Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread

Options
  • 23-08-2011 11:30pm
    Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭

As the majority of you know, superthreads/threads with more 10K posts are causing some problems with the running of boards and the reason is that every 10th post on a thread, VBulletin implements a recount on the number of posts on it to make sure it's correct which has implications for the number of pages and so on. So we will be breaking superthreads into monthly increments where warranted. This is the first of them.

edit - Old thread here

Carry on as you were.

Ade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

May this thread be as fruitful as the last :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Why was the other thread changed to Rose of Tralee?:confused: Was it Palace -2 handicap at halftime or +2??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** i was worried

screw you ade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Heres to a fruitful amount of money to be made off this new thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Card fest in Arsenal Udinese game tomorrow?

Udinese Home games average over 50 booking points. Most bookies have set the line @ 65 points.

Given what is at stake tomorrow night for both teams and Arsenal's recent indiscipline I can see a few hefty challenges going in. Whatever side is losing is likely to lose the plot if chasing the game so we could well see a red card.

Any opinions on this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Nothing wrong with my account.

I did put up a bet though.

Brian Ruiz to score for Twente tommorrow @9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

go for it........im seriously comtemplating it...........my acc is still suspended.....

Don't bother annoying them. 35 in t&c's
    Irrespective of whether we suspend or terminate an account and notwithstanding any other provisions in these Terms and Conditions, we may decide to cancel and void any bets at our absolute discretion where (i) there is a technological failure, or (ii) you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions or the Betting Rules or (iii) where in our judgment, there is a manifest error in the terms of a bet placed by any party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Account -1600, started small but put more on. Got it into paypal and then an hour later transferred it to bank account. Not sure what to do now, dont really need debt collectors callin to me. One thing is for sure IF I decide to give them money back there is no way in hell they'll get it all. Ill be keepin some for myself for the inconvenience. Also I think we should all close accounts with the ****ers. Too many times they've ****ed up. And the price they're giving us for it. 1/50? **** off. palace were 15/8 to win in 90 mins when I put on my bets. That does not equate to 1/50 for +2.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

As a Blackburn Rovers fan I've been reading and listening to reaction from the players to the two recent defeats and the ongoing saga in the club and the general concensus is that tonight's game against Sheffield Wednesday affords the club the chance to 'start over'. Kean will field a strong side and there is no doubt the team will want to send a message to the fans ahead of another home game against Everton on Saturday.
    For this reason I am putting €50 on Rovers -1. Currently 6/4 with PP. -2 is 7/2 thought I don't think I'll go that far. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Udinese for me 2night. arsenal are a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

So now that is all cleared up, anyone any tips for this evening games?

I'm looking at Udinease beating Arsenal -1 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Udinese 7/2 to go through to next round,might not have as much as the rest of yoz to put on this but looks good to me anyway!!!!

Might stick it in a double with Liverpool -1(over 7/1 for the double now) but think Il wait to see the teams in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Well done to everyone on getting paid out, fair play to PP but there is probably not much they could have done about it anyways.

Bet for me tonight;

Benfica
    Rubin Kazan
    Bolton
    West Ham

€30 @ 5/1

Mark! wrote: »
    It will take at least 3 days to get to your account mate.

os9te.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geaser11

WOW- CANT BELIEVE THE GOINGS-ON OVER THE LAST DAY- HOPE EVERYONE GETS THEIR MONEY.
    SO WHO ARE PEOPLE LOOKING AT FOR TONIGHTS FOOTBALL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Udinese knocking the Gooners out tonight would make this a pretty good week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Gonna be an intersting Friday this week when people are either overjoyed or thinking about rioting ...
    Who spotted this Crystal Palace game last night first

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lads, do us a favour and anything PP + Crystal Palace related use this thread so not to clog up this thread please. Will be moving all the posts related to last nights events asap. Pending Eircom driving me to drink.

PP and Crystal Palace thread

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Id say the whole lot of this new thread is related to that match

Not sure if i should back against Arsenal tonight, missing a few key players for tonights game but then again Udinese were unluky not to get at least an away goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

As previously mentioned I'm betting large on Blackburn -1 tonight. Am also putting said bet in a small accum of Liverpool, Bolton and West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

Back to business;

What's the bet's tonight lads? I really like Udinese, I just can't see them not going through tbh

As previously mentioned I'm betting large on Blackburn -1 tonight. Am also putting said bet in a small accum of Liverpool, Bolton and West Ham.

Not sure about Blackburn, not playing well at the moment and Sheffield Wednesday seem to be doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Cant see Arsenal failing to qualify.

Back to business;

What's the bet's tonight lads? I really like Udinese, I just can't see them not going through tbh

A di Natale @ 7/2
    Insurebet First Goalscorer
    Udinese v Arsenal

Should of scored in London last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I went for treble of Bristol City/O2.5 Benfica game and FC Plzen dnb.. Oh and Villa fcuked me over last night went -2
    (should been +2):D
    would of been a nice double with west brom the bayern part got pushed -1ah

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

On Udinese at 2.78 on BF..Great value just hope its that come 9.45 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Di Natale has scored in 24/36 of his home games in the last two seasons.

13/8 anytime scorer on Boyles looks great value. He'll be on penno's and free kicks.

Also going to have a small nip at over 11 corners @ 11/10 and card index over 65. I expect this will be a very feisty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

PP Powerplay looks decent to me

10/3 Liverpool, Everton, Bolton, Blackburn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Is there anyway to get goalscorer and handicap markets in the multiples section on Betfair?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement