Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Legacy (Episode 9: Post #120)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,840 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

In the immortal words of the Churchill Dog, OH YES!

Guess Kevin Tancharoen went ahead anyway, bless him. This has made my month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Awesome... Wasn't expecting any actual "actors" to be in this! (namely the guy from Dollhouse, and whoever plays Sonya looks fairly familiar too...)

Then again I'd heard absolutely nothing about it until I opened this thread:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Holy****... Where did they found actress to play sonya... In elderyhouse?

tman wrote: »
    Awesome... Wasn't expecting any actual "actors" to be in this! (namely the guy from Dollhouse, and whoever plays Sonya looks fairly familiar too...)

Then again I'd heard absolutely nothing about it until I opened this thread:p

Well, Jax is played by Michael Jai White, Sonya is Geri Ryan, and i don't recognise the rest, but apparently there's a couple of other famous(ish) people in it.

And, after a bit of googling, it is funded by Warner Brothers as a 9 part web-series which is going to include the background for why certain characters are in the Tournament, and also exclusive information on the characters in the upcoming game. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Delighted that this went ahead. Trailer looked amazing and an enjoyable opening. So videogame conversions can be done well!

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So videogame conversions can be done well!

As long as they are done by a person whose main interest is the series, and not making money.

Holy****... Where did they found actress to play sonya... In elderyhouse?

She'd still get it!
    Recognise her from the OC (:o), and must have remembered her from Star Trek: Voyager when I shamefully watched that

She'd still get it!
    Recognise her from the OC (:o), and must have remembered her from Star Trek: Voyager when I shamefully watched that

Don't understand wrong m8. I love milfs, but WTF is that?

That's why I newer sow here in my life as I newer been a fan of those star trek stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watching now in 1080p.....Amazing! Thanks for the link!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They clearly cast Sonya wrong, they asked for Seven of Nine and got sent someone who was Seventy Nine. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was dreading this from day one. Hated the trailer/pitch they released last year, and I had this tagged as muck as soon as I heard it was in the makings. However, if this epsiode is anything to go by, I was very wrong. It was an enjoyable ten minutes, and might be setting up for an enjoyable series.

... Didn't like your man who played Sonya Blade though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

Am I the only one who thought it was crap? Full of clichés, posey acting and over-did it on the slo mo.

I did like the trailer though.

I really liked it anyway. Sure it had a few chessy lines and some of the fighting choreography was dodgy but they did a great job for a web series. Can't wait for the next one!

Anyone think Kano will come back in episode 2 with a metal plate and shaved head from the
    explosion
    at the end?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I really liked it anyway. Sure it had a few chessy lines and some of the fighting choreography was dodgy but they did a great job for a web series. Can't wait for the next one!

Anyone think Kano will come back in episode 2 with a metal plate and shaved head from the
    explosion
    at the end?

I'd say thats a given, and probably set Jax (Jacks) up for his bionic arms...

I'd say thats a given, and probably set Jax (Jacks) up for his bionic arms...

Ya I was thinking the same but it didn't look like his arms took that much damage but it makes sense. They should have got the same Sonya from the 1st MK movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Jeri Ryan as Sonya is a great idea, Sonya is supposed to be a little on the mature side.

She's a highly trained, highly respected special forces operative with years of experience under her belt and it would just not be convincing if they'd cast anyone under the age of 35 to be honest.
    Jeri Ryan is still only 43 and looks damn fine to be honest. I'm pretty sure Kitana and Mileena will have enough bare flesh titilation going on if that is all you're looking for in a Mortal Kombat tv show/film.
    A damn good, well made, faithful-to-the-game tv show/film is what I want. Looks like we're getting it too.

Bridgette Wilson was pretty but not much else, terrible actress and looked like she was fresh out of puberty. She's 37 now though so she could have easily reprised her role and probably fit the character better now but......meh.
    In fairness, the only two actors I would have tolerated a return from would have been Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa and Christopher Lambert as Shang Tsung and Rayden, who both (definitely in Cary's case) really understood their characters and nailed their respective roles.

I liked this episode, it was a hell of a lot better than I expected and it looks like it's going to get better.
    Michael Jai White is the most convincing Jax so far, Kano's actor is good too(not a patch on the original but hey) and I can't wait to see Scorpion and Sub in action.

Thumbs up so far.

Well sonya should not be a 19 year old cheerleader. She was suppost to be hot. There are hot milfs and there are.... Don't know how to call that "thing".

The show is brilliant. Fair play with doing it too, but sonya.... Oh come on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jeez lads, I think Jeri Ryan is pretty hot! I guess we have some age differences here!

The guy playing Kurtis Stryker (Tahmoh Penikett) was in Battlestar Galactica. Hopefully we'll see more familiar faces as the series goes on, that first episode is class. How many are they doing?

Mr. K wrote: »
    Jeez lads, I think Jeri Ryan is pretty hot! I guess we have some age differences here!

The guy playing Kurtis Stryker (Tahmoh Penikett) was in Battlestar Galactica. Hopefully we'll see more familiar faces as the series goes on, that first episode is class. How many are they doing?

Once again, age has nothing to do with it. There are plenty hot milfs! She is just butterface... Look at here...

I will say this thought: you cant argue about taste. ;)

Once again, age has nothing to do with it. There are plenty hot milfs! She is just butterface... Look at here...

I will say this thought: you cant argue about taste. ;)

I think it's more of a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" type deelio
    As a 28 year old I find her attractive and would definitely give her a root, but as a younger man I might not have found her as attractive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That was mostly dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some of ye are very picky :D

As a 28 year old I find her attractive and would definitely give her a root, but as a younger man I might not have found her as attractive

Well I am 25 and I find her horrible lol. On the anther hand I find angelina jolie freaking ugly and meh... I don't understand what do people see I here...

And again, I find mila jovivich very sexy and beutifull, which alot of the people would not agree ;). Like I said before: you can't argue about taste.

Even if someone find her beautiful, she does not suit sonyas image most of us had...it's just an opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm in the same age group myself, but I still didn't think she was any form of eye candy. However, to be brutally honest, I couldn't really give a damn if she's a looker or not, as long as she plays the part well. I wouldn't say no if she was played by a hot chick, but not everyone on TV has to be over-the-top attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I actually thought the fights were lame :/

and way too much slo-mo

Still, its only a web series, so it'll do :P

Could do with bein a bit longer though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

krudler wrote: »
    They clearly cast Sonya wrong, they asked for Seven of Nine and got sent someone who was Seventy Nine. :pac:

Damn you I was going to say that !! The years have not been too kind to her. Good to see Helo not say frack for a change. Will see how next episode goes before judging it.

Episode 2 now out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Enjoyed that. Some of the Jax/Kano fight scene was awful, but it's really just to show how they become the Jax and Kano that we know from the games. Looking foward to seeing some other characters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I've enjoyed it so far. Think the casting is right (and like some others here, I think Jeri Ryan isn't bad at all!). Slow enough build so far but it has worked, especially with the focus on the likes of Kano and Jax. MK fans know how they end up so it's interesting to see a take on how they get there.

Looking forward to seeing how it pans out. Pity the episodes are short enough / the credits take up a good chunk of the allocated time.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

That was good but way too short. Why the need for a recap on a 10 minute episode? Still.. looking forward to next weeks if I can put the game down at that point :D

Advertisement