Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wannabe Freemason is now a CT mod.

Options
  • 11-09-2010 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Ok, I love a joke now and again but seriously, what the f**k? Is this a really bad joke? Yehaks has been so openly critical of CTers and denies any and all CTs on that forum and now someone at the top as seen fit to make him a moderator.

As conspiracies go, this one is just so obvious it's not even funny. Great job, this whole website has just been sussed.

Obvious conspiracy is obvious.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

demonspawn wrote: »
    Ok, I love a joke now and again but seriously, what the f**k? Is this a really bad joke? Yehaks has been so openly critical of CTers and denies any and all CTs on that forum and now someone at the top as seen fit to make him a moderator.

As conspiracies go, this one is just so obvious it's not even funny. Great job, this whole website has just been sussed.

Obvious conspiracy is obvious.

First of all, having someone objective and not a CTer helps the range of moderatorship, just like there are non-muslim mods in Islam forum
    Secondly, go talk to a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Are you fuking serious? This is a joke right? One of the biggest skeptics/deniers on these forums is now a mod? Well, I think I'm just about done posting here. Good luck. Now I know this site is run by Freemasons. I start posting threads and stuff exposing them and all of a sudden a wannabe Freemason is a mod. Worst conspiracy ever, I'm outta here.

Change of heart eh ? Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Of all the people who regularly post in the CT forum, yekahs is probably the most moderate. It's a rare occasion where I fully agree with mods =p, but even I can see that he was the right choice for the job.

Would you prefer to have someone from the extreme of either side appointed? How would that benefit the forum? I think you're over-reacting big-time to this

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Great job, this whole website has just been sussed

In what way has the website been sussed?

I don't know what you are talking about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Hi Demonspawn,

Sorry to hear you didn't like the decision to make me a mod. But its really irrelevant what side of the spectrum you come from when it comes to being a mod. All you have to have is an ability to enforce the charter, regardless of who is breaking the rules.

I feel that I am objective in this regard. If you could see my reported post history, you would see that I have reported far far more posts from sceptics than proponents of CTs.

Also, you say I am not open to any CTs. This is simply not true. I have started threads which I put forward CTs. I have changed my viewpoints on a number of issues since I began posting here.

As for the freemason thing. I have been completely upfront about everything there. I have let the members of this forum know of my intentions before my family!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but all I can do is say, that I will aim to be completely objective in any mod decision I have to make, and I look forward to continuing to post on this forum and explore all the CTs I am interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

bluewolf wrote: »
    First of all, having someone objective and not a CTer helps the range of moderatorship, just like there are non-muslim mods in Islam forum
    Secondly, go talk to a doctor

No, not just like. Completely different.

There are muslim and non-muslim mods in Islam.

There is exclusively skeptic mods in conspiracy theories.

Edit. So there is no "range of moderatorship". It is fair to assume from your comments that you are in favour of a "range of moderatorshp" in the forum so for all intents and purposes you have agreed with the OT.

For what its worth however, I do think Yekahs will make a fair and capable mod - best of luck to you, genuinely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No, not just like. Completely different.

There are muslim and non-muslim mods in Islam.

There is exclusively skeptic mods in conspiracy theories.
    Ok, I didn't know that
    Edit. So there is no "range of moderatorship". It is fair to assume from your comments that you are in favour of a "range of moderatorshp" in the forum so for all intents and purposes you have agreed with the OT.

That there's a conspiracy and the website is run by freemasons? :D
    not a chance
    I'd agree with "guys I'm not happy with another skeptic mod maybe we could have a look at making a CT mod instead?" but not this

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

not a chance
    You *would* say that though, wouldn't you?!

/looks over shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

not a chance

There's a link to the Grand Lodge of Antrim in yekah's signature. There's a rumor that DeVore is a Freemason. You must think we're all thick or something.

There's a link to the Freemasons handbook in yekah's signature. There's a rumor that DeVore is a Freemason. You must think we're all thick or something.

Thick isn't the word that springs to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

on 9/11 no less, disaster.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Thick isn't the word that springs to mind.

Insults and mockery are the first defense, right? Make the person look foolish so others don't bother investigating. I know how it all works.

