Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Commentators: Eligable to all outside angles or just to those who drafted them?
Eligable to all (once not used in angles if drafted by others) 9 39.13%
Only available to those who spent a pick drafting them 14 60.87%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

20-11-2011, 22:15   #31
Lord TSC

Mod: Soccer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flahavaj View Post
The Japanese guys still have to have appeared for American companies so they're as eligible as any American wrestler. Generally thats a limited enough pool of wrestlers and only a small number of those again woud be eligible tag teams so its not that big a number really.

You wouldn't be alone in not really being interested in Japanese wrestling anyway so the benefit of having a lot of "bigger" Japanese stars on your roster is quite small. IMO picking Japanese guys in the first few rounds is almost a wasted pick as your picking somone only a few will appreciate at the expense of a main eventer from America most would know instantly.
I know I got KENTA and Marufuji (sp?) last year thanks to the rule. I know Muta and someone keeps getting picked as well. There's enough "big" Japan guys to exploit while still retaining name recognition ;P
Advertisement
20-11-2011, 22:21   #32
flahavaj
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamshadowclan View Post
I know I got KENTA and Marufuji (sp?) last year thanks to the rule. I know Muta and someone keeps getting picked as well. There's enough "big" Japan guys to exploit while still retaining name recognition ;P
There's a small handful that everyone would know, but they don't really fall under the obscure tag picks Spongey was talking about I don't think.
20-11-2011, 22:41   #33
The Volt

I really don't think final year will allow me to take part this year I'd be more than happy to give a hand though if D2D and BH want?
21-11-2011, 04:51   #34
jaykhunter

can someone post links to the ppv write-up and final voting thread? would like to see how 2011 went down
21-11-2011, 19:36   #35
Dare_2_defy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykhunter View Post
can someone post links to the ppv write-up and final voting thread? would like to see how 2011 went down

Picks thread
write ups
and the winner is......

BTW, I'd like to point out that my low number picks must be some sort of draft record. I didn't get a top 10 pick 'til round 15/16

Last edited by Dare_2_defy; 21-11-2011 at 19:44.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 12:57   #36
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltwad View Post
I really don't think final year will allow me to take part this year I'd be more than happy to give a hand though if D2D and BH want?
Considering myself and D2D havent run this before I guess we dont know if extra help will be needed atm. Obviously we would keep that offer in mind should you not be able to compete but as you say itd good if you could though obviously college is more important.

tbh I alwasy find the draft a good distraction from things but never so much that you cant do everything else as taking months it isnt always the fastest moving.
22-11-2011, 13:24   #37
thebostoncrab

Just looking tat last years topic, and alot of people were calling for an anyone can be picked round near the end to add last minute big names to really put a twist on things. Could be brilliant to do this year, I need to get Akyama on my roster
22-11-2011, 13:26   #38
gimmick

I have an amazing idea for a late stip round. If BH and D2D want me to use it, I gladly will, but for it to work properly they cannot even know what it is.
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 15:09   #40
campo

How about stirring it up a bit where we have a RIP round where we can only pick a wrestler who has passed on but here is the kicker we cannot pick a wrestler who has passed on until this stip round so for example you wont be able to pick Macho man in Rnd 1 you would have to wait for the RIP round
22-11-2011, 15:16   #41
gimmick

Good idea. There was an "RIP" round last time as well if memory serves. It was like another "pre 1970" round.
22-11-2011, 15:42   #42
Bounty Hunter

tbh that was one of the stips i had in mind and was thinking of making it a lot earlier so that many of the big RIP names wouldnt be gone yet. keep the suggestions coming though we obviously have to have a certain number of normal rules apply rounds
22-11-2011, 15:47   #43
campo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty Hunter View Post
tbh that was one of the stips i had in mind and was thinking of making it a lot earlier so that many of the big RIP names wouldnt be gone yet. keep the suggestions coming though we obviously have to have a certain number of normal rules apply rounds

ya we had one last year but by the time it came around most of the wrestlers who had passed on were already picked i.e Benoit, Brittish Buldog and owen hart etc but I think it be muc more interesting if we could not pick these wrestlers until the RIP stip round would make the 1st couple of rounds much more interesting to see who people pick if they cant pick a dead wrestler
22-11-2011, 15:59   #44
Cactus Colm

The PW Draft .... equal parts entertaining and frustrating ...

Think the rules might need to be slightly reviewed from last year ... just to make things a bit clearer. (Such as if holding the WWWWF title counts as a world championship, managers subbing for partners in tag teams, etc...)

Love it when I find a loophole (like getting Ric Flair, in the second year I think, by taking him as a manager) .... but hate it whenever someone else does!
Thanks from:
22-11-2011, 16:06   #45
campo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Colm View Post
The PW Draft .... equal parts entertaining and frustrating ...

Think the rules might need to be slightly reviewed from last year ... just to make things a bit clearer. (Such as if holding the WWWWF title counts as a world championship, managers subbing for partners in tag teams, etc...)

Love it when I find a loophole (like getting Ric Flair, in the second year I think, by taking him as a manager) .... but hate it whenever someone else does!

The tag stip is one that I both love and hate I love it when it works for mee.g I got Drew McIntrye and Wade Barrett last year as they teamed together OVW maybe we should have it that the tag team had to have tagged together for 3 months but also have tagged on TV ( which would include ROH TV etc ) that would put a stop to the sneaky OVW picks etc

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion