Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Grim. wrote: »
    awesome last three laps great battle for third

Absolutly great finish to the race for Rossi battling with Lorenzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

lol at the **** coming from lorenzo and yamaha about this ****heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I didn't get a chance to get a preview done for this weekend so apologies to anyone expecting it!

Opening practices were fairly interesting with Rossi looking strong again. Sepang has always been one of his favourite tracks so he'll be gunning for a win. Stoner had a crash this morning but seemed to react pretty well to it.

I've a MotoGP, Moto2 and 125 report on my site.

After the washout of F1 qualifying it was great to see some action on track in Sepang! Good sessions that should set up nicely for tomorrow's race(their on a bit later than usual to avoid a clash with the F1, which is always good!)

We could quite easily have two new world champions tomorrow with Toni Elias close to securing a first title and Lorenzo only needing to finish in the top ten to add a premier class title to his two 250cc titles.

The 125's are a different story though and should go the distance. Marquez looked as strong as ever but hopefully Terol and Espargaro can keep him honest tomorrow.

Qualifying reports for 125, Moto2 and MotoGP are on my site.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Great race! Phenomenal stuff from Rossi today, Dovi too. Congrats to Lorenzo on becoming World Champion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Great to see Rossi back at the top, already looking forward to next year, should be a cracker! :D

Vintage Rossi today in Malaysia.
    So-so qualifying for him and a lousy start ending the first lap in eleventh position but battling all the way to first position, showing why he's a 7 time Motogp world champion with over 100 career wins to date.
    Roll on next season can't wait to see what Rossi can do with the Ducati

pdbhp wrote: »
    Vintage Rossi today in Malaysia

That was the best I've seen Rossi race since Laguna Seca 08, unbelievable performance. To come back like he did was terrific.

Great races in all three classes and delighted to see Elias finally win a title!

frostie500 wrote: »
    That was the best I've seen Rossi race since Laguna Seca 08, unbelievable performance. To come back like he did was terrific.

Great races in all three classes and delighted to see Elias finally win a title!

Totally deserved from the well liked Spaniard, people seem to forget that he has such pedigree and has beaten Rossi in races, top rider, congratulations to him.

pdbhp wrote: »
    Totally deserved from the well liked Spaniard, people seem to forget that he has such pedigree and has beaten Rossi in races, top rider, congratulations to him.

I'll never forget Estoril in 06 when he beat Rossi on a satallite Honda in probably one the best races I've ever seen. I always liked Elias from when he started and remember him challenging for the 125 title in 2001 on the Telefonica Honda(with an impressive Pedrosa as his teammate) then moving to Aspar and 250s with Foznzi Nieto as his teammate. His style and determination on a bike needed to be rewarded with a title but with only a Pramac Ducati available in MotoGP for next season its unlikely that dominating in Moto2 will be rewarded with a return to the top class

• Advertisement

I'll never forget Estoril in 06 when he beat Rossi on a satallite Honda in probably one the best races I've ever seen. I always liked Elias from when he started and remember him challenging for the 125 title in 2001 on the Telefonica Honda(with an impressive Pedrosa as his teammate) then moving to Aspar and 250s with Foznzi Nieto as his teammate. His style and determination on a bike needed to be rewarded with a title but with only a Pramac Ducati available in MotoGP for next season its unlikely that dominating in Moto2 will be rewarded with a return to the top class

There'd be no point in Elias returning to the Motogp class unless there was a competitive bike for him to ride, which is a shame as he is a top rider and as you said Estoril 06 was Elias at his best showing why he deserved to ride in Motogp. Just hope that people are taking note of his performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Haha,Rossi had to steal a little of Lorenzos glory, good man.

So after the excitment of Sepang we move onto Philip Island. This is probably my favourite race of the season, each year we get close fields. The 01 race was one of the best I've ever seen, or 03 when Rossi won after being given a 10 second penalty for passing under yellows.

Hopefully with Lorenzo free from the pressures of winning the title we can see a battle for the win with Lorenzo, Rossi, Stoner, Dovizioso and Pedrosa(massive ask considering his injuries but you gotta live in hope!)

I've a full preview on the site

fairly boring race apart from the rossi hayden battle but fair play to stoner i knew he was going to win at the island from the start of the year but his pace this weekend was awesome well deserved win

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Shame stoner is such a piss kidney. He has really taken over from Biaggi in the 'blaming everything else except myself' department.

Shame stoner is such a piss kidney. He has really taken over from Biaggi in the 'blaming everything else except myself' department.

Well said sir! Stoners is always at it, if it's not the tyre technician getting it wrong then it's the swing arm or some crap. Be interesting to see how he fares next season at Honda with Pedrosa they can have a little whinge after each race when Rossi or Lorenzo knock the stuffing out of them.

Horrible conditions in Portugal! Rain and high winds, massive challenge for the riders. 125cc practice, report here, has just ended with only 12 riders officially classified, the rest were outside the 107% time!

MotoGP practice was a disaster only Aoyama completed a lap! Conditions are pretty terrible-its darker in Portugal now than when it was in Korea last weekend according to the photographers!

Conditions improved a bit for Moto2 but it was still awful! Eight riders stayed in their garages during the session.

This picture of Gadea just before turning into turn 1 gives some indication of how the conditions were:
    gadea-estoril1.jpg

toby moody posted a video on his twitter of the rain out there very heavy rivers of water running of the top of the ducati hospitality

the weather here is nearly as bad atm

• Advertisement

place is under water again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Will there be a race tomorrow?

Trekmad wrote: »
    Will there be a race tomorrow?

The weather isnt great but the expectation is that the race will go ahead on time, otherwise it will be a Monday race, like Qatar in 08

Unreal racing in Moto2 today! Best race of the season and arguably the best GP since Estoril 2006

Main race is shapeing up to be interesting too.:)

Battle for 3rd was good to watch.

1st and 2nd
    textbook Yamaha lockout

missed the races today only have only seen the 125 race so far but Marquez is in a different league to anyone in that class what a performance

rossi-valencia2.jpg?w=940&h=198&crop=1

My MotoGP preview is online now. Really looking forward to this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

rossi-valencia1.jpg?w=940&h=198&crop=1

I really hope so:D

Nice article BTW

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

not expecting Rossi to do much this weekend Valencia has always been his bogey track stoner could be hard to stop though if he is in the mood

anyone else looking forward to Tuesday and Wednesday more than the race :P

Advertisement