Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky for €9.04 per month

Options
  • 16-04-2011 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Received this email from fatcheese yesterday.
    Join Sky TV as a new customer before the 26 April and not only will you get the Sky+/Sky+HD box for FREE, standard set-up for FREE and up to €165 cashback from FatCheese... you'll also receive a €100 cheque direct from Sky!

A Sky+ package starts from only €23 per month (or €276 for the year). With the €100 cheque plus €67.50 cashback saving from FatCheese for the Sky+ package, it reduces the total cost for the year to €108.50... that's only €9.04 per month!

Experience the TV you love like never before with Sky+HD. With Sky+HD, you'll gain access to Ireland's widest range of HD channels, including Sky Atlantic HD, Sky1 HD and Sky Living HD, plus your everyday favourites like BBC HD and E4 HD, and you'll earn €150 cashback + the €100 cheque!

Interested in the Sky Movies, Sky Sports or ESPN packs? There's a €5 cashback bonus for each pack you take up... take all three with Sky+HD and that's a total €165 cashback saving or a €265 saving when you include the cheque!

The savings
    See how much you could save as a new Sky customer:
    €150 cashback for Sky+HD
    €67.50 cashback for Sky+
    €5 bonus for Sky Sports pack
    €5 bonus for Sky Movies pack
    €5 bonus for ESPN pack

+ a €100 cheque from Sky!

I think this is the best offer they've had so far. It makes Sky+HD just over €17 a month.

http://www.fatcheese.ie/cashback/sky-ireland/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah it is great!!

I am in my parents house at the moment and they think its too expensive, so does anyone know if they cancel it can I simply go and take up this as a new customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

That's the question everyone seems to ask! I believe if you cancel the existing contract and then start a new one in your name then it would count as a new customer (please don't quote me on that... I've seen others posting saying it worked for them).

Don't forget this ends on 26 April though so you may not be able to do it in time as I'm not sure what Sky's cancellation period is.

Think its 31 days actually. But if I paid for it now and organised for installation after the date, I'm sure it would work. I'm going to ring sky in a while and see anyway. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Be handy if you could put your details into fatcheese.ie

Raoul wrote: »
    Think its 31 days actually. But if I paid for it now and organised for installation after the date, I'm sure it would work. I'm going to ring sky in a while and see anyway. Will report back.

I rang up. It takes 12 months after a cancellation before you can get it in a new residence.

At the moment I have sky plus and multiroom for 83 euro/month.

So what they can do is do it for 63 euro/month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

You need to take all the channels to get the full cashbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    You need to take all the channels to get the full cashbacks.
    I do not think that is the case
    A Sky+ package starts from only €23 per month (or €276 for the year). With the €100 cheque plus €67.50 cashback saving from FatCheese for the Sky+ package, it reduces the total cost for the year to €108.50... that's only €9.04 per month!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So fat cheese will give you a 165 cashback voucher AND sky will give you a 100 cheque also?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CMpunked wrote: »
    So fat cheese will give you a 165 cashback voucher AND sky will give you a 100 cheque also?
    Seems that way but to avail of the maximum payback you will need to subscribe to the maximum package -i.e. HD sub, movies, ESPN and sports

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

The savings
    See how much you could save as a new Sky customer:
    €150 cashback for Sky+HD
    €67.50 cashback for Sky+
    €5 bonus for Sky Sports pack
    €5 bonus for Sky Movies pack
    €5 bonus for ESPN pack

+ a €100 cheque from Sky!

€67.50 from FC and €100 from Sky = €167 cash back. Nearly tooo good to be true. Less €30 for no phone. I'm tempted if they cough up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭randombar

Lads just wondering is it 100 if you register online before the 26th or is it 100 if you get them out before the 26th???

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Lads just wondering is it 100 if you register online before the 26th or is it 100 if you get them out before the 26th???

Register. I did it over the phone and my installation is the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭randombar

When do you start paying the subscription, when you actually switch on the box??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Few reviews on the FC site, seems Sky might be a bit slow paying the cashback:

Sky Ireland Member Reviews

ordered in february and still havent received my cashback from Sky into my fatcheese account :(
    John

Still no word from sky! i applied on the 1st april and still no tracking order and they haven't phoned me, so don't know what to do now :(
    david

sky seem to be very slow paying the cash back
    patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

it seems a great offer, thanks for posting it op

what steps do you have to take to get this offer?

i presume you register with fatcheese first and then either they or you have to contact sky.

hope someone can help with this.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

FatCheese stats for the offer says this:
    Tracking reliability: 98%
    Tracking speed: 1-2 Hours
    Payment speed: 90 Days once the system has been installed
    Last payment received on 15 Apr for transactions made before 31 Jan

I am half-tempted to go for this. Just wondering what will happen if Sky decided not to pay out the €100, could FatCheese just shrug their shoulders and say talk to Sky?

