Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip 5k 7/5/2011(Sat 11am)

Options
  • 09-03-2011 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Course
    Race website
    Last years thread

Le Chéile AC will be hosting the Leixlip 5k on the 7th May. This is an AAI permitted event with a certified jones counter measured 5km course. Entry for the race will be €10 for advance registration and €15 on the morning.

It is a race and course suitable for all levels of runner and walkers are also welcome to take part. 100% of the funds raised will be used for the development of athletics locally.

You can see feedback and comments from last year's event here. Here are some of the positive comments that are included in the Boards feedback:

“Fantastic race, couldn't fault a thing. You really have a great club from the organisation at the start to the hospitality at the end. Allot of clubs and especially the AAI could learn a thing or two about how to put on a top notch, enjoyable race.”

“That was a great race - impeccably organised, a nice course, and great grub as well.”

“To those who didn’t run today, its a cracking race, very well organised, will defo be back next year”

“Bananas water and chocolate right on the finish line is great for when all you can do is collapse on the ground. Then when you've recovered sufficiently you can get loads and loads of buns, chocolate cake, fruit cake, biscuits, more chocolate, tea and coffee, water, sweet drinks etc over at the tents. It really is an impressive operation.”

“Not running all that long but this will be on my calendar for next year.”

“Le Cheile club members and helpers were great. The best 10 euro I have spent in a while. I'd love to bring people who are entering these new, badly organised (IMO) expensive races out to this race. I personally am not into goody bags (usually contain nothing anyway) and crappy tee shirts so was glad not to have to spend 20 instead of my 10. This race is definitely in my top 5 and I'll be back again.”

“This was my first race and I really enjoyed it. I have no past experience of these events, but all the same, from my point of view it seemed very well organised. It was a nice course and, as many have pointed out, top marks for the grub afterwards! Actually, I couldn't find fault with any part of the race organisation.”

The only aspect of the event that received any negative feedback was the wind on the day - a sub-committee has been formed to see what can be done to rectify that situation for this year's event ;)

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 29 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    89%
    happygooseDigiJemmtshollypinkhousehunterPatrick_Knerraw1111cornymacinallipapamikeOisin11178chinguettiultraman1eager tortoiseDipityMaroonTamVan.Boschpurplestar77ronnie0853D2S 26 votes
    3 stars (average)
    10%
    W.B. Yeats7miletheboyblunder 3 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Leixlip_5k_Road%20_Race.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

What date is it on?
    :D

(before I'm banned for life for shilling, I am a member of Le Chéile AC!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was actually planning in doing this given the reports it received last year. Can you push it back a week or so? Just for me like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Brilliant, I was afraid I was going to be away for this. This was my favourite race last year by a mile. Absolutely brilliant race. Big thumbs up from me. Its also quite fast. There is a whore of a hill in the first km but you more than get it back later. Im dreaming of the chocolate cake at the finish nom nom couldn't eat my dinner the evening after the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭marchino

done this race 2 years ago, may have been the 1st running but, it just showed the difference in atmosphere and set up in comparison to cross country.
    Hopefully i will get to do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Denis87

Great race, great crowd, great cakes, worth coming back from London for weekend for! wouldnt miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    Is there a committee regarding the cakes????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Will def be running this - ran it last year and had a great time. Good stretch of the legs before a half the week after

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I like cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

4 stars (good)
    Can you tell me if this race is suitable for beginners who run very very slowly (and will stay at the back)? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Yes, no problem taking your time on this run. Caters for all speed types. See last year's results below.

http://www.kildare.ie/kildareac/documents/2010/2010_5k_Road_Race_Results.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Will try and do this one if the wife doesn't register first
    Looks like Le Cheile won the battle of the races for that weekend, Intel 10K is postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 badger81

Sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

This sounds like a good one. I`m there!

chinguetti wrote: »
    Is there a committee regarding the cakes????:eek:

Yes Chinquetti, and their only brief is to improve on this.......

leixlipcakes.jpg

I was actually planning in doing this given the reports it received last year. Can you push it back a week or so? Just for me like...

RQ - you tell me when you'd like to run a Leixlip 5k and I'll arrange it for you - I may even be able to get someone else to run it with you ;)

robinph wrote: »
    I like cake.

And a good test for the Robin V1.1 enhancement :D

Jnealon wrote: »
    Will try and do this one if the wife doesn't register first
    Why don't you both register, there's a playground that will keep children amused for at least 18 minutes....
    Jnealon wrote: »
    Looks like Le Cheile won the battle of the races for that weekend, Intel 10K is postponed.
    No battle - just a sensible agreement between two races accepting that it makes no sense to run two road races on the same day, at the same time, and share a portion of the same course.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Great race, enjoyed it last year and can absolutely recommend it.

Will hopefully bring along a few friends with me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

4 stars (good)
    RAL3 wrote: »
    Great race, enjoyed it last year and can absolutely recommend it.

Will hopefully bring along a few friends with me this year.
    Watch out for this fella. Hes a sandbagger:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 3D2S

4 stars (good)
    :):):) Loved this race last year and plan to bring a few newbies this year. Plus of course the cake, chocolate and, if memory serves me correct a flower for the girls at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Oisin11178 wrote: »
    Watch out for this fella. Hes a sandbagger:D

If that means Ive never broken 20mins for a 5k, then I am!

Hoping to rectify that here though, with you in my wake hopefully:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

4 stars (good)
    RAL3 wrote: »
    If that means Ive never broken 20mins for a 5k, then I am!

Hoping to rectify that here though, with you in my wake hopefully:D

I dont think you will have any probs mate after a 1.27 half:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Yeah this was a great race last year..... and those cakes. So yummy. :)

Online booking is now available on Run Ireland here or if you'd prefer to go with the old fashioned postal entry, form available here

Any questions about the event - please ask :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lecheile wrote: »
    Online booking is now available on Run Ireland here or if you'd prefer to go with the old fashioned postal entry, form available here

Any questions about the event - please ask :)

Reigstered this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

3 stars (average)
    Magnificent cakes at the end:D
    Nice grass track at the finish
    Have done it twice and all going well may have a crack off it again this year but will have to wait til closer to decide whether I can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

4 stars (good)
    I'll probably be able for this by the time it rolls round so this will be my first race. I think the picture of cakes sold it for me.:D

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »
    I'll probably be able for this by the time it rolls round so this will be my first race. I think the picture of cakes sold it for me.:D

Of course you will be able for the 5k corny, you have 7 weeks to train - the preparation for the post race creamy buns may take a little work ;)

Advertisement