Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

No, we just try a bit harder under the current management. With Trap he sucked the life out of the team, I don't see why we cannot get a draw tonight and have a go at the Italians! Belgium may be a bridge too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Look your supposed to be positive and get behind your team irrespective of who is playing.

Northern Ireland are brutal. But I'd still rather be at it.

We just dont have a player of a generation at present and we have had that for 50 years now.

So

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Keano wrote: »
    No, we just try a bit harder under the current management. With Trap he sucked the life out of the team, I don't see why we cannot get a draw tonight and have a go at the Italians! Belgium may be a bridge too far!

I jest Keano, both you and Roy are different men now that you're in positions of power ;)

I hope we get something but I really don't think we've progressed much at all. I would only consider it a very slight improvement on Trap, who brought us to one finals and was robbed of another.

Anyway, back to the party.

PARlance wrote: »
    I jest Keano, both you and Roy are different men now that you're in positions of power ;)

I hope we get something but I really don't think we've progressed much at all. I would only consider it a very slight improvement on Trap, who brought us to one finals and was robbed of another.

I'm a negative bastard. But I think you take me PARlance.

Was listening to some dude saying you need to get negative people out of your life.

Sadly not sure how I get myself out of my life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Beating the world champions is progress ;)

• Advertisement

I'm a negative bastard. But I think you take me PARlance.

Was listening to some dude saying you need to get negative people out of your life.

Sadly not sure how I get myself andown I out of my life.

2-1 Sweden Fix. 9/1. :)

2-1 Sweden Fix. 9/1. :)

By the way. Would have absolutely no problem backing against Ireland.

There is heart and mind.

And on the party . There is nothing wrong with a party.

I respect Roy Keane and love him a little. But he can be a miserable fecker himself.

You can see why he has been unsuccessful as a manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

3 resounding defeats. We haven't progressed much, if any, since Trap.

Best fans in the world though.

;)

Ban this man immediately Keano!

You'll probably ban me then for backseat modding

Beating the world champions is progress ;)

Built on Traps solid foundations Keano. We were a 90th minute goal away from beating Italy (World Cup holders at the time) in Croke Park and got a draw away. We very nearly topped that group. An injustice against France was the only thing stopping is from Qualification.

Poor auld Trap got a hard time, he steadied a sinking ship and over delivered based on the players he had. The media turned on him and that was that. Pity 2012 itself was a disaster, that group had 3 serious teams in it.

Starting to get in the mood for it now all the same :) Give us a blast of Joxer, Fixie.

Trap in a way did get a hard time but it was just a job for him, he put very little effort going watching players etc

It's not about Trap today it's a new era so lets hope we can get off to a good start!

• Advertisement

We would be 1 up if Trap was in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

We would be 1 up if Trap was in charge.

Hmmmm not so sure. He would have played o'shea also. Open goal really. We have to bang those chances away, they don't come around all that often

Seve OB wrote: »
    Hmmmm not so sure. He would have played o'shea also. Open goal really. We have to bang those chances away, they don't come around all that often

You're right Seve, we would probably be 2 up.

:)

You're right Seve, we would probably be 2 up.

:)

Lol.
    Better team so far and better chances.
    But we must convert them

Lol.
    Better team so far and better chances.
    But we must convert them

Agreed, we've lost that clinical Italian edge.

Agreed, we've lost that clinical Italian edge.

Ahem........

Can somebody send Paul McGrath, Dave O'Leary, Richard Dunne and even Captain Fantastic himself out to a stud farm and make us a few centre halves......

My bleeding ticker can't take some of the sh1t o'shea & Co puts me through

Ahem........

Trap was a great man for the clean sheets

Jaysus Par. You got this all wrong. We totally dominated that game.

You'll never learn Fixie. Trap would have had 9% possession and won 1-0.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't agree with that fix. Totally dominated is taking it a bit far.

They didn't have a shot on target? Game we should have won

The negatives: we were not capable of grabbing the game by the scruff when leading. A worry for future games

The positives: we have a point, played well and no matter what against Belgium we will go into the Italy game with everything to play for and we can go for it to qualify.

They didn't have a shot on target? Game we should have won

I seen that stat but thinking about it I'm not so sure. I seem to recall Randolph pulling off a great save early in the second half.

I seen that stat but thinking about it I'm not so sure. I seem to recall Randolph pulling off a great save early in the second half.

That was from Clarke's first attempt at an OG (not a shot on goal).

That was from Clarke's first attempt at an OG (not a shot on goal).

Didn't realise he had a 4th touch on that one too. 😩

Didn't realise he had a 4th touch on that one too. 😩

He was unlucky, it was coming.
    These Italians are clinical. We missed that today.

I know will all have a little sniff in the comfort of our own home while sitting on the couch but what's up with Joachim Low sniffing his nut sack and bum fluff on the bench on live tv

giphy.gif

ForeRight wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that fix. Totally dominated is taking it a bit far.

Well, for once on ball . You are wrong fore.

• Advertisement

Well, for once on ball . You are wrong fore.

We barely touched the ball for 20mins after we scored and you could see there goal was coming. They may not have had a shot on target but randalf had to make a big save, zlatan got ahead of Clark and just slid one past the post and the ball was flashed across the face of goal on more than one occasion where it was hearts in mouth stuff for us.

We probably deserved to win but I just wouldn't go as far as saying we dominated the game.
    Domination is what Spain did today t the Croats yesterday. They owned the ball for 90mins

Advertisement