PS: Signed up for this. Sky rang me straight away for more details and installation planned for 26th. Will keep posted on update / if I get money back etc (FatCheese should show the reward within 7 days, and Sky said they would send out the €100 within 60 days).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im still waiting for the payment from fatcheese. Ordered and installed in January
    Edit: Just checked and it was awarded in last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

kc66 wrote: »
    Im still waiting for the payment from fatcheese. Ordered and installed in January
    Edit: Just checked and it was awarded in last couple of days.

4 months to get the payment? nuts. Did you get the cashback from Sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

It says expected time of 90 days for cashback on fatcheese. I presume the member two posts back probably only got the installation at least a week into January or later and we're only at the 18 April, so it's 3 months. It's good that Fatcheese actually show the expected payout time, I don't think BeThrifty do.

Just wondering about the Sky+ box in this offer. I thought they didnt supply these any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Register. I did it over the phone and my installation is the 29th.

Will you get the fatcheese.ie cashback or only the €100 from Sky? I thought you had to use their link to get it.

Very temted to get it and drop UPC

My friend was asking if there's already Sky in a house cancel and do a new subscription in another name will that work?

nava wrote: »
    Will you get the fatcheese.ie cashback or only the €100 from Sky? I thought you had to use their link to get it.

Very temted to get it and drop UPC

My friend was asking if there's already Sky in a house cancel and do a new subscription in another name will that work?

I will be getting a check off sky for 100 euro + 135 euro off fat cheese (it's pending and due in July). Ring sky first then put in your details on fat cheese including the ref number you get off sky and whatever money your owed will come up as 'pending' on fat cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Eoinite

muffler wrote: »
    Just wondering about the Sky+ box in this offer. I thought they didnt supply these any more.

You're right there. The box you receive is the Sky+HD box even if you only take out Sky+

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blsw

I will be getting a check off sky for 100 euro + 135 euro off fat cheese (it's pending and due in July). Ring sky first then put in your details on fat cheese including the ref number you get off sky and whatever money your owed will come up as 'pending' on fat cheese.

can someone clear this up. dont want to bollox up the offer

do you order from sky when on the fatcheese website

or

do you order from sky and then go on the fatcheese site and provide reference number

blsw wrote: »
    can someone clear this up. dont want to bollox up the offer

do you order from sky when on the fatcheese website

or

do you order from sky and then go on the fatcheese site and provide reference number

Are you serious? Read my post very slowly and concentrate on the words first and then.

Are you serious? Read my post very slowly and concentrate on the words first and then.
    Id have to agree with the previous poster insofar as what you suggested appears to be going arseways if you read the details on fatcheese.ie

muffler wrote: »
    Id have to agree with the previous poster insofar as what you suggested appears to be going arseways if you read the details on fatcheese.ie

On fat cheese they tell you to ring sky first and then enter your details on fatcheese including the ref. Number you got off sky to claim any money. you can't order through fatcheese but they provide a link to the sky website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Apologies, but where do you enter the details into FatCheese? Are you talking about raising a 'ticket' with FatCheese?

Reading FatCheese.ie, I gathered all I have to do is to click thru to Sky from FatCheese and order as usual, and I thought Sky would automatically recognise it as business originated from FatCheese using cookies, would notify FatCheese (or FatCheese would contact Sky as they are also monitoring traffic) and FatCheese would automatically credit my account with the €65 or whatever within 7 days. If they didn't, then you need to raise a ticket with FatCheese reminding them that they might have missed your click-thru.

Re-reading FatCheese, the fine print at the bottom says this too:

Simply register with Fatcheese.ie for free, select the retailer you wish to shop at, make your purchase as you normally would and get rewarded with your cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

positron wrote: »

Reading FatCheese.ie, I gathered all I have to do is to click thru to Sky from FatCheese and order as usual, and I thought Sky would automatically recognise it as business originated from FatCheese using cookies, would notify FatCheese (or FatCheese would contact Sky as they are also monitoring traffic) and FatCheese would automatically credit my account with the €65 or whatever within 7 days. If they didn't, then you need to raise a ticket with FatCheese reminding them that they might have missed your click-thru.

Re-reading FatCheese, the fine print at the bottom says this too:

Simply register with Fatcheese.ie for free, select the retailer you wish to shop at, make your purchase as you normally would and get rewarded with your cashback.

This.

Just register with Fatcheese and use their link to the Sky deal. Enable cookies/disable any ad blocking browser addons first.

That's what I did...didn't need to imput any details from Sky to Fatcheese after ordering my package. My estimated award date is July 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just so people know, if you're in an apartment block with a shared dish, you have to register for sky on the blower rather than onlone (stupid i know), so you won't be able to get the cashback

Advertisement