bizarre..

:confused:

Might be worth popping them an e-mail via Paypal and asking what gives..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Its back again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Believe me.. the pictures above don't do it justice. Truly lovely of kit.

Took some of the money I saved on picking it up new, and already ordered this lens via Flubit for €85 (saving of €40 from Argos - BOOM!). The lens with it is grand, but heard this dedicated lens makes a huge difference.

Some photos up on the random photos thread as soon as please!

Also great choice on the prime lens but 35mm might be better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Jumped on this at £175.

I imagine I wouldnt take too much of a hit if it turned out that it wasnt for me at the end of the day.

adox wrote: »
    Some photos up on the random photos thread as soon as please!
    Will do.. I've Bryan Peterson's 'Understanding Exposure' on the Kindle for the weekend too. Heard great things about it!
    Yeah.. could be. But very pricey!

The "nifty fifty" is meant to be a solid step up in terms of the lens kit.. and only €85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That applies to Nikon. Canon don't have an equivalent 35mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

That applies to Nikon. Canon don't have an equivalent 35mm.

Ah my bad. Didnt realise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Also went for it, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

So, in this thread I:
    1. Learnt how to use Parcel Motel (including how to get a UK address onto my Irish paypal)
    2. Made the decision between the EOS 600D and 1100D based mainly on this fantastic price
    3. Cursed Basq for making me spend more money.

I love this forum!

Was just doing some shots there.. bloody loving it!

I realised I need to do a lot of reading and a lot of practice.. as everything in manual mode was blurry! :D

However, the presets (Closeup, Landscape) do a cracking job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Was just doing some shots there.. bloody loving it!

I realised I need to do a lot of reading and a lot of practice.. as everything in manual mode was blurry! :D

However, the presets (Closeup, Landscape) do a cracking job!

Now, lets never speak of presets again :pac:

I have a 40d and I'm still tempted to buy this, what the hell is wrong with me? :eek: I need to remember, it's only a bargain if you need it. IT'S ONLY A BARGAIN IF YOU NEED IT.... only..... 220.... euro.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Damn you Bargain Alerts, I don't need this camera, it's not pay day till next week, but ffs it's only €216.34, it'd be a shame not to .

Now to find bargain memory, case and lenses for it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

great offer, and I've been thinking about this type of camera for a long time.
    Can people explain why they're immediately looking at getting a different lens...what's wrong with the 1 that comes with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

jay0109 wrote: »
    great offer, and I've been thinking about this type of camera for a long time.
    Can people explain why they're immediately looking at getting a different lens...what's wrong with the 1 that comes with it?

There is nothing at all wrong with the lens that comes with it! You'll still take better pics with that camera and lens than you would with any point and shoot camera that I've ever used! You'll find further down the line, though, that you want nice bokeh and to use it in lower light with no flash, which is why a lot of people pick up the 50mm f1.8, or that you would want 'zoom' (well, you might, I never use telephoto lenses, I prefer wide), so that might inspire you to go for something with more mm behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

thanks Quakles...think I understood most of that!
    Will you get some level of 'bokeh' from this lens? (thats my new word for today!)

1 last question as can't see any mention of it in the ad so presume that no memory card comes with it?

Advertisement