Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin marathon 2011

Options
  • 18-01-2011 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭

I know it's very early to be talking about a marathon that is nearly 9 months away but 24000 of the 40000 spaces have already been snapped up

Entry fee hits 100 euro once they they 25000 entrants. It's currently 80. I wouldn't be surprised if this marathon reaches capacity in the next 2-3 months so if you are thinking about it sign up asap. I'm in myself

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 11 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    63%
    opusneilcTheRoadRunnerjb-skiliamo123RoverHoganPaulieYifter 7 votes
    3 stars (average)
    36%
    menoscemoeliwallachBrianderunnerMarthastew 4 votes
    2 stars (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    Already signed up since Oct in fact! I'm way too eager to have another crack at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'm in too. Sub3 or nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Hmmm, Barcelona, London, Dublin and Berlin marathons in one year has a nice ring to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

4 stars (good)
    opus wrote: »
    Already signed up since Oct in fact! I'm way too eager to have another crack at it :)

Good man Opus....hopefully our paths will cross this time and is wont piss rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

4 stars (good)
    i'm in for this also, with mrs.jb.

any suggestions for hotels?

(i know this was discussed last year, but i'd appreciate your opinions)

thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

jb-ski wrote: »
    i'm in for this also, with mrs.jb.

any suggestions for hotels?

(i know this was discussed last year, but i'd appreciate your opinions)

thanks.
    i stayed in an apartment last year and will be again this year in the mitte district,near the hackescher markt.highly reccomend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

I done d Berlin marathon las yr & stayed in The Maritim. Its quite close 2 the start of the marathon. Also all the elite runners were stayin in this hotel. I got a gud price 4 it. If u book early enough u shud do as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Any idea what hours the expo stays open for to collect race numbers? Am thinking of flying in the afternoon the day before...

4 stars (good)
    AngryLips wrote: »
    Any idea what hours the expo stays open for to collect race numbers? Am thinking of flying in the afternoon the day before...

The Expo closes at 6pm on Saturday 24th September...Im hopefully going 2 Expo on the Friday and will b able to pick up race no's if required.....

AngryLips wrote: »
    Der is a skating marathon on d day b4 d Berlin marathon & a lot of the streets r closed. We found it difficult enough gettin around & we arrived in Berlin @ bout 1. If u can get sum1 2 collect ur number if ur not goin 2 arrive til d afternoon it wud save u a lot of hassle. We ended up havin 2 walk a lot as well caus of d streets bn closed 4 d skatin marathon. And u dont want 2 b walkin a lot d day b4 d marathon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

I entered this in a fit of enthusiasm after the DCM last October but have hardly run since. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

4 stars (good)
    plodder wrote: »
    I entered this in a fit of enthusiasm after the DCM last October but have hardly run since. :(

you've got 9 months so start back monday Q.E.D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

4 stars (good)
    liamo123 wrote: »
    Good man Opus....hopefully our paths will cross this time and is wont piss rain :D

For sure! After another good soaking at the Waterford half last Sat (with added wind) I'm starting to wonder if it's me that attracts the rain :)

Krusty's suggested meeting place last year was a good spot but maybe just a bit early to be arranging it yet!
    psychozeb wrote: »
    i stayed in an apartment last year and will be again this year in the mitte district,near the hackescher markt.highly reccomend it.

I'll be going for an apartment as well as I'll probably drag a few friends along to make a long w/end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

liamo123 wrote: »
    The Expo closes at 6pm on Saturday 24th September...Im hopefully going 2 Expo on the Friday and will b able to pick up race no's if required.....

I didn't realise it was possible to have someone pick up your race number for you; I'm sorted in that case. Thanks though :)

It's months away but I'm looking forward to it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)
    Just entered for this.
    Bit of a joke that you have to pay an extra €20 for a finishers shirt, or have I messed up?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Just entered for this.
    Bit of a joke that you have to pay an extra €20 for a finishers shirt, or have I messed up?
    I done this marathon las yr & likewise I wanted the finishers T-shirt as a memento. I was sori I ordered it. They are just plain cotton t-shirts & wen I went to the expo to collect my number they had the climacool t-shirts for sale with finisher on it for 30euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Just entered for this.

Nope looks to be right, it's like booking a ryanair flight all the extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

3 stars (average)
    jacquib wrote: »
    . They are just plain cotton t-shirts & wen I went to the expo to collect my number they had the climacool t-shirts for sale with finisher on it for 30euro.

Agree.
    Last year I ordered the T-shirt with the registration, was quite disappointed with it ( I ordered a medium but [to quote my mother] it would fit Finn McCool). Haven't made the same mistake this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You can still order them for months afterwards, so personally I wouldn't bother.
    The 2009 t-shirt was a lot nicer than the 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Hi All,
    I just entered last night, Will be going over for 5 days with my wife and 2 teenagers, we will be looking to get an apartment, has anyone booked an apartment and have a website that they can reccommend, Really looking forward to it, Thanks,
    Gary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Cindyss wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I just entered last night, Will be going over for 5 days with my wife and 2 teenagers, we will be looking to get an apartment, has anyone booked an apartment and have a website that they can reccommend, Really looking forward to it, Thanks,
    Gary
    i've used booking.com for last year and also this year although most of the accomodation sites offer appartments there.heres a place a a lad from the club stayed in last year and they do family suites http://www.schoenhouse.de/default.aspx?lang=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

4 stars (good)
    Cindyss wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I just entered last night

You are lucky you entered, must have got one of the final spots. Marathon has sold out today. Only 1000 spots left for charity runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Cindyss

Ah sue fortune favours the brave, was supposed to do a climbing expidition but this fell thru so really wanted to do Berlin, right time and place, I am doing the Limerick and Dingle ( Easy long run ) Marathons so please god will be in good fettle for Berlin, Thanks Physcozeb for the information, Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

<snip> Damo80, could you please read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

3 stars (average)
    BMW Berlin Marathon website revamped (for the better).
    Can check participants based on several different criteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭anymore

plodder wrote: »
    Start entering shorter runs for the next few months and this will provide the motivation to get training - better still join a running club.
    After my first marathon in Dingle last year, I didnt think I would start again if I stopped so I kept entering marathons and have just run my fifth.
    I blame it all on the computer and internet - it is too easy to enter races !

4 stars (good)
    anymore wrote: »
    Start entering shorter runs for the next few months and this will provide the motivation to get training - better still join a running club.
    After my first marathon in Dingle last year, I didnt think I would start again if I stopped so I kept entering marathons and have just run my fifth.
    I blame it all on the computer and internet - it is too easy to enter races !

Yep Im in the exact same boat... If I dont keep entering marathons I'l get lazy and we can't b having that :)

eliwallach wrote: »
    BMW Berlin Marathon website revamped (for the better).
    Can check participants based on several different criteria.
    For some reason I was removed from the list on the revamped site :eek:...
    But contacted them and its sorted now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)
    shels4ever wrote: »
    For some reason I was removed from the list on the revamped site :eek:...
    But contacted them and its sorted now :)

I was the same a few hours ago but I just checked again and i reappeared.

BTW you are appearing there now as well. ;)

• Advertisement

I was the same a few hours ago but I just checked again and i reappeared.

BTW you are appearing there now as well. ;)
    That better not mean i'll have to run it twice... It will be a cold day in hell that I go furhter then 26.2m

Advertisement