Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself for 2010/2011

Options
  • 03-08-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I guess its nearly time to start one of these threads again. Just a basic introduction for old and new UCD students

Name: David B.

Year/Course: Finished my BA in 2009 and the MA is soon to be finished in 2 weeks :) The week after I'm starting my final year in UCD doing the Postgraduate Diploma in Education, teaching in Ballinteer for my practice.

Societies/Clubs/interests: Went to a few History Soc events and played Cricket for UCD, thats about it. From Dublin so involved in sports and voluntary activites outside of UCD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Good start David!

Name: Simon T.

Year/Course: BSc in Statistics from 2003 to 2006. Didn't get into 4th Year. One year looking for work. Higher Diploma in Statistics 2007/08. Two more years looking for work. Now starting the MA Qualifier in Economics 2010/11. All at UCD.

Societies/Clubs/Interests: UCD Ninjutsu club 7 years. UCD Shaolin Kung Fu club 6 years. Like a lot of students I had some work as an extra on The Tudors last summer and one day on Camelot this summer. If you were working the same day as me you might recognise me - long hair, beard, twin brother.

From: Dublin. Grew up in Rome, Dublin, The Hague, Dublin, Vienna, Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Well I post here all the time even though I'm finished... I think that entitles me to an introduction!;)

Name: Rory F.

Year/Course: Like DB, finished my BA in Geography in 2009, currently finishing an MSc in Environmental Science in TCD and should be starting a PhD in QUB near the end of September. Don't think I'll ever get out of college!

Societies/Clubs/interests: Again like DB, went to a few History Soc events. I never played sport or that but want to get back into soccer when I go up north. Interested in history, science etc... I also used to give grinds, recently did that for TCD GAA Access Programme at Na Fianna. From Laois, but I used to live in Kildare and Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Name: Aonghus Collins

Year/Course: Going into 4th year Theoretical Physics after a taking a year out to sit 2 exams at Christmas. Rassa-frassa.

Societies: As a past auditor, I'm a lifetime member of Gamesoc. I'll probably join other socs for free shit.

Did eveyone else in the thread start university when they were 17? Two people with masters at 21, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah I did my leaving when I was 17 and a half. Had no interest in doing 4th year. Same for El Siglo afaik

• Advertisement

Name: Ciaran K

Year/Course: Have a degree in Theoretical Physics and currently in my second year of a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics.

Societies/Clubs/interests: Squash/Tennis/Football

Slippers 2 wrote: »
    Did eveyone else in the thread start university when they were 17? Two people with masters at 21, wow.

Yeh we're class! We're here to fuck shit up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Name: Conor.

Course: Going in to my second year of Science (Kinda.....) doing Chemistry and Computer Science. Will probably do a single major in CS, also debating the idea of dropping Chem and taking up stats....

Socs/Whatever: Didn't really get involved much last year, want to get involved in debating (mebbeh), a sport of some description (Kayaking probably) and writing for the Observer. Will be doing the Cycle To Galway again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Chris

Second Law

Lawsoc debates convenor... (Conor if you wanna get involved...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭NiamhTCD

El Siglo wrote: »
    Yeh we're class! We're here to fuck shit up!:D

What exactly is it you are here to fcuk up ? your life by doing a degree you dislike?

• Advertisement

NiamhTCD wrote: »
    What exactly is it you are here to fcuk up ? your life by doing a degree you dislike?

FFS:rolleyes:

I have my degree, a good one at that. When you have yours come back and troll again soon!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Name: Breezer - I like my anonymity:p

Year/Course: Final (6th) Year Medicine

Societies/Clubs/Interests: Planning on rejoining UCD Snowsports this year. I used to be very involved, considered running for a committee post in the past but never did. Then my course got hectic and my funds went south so skiing fell by the wayside. I probably won't know anyone when I rejoin so if anyone on here is an active member say hi please! :)

Was also a MedSoc class rep (not an SU one) a few years back and was involved with MSVS (Med Students Volunteering Society) for a couple of years, to which I also plan on returning. Will make an appearance at VegSoc stuff this year. Technically in YFG but was never very active and the party has been annoying me lately, so I'll be reconsidering that one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Name: Kate

Course: Going into second year arts. Majoring in Sociology with a minor in psychology.

