Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Inception' Mega Thread *SPOILERS FROM POST 292 ONWARDS*

Options
  • 24-08-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭

It's hard to decipher just what exactly it's all about. For those of you who don't know, Inception is directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars Leonardo Di Caprio, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ken Watanbe, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Ellen Page and Tom Berenger.

Inception is described as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Inception is described as "a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind."
    The Matrix! :p

Looks interesting.
    *prepares to love Hans Zimmer even more*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Nolan hasn't really made a dud yet, has he. This is bound to be very, very good (/crosses fingers).

Super cast too.

EDIT/ About Zimmer, he needs to get back on form I reckon (not counting Batman seeing as that was a collaboration). He hasn't done a standout score in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The trailer is excellent and has me very excited about seeing this. I just wish they wouldn't show trailers this far in advance. It is probably still 12 months away.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not released til next July but..

"Directed by Christopher Nolan"

That's all I needed to see! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Ohh my gawd. That looks ****ing brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Great director. Great cast.

Long wait :(

Anyone else think the music in the trailer was really Terminator-esque?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Some more information about the story and characters via io9.com:
    Leonardo DiCaprio has thus far only been described as a CEO and our first glimpse of his character in the new Inception trailer showed a mildly skittish person, but revealed little more.

Incontention reveals, based on an inside source who's read the script, that Leo's character Cobb is also a thief. Cobb "dives," (perhaps this was what all the water was about) into people's dreams to get information.

Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's Arthur and Tom Hardy's Eames are all a part of Cobbs business team. Together they create and manipulate your dreams, Ellen Page's character Ariadne is an dream engineer of sorts.

The way someone enters another dream is via injection. Which means they can enter dreams from wherever they are, shots being portable.

But the biggest spoiler of them all happens after Cobb and his wife end up trapped in the dream world and his wife tries to convince him to stay in the dream world even though he wants to go back to be with his family. Somehow Cobb's wife ends up committing suicide in the dream world in an attempt to try and get back to the real world — not sure what changed her mind. But as urban myth goes, if you die in your dreams, you die in real life. And Cobb wakes up accused of the murder of his wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Chris Nolan + Leonardo Di Caprio, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ken Watanbe, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine and Ellen Page has to be good - teaser trailer dont give much away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Morning all, the new trailer for Chris Nolan's Inception is out but it's in French :(

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43466

Looks amazing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Indeed it does, I read a bit about the central idea online of
    being able to enter people's dreams and steal their subconcious ideas
    and could be the next matrix :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 free gaff?

merci

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Dark City - redux?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

To be honest, Christopher Nolan could make a film about a man taking a sh!t on a plate, and Id still pay to see it, such is my trust in him. Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Archimedes wrote: »
    To be honest, Christopher Nolan could make a film about a man taking a sh!t on a plate, and Id still pay to see it, such is my trust in him. Cant wait.

Heh, a big budget version of 1 Man 1 Jar :eek: with plenty of twists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

With this and Shutter Island, looks like two mind ****s with DiCaprio in the same year.

This looks great, and thankfully seems to want to retain some mystery, unlike most trailers

Looks very good alright..

Until looking at the IMDb page, I didn't realise how much of an impressive cast this had: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger and Michael Caine.

basquille wrote: »

Until looking at the IMDb page, I didn't realise how much of an impressive cast this had: Leonardo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger and Michael Caine.

Going to be nice seeing Tom Berenger back on the big screen, one of those actors whom got a raw deal and is fully deserving of a comeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Wow!

Im off to watch the trailer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nolan hasnt made a bad movie yet, in fact he has made 3 of my favourites of all time (Prestige, Dark Knight and of course Memento!).

But this trailer looks like it's kicking things up a level!

is that Nolan himself falling backwards off the chair at 0:56?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Top Drawer lead, top drawer director, top drawer cast, between this and Shutter Island, 2010 is gonna be a good year for DiCaprio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭jackson2009

looks SICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Wow, just wow. When is this coming out?

Patricide wrote: »
    Wow, just wow. When is this coming out?
    Think I saw June 2010 as a release date somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Think I saw June 2010 as a release date somewhere.

According to IMDB the US release date is July 16, they don't list a UK date.

I agree totally with something said above, in that it really retains a sense of mystery. Have no idea what it's about and I hope it's a case of not knowing too much going in to see it as well.

Think I mentioned in a different Inception thread, have to love the Terminator-esque sound effects towards the end, very atmospheric!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well colour me intrigued; Ted, I have no idea what's going on.

Inevitably, I presume there'll be a second trailer that gives the entire plot away, but for now I am utterly baffled as to what this movie could be about. I suppose Nolan is (for now) using his new clout to keep people guessing. My favorite of his is still The Prestige

Oh and I'm still not sure where I stand with Ellen Page; she's a bit too Katie Holmes for me, she looks too cute & twee to take seriously as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well colour me intrigued; Ted, I have no idea what's going on.

Inevitably, I presume there'll be a second trailer that gives the entire plot away, but for now I am utterly baffled as to what this movie could be about. I suppose Nolan is (for now) using his new clout to keep people guessing. My favorite of his is still The Prestige

Oh and I'm still not sure where I stand with Ellen Page; she's a bit too Katie Holmes for me, she looks too cute & twee to take seriously as a character.

em...did you see her in Hard Candy by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

fluke wrote: »
    em...did you see her in Hard Candy by any chance?

LOL she was a headcase in that flick! I like her. Cast is a win here. cant wait to get out of work to check out this trailer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Looks pretty slick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

If it was anyone else I would be looking forward to this but because its Nolan I can't wait and get more excited each time I watch the trailer.

Opr

Advertisement