Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Carphone Warehouse, meteor phone but not used with a meteor sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

miralize wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse, meteor phone but not used with a meteor sim.

Take it back to Carphone Warehouse. Dont mention that you have not been using the meteor sim, or they will try to fob you off to your provider.

Cool, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just got an email, my One has been despatched. Should get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

carphonewarehouse are offering €100 euro back on the HTC One from the 1st june to the 16th , any network. Bill pay only. ill wait for this offer.

• Advertisement

CPW just gave me a replacement, not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

irishgeo wrote: »
    carphonewarehouse are offering €100 euro back on the HTC One from the 1st june to the 16th , any network. Bill pay only. ill wait for this offer.
    Hi just wondering where you saw this ? I'm very interested in getting this phone or the s4. Is it for new customers only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Hi just wondering where you saw this ? I'm very interested in getting this phone or the s4. Is it for new customers only ?

Just wondering this myself, applicable to upgrade, or new customers only?

Just in a car phonewarehouse. The offer applies to all networks and bill only as far as they could tell me. I'm on a 30 day contract with vodafone and I'm allowed to upgrade and avail of the offer. However the €100 cash back is a €100 voucher for the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Just in a car phonewarehouse. The offer applies to all networks and bill only as far as they could tell me. I'm on a 30 day contract with vodafone and I'm allowed to upgrade and avail of the offer. However the €100 cash back is a €100 voucher for the shop.

Thanks for the update; what a pile of sheet! Was all geared up to get my new phone too. :(

What could you get in there for the €100? Would it be possible to put it towards the contract price in any way?

• Advertisement

No I highly doubt it. I was thinking of the otter box case and the official htc one car kit if they supply it. Should be in around €100 for both I'd say. If not two different cases or hang onto it and if someone is buying a new phone ill sell them the €100 voucher for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

No I highly doubt it. I was thinking of the otter box case and the official htc one car kit if they supply it. Should be in around €100 for both I'd say. If not two different cases or hang onto it and if someone is buying a new phone ill sell them the €100 voucher for €50.

I thought as much. Damn them and their tempting but not totally essential offer! :pac:

I might take a walk down later and see what's available. I assume the voucher is only valid for 6 months or a year at most?

I never thought to ask. Really torn between the s4 and the one. If it was €100 'cash back' it def would been the one !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Anyone else having trouble with sky+ app on HTC one? I cannot select Irish epg from settings. Half the settings menu is whited out & Sky account is the first option I can select.
    (& yes, I only downloaded it today. It's not the hacked version)
    Want to know if it's a handset specific issue or the app at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

Interesting! I asked in the Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street in Dublin today, and was told the €100 rebate would come from HTC directly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anybody running this on 4.2?

Anybody running this on 4.2?

Am booting a 4.2 rom as we speak :D

QN0ORIt.png

QKktmf5.png

Basil3 wrote: »
    Am booting a 4.2 rom as we speak :D

QN0ORIt.png

QKktmf5.png

cyanogenmod? Or have things updated recently? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I got this in carphone today, 49e a month on emobile, unlimited calls, texts and data. 18 month contract. 100 euro handset, and 100 euro cashback, so effectively free.

Btw, it is real cashback, they debit your bank account and it comes from carphone because it's on the Sony as well.

cyanogenmod? Or have things updated recently? :)

It's Sense 5, they're still ironing a few buts but feels smooth. It messes up your sd card in the same way it did when my Nexus 7 went to 4.2.....can't see some of your files in the sd card even though they are there, have to move stuff around.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's Sense 5, they're still ironing a few buts but feels smooth. It messes up your sd card in the same way it did when my Nexus 7 went to 4.2.....can't see some of your files in the sd card even though they are there, have to move stuff around.

So you're not using the One.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I got this in carphone today, 49e a month on emobile, unlimited calls, texts and data. 18 month contract. 100 euro handset, and 100 euro cashback, so effectively free.

Btw, it is real cashback, they debit your bank account and it comes from carphone because it's on the Sony as well.

Really ? If this was the case I'd def get the htc one. Did you have to ask for the offer or did they offer it to you ? I got the feeling that the people in cpw

Didn't know what they were talking about. !!!

Really ? If this was the case I'd def get the htc one. Did you have to ask for the offer or did they offer it to you ? I got the feeling that the people in cpw

The girl who served us in cpw knew her stuff well, she was obviously passionate about tech. I went in, I told her I was a heavy user and wanted an 18 month contract for the HTC one, she jumped at the chance "oh we've the perfect contract for you, and you getcashback" ect. Such a good deal myself and the girlfriend both got it. Until the moment I signed the contract I didn't think it was true, but it is.

Sounds good to me. Love the whole look and feel of the phone. Will try another cpw near to me on Tuesday when I get a chance and see if they have a better idea of the offer. Let me know how your getting on with the phone itself be interesting to get a different perspective.

Sounds good to me. Love the whole look and feel of the phone. Will try another cpw near to me on Tuesday when I get a chance and see if they have a better idea of the offer. Let me know how your getting on with the phone itself be interesting to get a different perspective.

I love it to bits, although somethings were positioned nicer on the Samsung gs3, like the power save options in the notifications windows. But with me your kinda just getting the gospel of the converted, I'll report back tomorrow with the other halves verdict, she had an iPhone 3gs for years, this is her first upgrade, so her opinion might be more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

He is, using the trickdroid rom

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    He is, using the trickdroid rom

Yep, exactly. I think a release is very soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Haven't checked the offer out properly but im fairly sure its 100 euro cash back straight into your bank account, pretty sure I seen forms that authorized monies to be transfered back into your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭Sparko

ffocused wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with sky+ app on HTC one? I cannot select Irish epg from settings. Half the settings menu is whited out & Sky account is the first option I can select.
    (& yes, I only downloaded it today. It's not the hacked version)
    Want to know if it's a handset specific issue or the app at fault.

I'm having the same issue..

Advertisement