Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It Begins Jan 2nd though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the videos aren't for Jericho? jesus guys, you aren't sparing any expense this year then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Gonna have to try and plan something for this year instead of trying to build my whole roster around my money feud of Cena and Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I aint planning anything until i get my first rounder signed up to S.W.E.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

looking forward to this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I've got a plan but as is with the draft, they can often be thrown out immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    I've got a plan but as is with the draft, they can often be thrown out immediately!

I can pretty much guarrantee no one's plans will hold;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'll be glad to even be able to put together one match I want

Actually, am I the only one who hopes he gets a middling number in the first round? :S It would certainly help if a load of big names were gone quickly in terms of helping me make a choice :P

I think I picked up Punk with pick 11sh last year; doubt he'll last that long again after this year he had though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I wonder will MNG vs WECWF vs BWA III happen this year??:cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I'm looking forward to doing this for the first time. Can someone explain what happens after we draft everyone? We make a PPV ok. But do we put a context for the watches, write which storylines we would have, etc? Or just list the matches?

Edit: reading over last year's thread, a lot more required than I thought. Definitely seems like a lot of fun!

Some people start writing shows after about 10 picks and build up to a ppv. Some people work together for house shows, others go it alone and work wonders on photoshop. Some write it from a comedic point of view too.

All you are required to do though is post the final ppv. People generally vote for different reasons too.

I'm looking forward to doing this for the first time. Can someone explain what happens after we draft everyone? We make a PPV ok. But do we put a context for the watches, write which storylines we would have, etc? Or just list the matches?

Edit: reading over last year's thread, a lot more required than I thought. Definitely seems like a lot of fun!

Welcome to YOU'RE NEW OBSSESSION!! For the next 3ish months, savour the agony and heartbreak when someone chooses that Japanese guy in round 2 that you where banking on for round 5, and the sheer joy and esctacy when you draft Bobby Heenan and Nick Bockwinkle:pac:

Actually, am I the only one who hopes he gets a middling number in the first round? :S It would certainly help if a load of big names were gone quickly in terms of helping me make a choice :P

I think I picked up Punk with pick 11sh last year; doubt he'll last that long again after this year he had though...

Im hoping for a middle pick too. The guy i'd like to build a PPV around will prob last til the middle of round 1 and i'd feel strange picking him with the first pick. Then again Sheamus went first last year :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Im hoping for a middle pick too. The guy i'd like to build a PPV around will prob last til the middle of round 1 and i'd feel strange picking him with the first pick. Then again Sheamus went first last year :D

As the person making the 1st rd draw who knows when the stips fall I'd not be making any big plans for the 1st/2nd round... Just so y'know

*prepares monkeywrench to be thrown*

I think if your 1, 2, 3 you almost have to choose one of those big 3.. Although because of a certain one of those gentlemens rus in TNA he managed to go unpicked until Rd 2 last year.. So i definitely think a middle number is much less stressful.. Especially where people start giving out that you shouldve picked X,Y or Z!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Ate last year I got a late number in the first round and ended up with my money feud of Benoit vs Samoa Joe :D

I think if your 1, 2, 3 you almost have to choose one of those big 3.. Although because of a certain one of those gentlemens rus in TNA he managed to go unpicked until Rd 2 last year.. So i definitely think a middle number is much less stressful.. Especially where people start giving out that you shouldve picked X,Y or Z!

Who are the big 3 out of interest? :D Rock, Stone Cold and Hogan?

Who are the big 3 out of interest? :D Rock, Stone Cold and Hogan?

Bingo;)

Reading over:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69975118

The order that picks are drafted seems random. Many people had multiple first round picks despite only 15 picks for 20 people. Is it generated completely randomly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Lol. How Hogan survived until 11th pick of round two i'll never know!

CMpunked wrote: »
    Lol. How Hogan survived until 11th pick of round two i'll never know!

Three LETTERS... T...N..A Where Careers Go To Die...

Reading over:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69975118

The order that picks are drafted seems random. Many people had multiple first round picks despite only 15 picks for 20 people. Is it generated completely randomly?
    Yeap, and by God nothing creates fear like being in round 6, spotting a big name that is still up for grabs, and drawing a low number.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Yeap, and by God nothing creates fear like being in round 6, spotting a big name that is still up for grabs, and drawing a low number.

And nothing more frustrating than seeing that pick taken by the chap just before you. Then picking the next biggest name available despite being completely wrong for the plans you had with your roster....

And nothing more frustrating than seeing that pick taken by the chap just before you.

I swear to God Liz did this to me three rounds in a row last year :P

As for Hogan, wasn't he ineligible for round one last year? Granted, that still doesn't explain how he lasted till pick 11 of round two, but still...

And nothing more frustrating than seeing that pick taken by the chap just before you.

I swear to God Liz did this to me three rounds in a row last year :P

As for Hogan, wasn't he ineligible for round one last year? Granted, that still doesn't explain how he lasted till pick 11 of round two, but still...
    As far as I remember, the stip in round 1 was they made their debut after a certain date which ruled out Hogan

As far as I remember, the stip in round 1 was they made their debut after a certain date which ruled out Hogan

As far as i can remember Hogan was robbed from me one position ahead of me (which would have made me 12th :D). Grrrrrrr. On the bright side i did end up drafting Sting :)

Have rules been decided yet regarding tag teams? I thought that last year's rules got a bit restrictive. For me, half the fun is thinking up the shrewd picks that no one could have thought of.

3 months together and actively tagging is a bit strict IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I swear, if I get an average/run of bad luck like I did last year, I'm not playing ever again:mad: For those who don't know, I never got a Top 10 pick until Round 12/13. My average pick for the first 10 round was something like 15.70:eek:
    Voltwad wrote: »
    Have rules been decided yet regarding tag teams? I thought that last year's rules got a bit restrictive. For me, half the fun is thinking up the shrewd picks that no one could have thought of.

3 months together and actively tagging is a bit strict IMO

We've decided to keep the rules the same regarding tag picks.

• Advertisement

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss :pac:

Advertisement