Societies/Clubs: Didn't really do anything last year. Wanted to join photosoc but there was none, if there's one this year I'll join it. Planning on taking up some form of sport too.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Name: Jack Bracken

Course: Going into second year of computer science.

Societies/clubs/interests: Last year I went to a few canoe club meets and got bored. Thinking of joining the cycling club this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Name: Ciaran K

Year/Course: Have a degree in Theoretical Physics and currently in my second year of a PhD in Theoretical Astrophysics.

Fcuk me thats incredible as is everyone elses stats on here, im massively impressed and not a little bit intimidated.

Name: Chris C.

Year/Course: Just gone back to college as a mature student last year, going into second year arts (single major archaeology).

Societies/clubs/interests: Joined the archaeology soc committee for this coming year and hoping to get into the sub aqua club but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Name: David

Course: Going into second year Mathematical Science

Societies etc.: Couldn't be arsed with them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Name: Pigeon

Year/ Course: 2nd Year Physics

Clubs/ Societies/ Interests: Meh! I joined plenty of clubs last years, didn't partake in any. Might try to be a little be more active in Gamesoc or join the new physics-soc. I'm interested in science, maths, history, politics and the occasionally sports. But, meh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Name: Alan H.

Course: 2nd year[kinda] Animal Science

Societies/Interests: Well,I'm CCG's officer for Gamesoc this year,so uhm... that and probably a fair bit with Sci Fi as well.[if you need nerddom,gimme a call :pac:]

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Name: Anne-Marie

Course: 3rd Law with History...I'm too young to be this far into college!

Societies: Gamesoc mainly.I'm the secretary this year,so Alan doesn't have the monopoly on the nerddom.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

im Kev

im 21

going into 3rd Arts, major in Music, minor in Information Studies

i refuse to get involved in societies purely because i never wanna be one of those annoying people in the fresher's tent! although i am being an orientation guide so thats the closest i'll ever get to anything official in UCD :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Name: Bobby

Course: 1st year Social Science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭The_Joker.

Bobby42 wrote: »
    Name: Bobby

Course: 1st year Social Science

Hello Bobby!
    bobbyhill.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The_Joker. wrote: »
    Hello Bobby!
    bobbyhill.jpg
    Ok, bored with your trolling now. Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

Name: Vicecreamsundae [i like my anonymity too!]

Course: Starting my Masters in Library and Information Studies in September, full time for a year

hoping to get involved in a few socs -maybe some sort of self defense class and i'll see what else there is. as a masters student, i'm not technically "invited" to orientation, but i might go in a few days that week anyway to suss these things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Name: Eilís

Course: Finished my BA in English and Geography in UCD this year. Going back to do a Masters in Geography this September.:D

Societies etc: Didn't really get involved in any of the societies or sports. I just join for the goodie bag!

i'm not technically "invited" to orientation, but i might go in a few days that week anyway to suss these things out.

Most recruiting for clubs and socs takes place during Freshers' Week which is the second week of lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

Name: Roberta

Course: Msc Humanitarian Action

Clubs/Societies: Hoping to give ladies rugby a try if it doesnt hurt too much :) Maybe soccer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Louise, 20, 2nd year actuary.

Can't wait to get back actually!

Name: Conor

Course: 2nd year Mathematical Science.

Socs: Hopefully NetSoc or something like that but I don't have much time since for 'em since I commute to college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Name: Peter Cosgrave

Course: 3rd Year Physics with Astronomy & Space Science

Societies/Clubs/Hobbies: Pretty much interested in anything sport or computer related. Also I'm the treasurer for the Tennis Club this year. So beware, I'll be making you join at the beginning of semester. :p

Advertisement