Actually, the lies are the first defense. Make yourselves look like some ordinary men's club, charitable and kind, when behind the scenes we know what really goes on. When the lies fail you resort to character assassination.

There's a link to the Grand Lodge of Antrim in yekah's signature. There's a rumor that DeVore is a Freemason. You must think we're all thick or something.

There's a rumour you're a freemason.

Fun, isn't it?
    And no, I think you have mental issues and I shouldn't be winding you up, but...

Make the person look foolish so others don't bother investigating. I know how it all works.

I don't think it's me that is making you look foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Insults and mockery are the first defense, right? Make the person look foolish so others don't bother investigating. I know how it all works.

Actually, the lies are the first defense. Make yourselves look like some ordinary men's club, charitable and kind, when behind the scenes we know what really goes on. When the lies fail you resort to character assassination.
    I don't think you answered his earlier question yet.

I wonder if demonspawn is in the freemasons and engaging in undercover anti-propaganda. You know, make the "everyone is in the freemasons!" people look like they're crazy, so nobody will accuse anyone of being in the freemasons.

Ok demonspawn, we're on to you now
    :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

yekahs wrote: »
    Hi Demonspawn,

Sorry to hear you didn't like the decision to make me a mod. But its really irrelevant what side of the spectrum you come from when it comes to being a mod. All you have to have is an ability to enforce the charter, regardless of who is breaking the rules.

I feel that I am objective in this regard. If you could see my reported post history, you would see that I have reported far far more posts from sceptics than proponents of CTs.

Also, you say I am not open to any CTs. This is simply not true. I have started threads which I put forward CTs. I have changed my viewpoints on a number of issues since I began posting here.

As for the freemason thing. I have been completely upfront about everything there. I have let the members of this forum know of my intentions before my family!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but all I can do is say, that I will aim to be completely objective in any mod decision I have to make, and I look forward to continuing to post on this forum and explore all the CTs I am interested in.

Good luck with the CT gig dude. I wouldn't waste any further keyboard strokes worrying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

With all due respect, the mental health of some posters would be better served by their access to this site being withdrawn, IMHO.

tbh wrote: »
    With all due respect, the mental health of some posters would be better served by their access to this site being withdrawn, IMHO.

And there it is, what we've all been waiting for.

• Advertisement

You can't silence me.

I have friends, you know. Friends in high places. Very high.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    You can't silence me.

I have friends, you know. Friends in high places. Very high.

Flying in planes? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look Tom the coppers warned you already not to be tricking your 'friends' into standing in the cage of a cherry picker and holding them hostage 20ft in the air.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Look Tom the coppers warned you already not to be tricking your 'friends' into standing in the cage of a cherry picker and holding them hostage 20ft in the air.

It was 40 foot and they went willingly.

Look at all the moderators and their fanboys here trying to discredit me. Anyone else see that as incredibly suspicious? I hope so. If what I'm saying had no truth they would have no interest in this thread, would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You seems to be expressing the belief that everyone is out to get you. Tell me, how long have you felt like this?

Look at all the moderators and their fanboys here trying to discredit me. Anyone else see that as incredibly suspicious? I hope so. If what I'm saying had no truth they would have no interest in this thread, would they?
    You posted a link to this thread, what else were we to do but follow it?

You seems to be expressing the belief that everyone is out to get you. Tell me, how long have you felt like this?
    Since his breakdown I would imagine
    Which makes me feel a little guilty
    but oh well

Nope, nobody is out to get me. I'm out to get you lot. Don't you see that? Freemasons and their kind are the scum of this Earth and their time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Nope, nobody is out to get me. I'm out to get amuse you lot. Don't you see that?
    Fixed that for you.

/conspiracy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look any group/society which refuses to reveal all their members and practices get slated.
    Too many people seem to think that every thing should be open and open to everyone like christianity and if they don't they get accused of all sorts.

Same things apply to those who are of a lineaged Wiccan tradition.
    Just cos they are select and occult (meaning hidden/secret knowledge) it doesn't mean they are up to nefarious deeds.

Everyone else please give over with implying they have some sort of mental illness.
    It is personal abuse and denigrating to those who do have mental illnesses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement