Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing the Kona dream and a Mai Tai cocktail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Mad that you are still on the turbo. I've avoided all turbo for the last few weeks. Have 3*10 min FTP on the schedule tomorrow... I can see that happening alright :rolleyes:

Whats the 'open' wave about? Old man Abhainn will be off a while after us so he may not have the pleasure of actually passing us on the course... It will be doubly sickening if he does in fact! So looks like its down to you to get the first beers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Waves were done by AG last year in Calella. There may be a fast wave that people can get in to but not sure. The website is pretty crap as is the level of English when you get over there. I spent ages at registration trying to answer some questions as I didn't speak Spanish. Eventually an American told me they were asking how many nights I was staying and how many people travelled with me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Mad that you are still on the turbo. I've avoided all turbo for the last few weeks. Have 3*10 min FTP on the schedule tomorrow... I can see that happening alright :rolleyes:

Whats the 'open' wave about? Old man Abhainn will be off a while after us so he may not have the pleasure of actually passing us on the course... It will be doubly sickening if he does in fact! So looks like its down to you to get the first beers ;)

Dark evenings creeping in so there will be a lot of turboing going on. SIU buttercup and get your 3*10 in today:)
    Not sure about open wave as it was AG starts in the half last year, i am assuming the same again this year. No matter what way you look at it old man Abhainn will be passing us iregardless of a head start, he is fast!! Sub 9:30 i predict for the old man....no pressure:cool:
    pgibbo wrote: »
    Waves were done by AG last year in Calella. There may be a fast wave that people can get in to but not sure. The website is pretty crap as is the level of English when you get over there. I spent ages at registration trying to answer some questions as I didn't speak Spanish. Eventually an American told me they were asking how many nights I was staying and how many people travelled with me. :)

Open wave makes no sense, this should be my last race as a 30-34. Moving on up.

Weight watch
    19-09 - 67.2kg / 0.3kg w/loss
    12-09 - 67.5kg / 1.2kg w/loss
    05-09 - 68.7kg / 0.9kg w/loss
    29-08 - 69.6kg / no w/loss
    22-08 - 69.6kg / 0.5kg w/loss
    15-08 - 70.1kg / 0.2kg w/loss
    09-08 - 70.3kg / 0.6kg w/loss
    02-08 - 70.9kg

Really appreciate not over indulging for next time, near 4kg shifting off was very hard work!! Happy with where weight is at now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Weight watch
    02-08 - 70.9kg

Really appreciate not over indulging for next time, near 4kg shifting off was very hard work!! Happy with where weight is at now.

Do you think you have more to go here in a perfect world, finally getting close to 75kgs again after the Humbert and holidays and then I see Gibbo in his watts and average post say hes 70kgs. I am about 5'10 and he has at least an inch if not two on me, doesn't look too skinny either - it sickens me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭BennyMul

catweazle wrote: »
    Do you think you have more to go here in a perfect world, finally getting close to 75kgs again after the Humbert and holidays and then I see Gibbo in his watts and average post say hes 70kgs. I am about 5'10 and he has at least an inch if not two on me, doesn't look too skinny either - it sickens me :mad:

Im the same on 75kg and similar height, I know there is a bit to go but no matter what I do, it does not move. fecking depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭griffin100

Jaysus and I felt good about hitting 82kgs for the first time in over a decade until I read these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Eh, eh, no, I'll stay away.......

Ideally 66kg feels about right for me so about a kg over ideal race weight target, i am 5ft 7 whilst short i am not the gnome Tunney makes me out to be. I did get down to 65kg last year but did not feel strong at that weight.

Edit to say for those struggling to shift the last few lbs, a food diary for a few weeks will open your eyes.
    Eh, eh, no, I'll stay away.......
    You need to eat some more, you are lighter than my eldest son:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ideally 66kg feels about right for me so about a kg over ideal race weight target, i am 5ft 7 whilst short i am not the gnome Tunney makes me out to be. I did get down to 65kg last year but did not feel strong at that weight.

I'm 5ft 10, three inches is HUGE. Makes you really short. At least that's what Michelle said. oh no wait...... maybe she was talking about something else.

tunney wrote: »
    I'm 5ft 10, three inches is HUGE. Makes you really short. At least that's what Michelle said. oh no wait...... maybe she was talking about something else.

Not a chance you are 5 10 and 3 inches taller than me, perhaps when wearing Glenda's high heels you are.

• Advertisement

Not a chance you are 5 10 and 3 inches taller than me, perhaps when wearing Glenda's high heels you are.

Interesting that you focused on that part of my post.......

I look shorter cause I'm fatter :)

Interesting that you focused on that part of my post.......

I look shorter cause I'm fatter :)

I focussed on that part because it was untrue the rest is true:) Well if you keep eating Burger Kings (i have photo proof) you will not lose much weight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

Weight watch
    02-08 - 70.9kg

BennyMul wrote: »
    Im the same on 75kg and similar height, I know there is a bit to go but no matter what I do, it does not move. fecking depressing.
    griffin100 wrote: »
    Jaysus and I felt good about hitting 82kgs for the first time in over a decade until I read these posts.

I'm starting to see where I might be going wrong trying to drag my 90kg of lard around :eek:

I focussed on that part because it was untrue the rest is true:) Well if you keep eating Burger Kings (i have photo proof) you will not lose much weight!!

you mean the burger king i had before i infinitely crushed you in Roth??
    Burger king or prawns????????

RedB wrote: »
    I'm starting to see where I might be going wrong trying to drag my 90kg of lard around :eek:

Yip. Weight important - not just in performance but enjoyment.

Is that what you are - I thought you looked a different man in those IM Austria photos than when I saw you the previous year. You looked well in shape to me anyways

Yip that's what MrsB says alright ;) - though she prefers the fuller figure to the bag of bones :D

Thats a lot to be shifting around although from your race photos i would not have put you down as 90kg.
    you mean the burger king i had before i infinitely crushed you in Roth??
    Burger king or prawns????????
    Burger King would have been safer than prawns. I think we both know how that race would have finished in different circumstances. I fear it was my one and only opportunity to give you a beatdown that is unless you are going with the same training plan/approach for next year:)
    +1 on this i can safely say until i got back under 70kg i was not enjoying training in particular running. All you have to do is take a look back to early August to see how bad my running was/felt.
    Weight can have a huge bearing on things, take power on the bike for example. At my weight pushing out IM paced effort at 200w for a 2.98 w/kg would equate to a 90kg person having to push out 268w to achieve the same power to weight ratio. 68w required, thats a lot.

You need to eat some more, you are lighter than my eldest son:)

I'm actually the same weight you were when you decided you needed to lose weight :o . However, I have an extra 6 :eek: inches to justify it!!

Thats a lot to be shifting around although from your race photos i would not have put you down as 90kg.

To be fair to RedB he must be 6'3/4. Hes a very tall man.

Actually, I'd love to see a pic of you both together. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Dark evenings creeping in so there will be a lot of turboing going on. SIU buttercup and get your 3*10 in today:)
    Not sure about open wave as it was AG starts in the half last year, i am assuming the same again this year. No matter what way you look at it old man Abhainn will be passing us iregardless of a head start, he is fast!! Sub 9:30 i predict for the old man....no pressure:cool:

If herself is home by 6:15 tonight I will road it for 90 mins, otherwise turbo out front of the house:(
    Not a snow balls chance in hell on a 9:30. I can't get rid of these 2kg's. But swimming times continue to fall. Probably means my run time will suffer
    Might lay off any beers this weekend.

One possible positive... I found on one web site that weather is predicted with rain and 19c on the 30th
    Open wave makes no sense, this should be my last race as a 30-34. Moving on up.

Weight watch
    02-08 - 70.9kg

That is some weight loss. Your some buck

6' 2.5" or about 1.89m. There's plenty taller with less weight so I can't really play the big boned card. I was probably 'race weight' of 87kg for IMAT.

Either way I can see myself being sent up front by JB to shelter the group if it turns windy at DCM :P

6' 2.5" or about 1.89m. There's plenty taller with less weight so I can't really play the big boned card. I was probably 'race weight' of 87kg for IMAT.

Either way I can see myself being sent up front by JB to shelter the group if it turns windy at DCM :P

Perfect time for that photo!!

And was that you pre race or post race weight, as I'd imagine there was some difference!

Actually, I'd love to see a pic of you both together. :pac:

I will be staying well away from him at DCM otherwise i will look like a gnome.
    Abhainn wrote: »
    If herself is home by 6:15 tonight I will road it for 90 mins, otherwise turbo out front of the house:(
    Not a snow balls chance in hell on a 9:30. I can't get rid of these 2kg's. But swimming times continue to fall. Probably means my run time will suffer
    Might lay off any beers this weekend.

One possible positive... I found on one web site that weather is predicted with rain and 19c on the 30th

That is some weight loss. Your some buck

Rain on the run would be most welcome. Not an excessive weight loss but a controlled one of 3.7kg over 7 weeks. Bloody tough work though.

I have found your role for DCM, the wind blocker:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ideally 66kg feels about right for me so about a kg over ideal race weight target, i am 5ft 7 whilst short
    Youre the same height as Kate Moss. She weighs about 45kg, but I bet she can't run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Oryx wrote: »
    Youre the same height as Kate Moss. She weighs about 45kg, but I bet she can't run.

I wonder what her race weight is! I believe shes a fan of the coke in events too. Ive read she says it perks her right up for the final stages to get her over the line

Oryx wrote: »

Nell McAndrew is a little taller but she can run, did a 2.54 at London at this year

Cue gratuitous shot of Nell and her pacer group crossing the finishing line :p

nellnakedrunPA_450x441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

You and me both! I've struggled to shift anything and am resigned to being 'big boned'!
    Nell McAndrew is a little taller but she can run, did a 2.54 at London at this year

Cue gratuitous shot of Nell and her pacer group crossing the finishing line :p

nellnakedrunPA_450x441.jpg

Why are they all wearing the same number? ;)

Why are they all wearing the same number? ;)

And who got the job of applying it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Id rather the job of washing it off....

Advertisement