Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOTO GP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Grim. wrote: »
    Shoya Tomizawa Died at 2:15pm

RIP
    just feel sick

Just seen that on the net there terrible news 20 years old and another big Japanese talent sadly taken.
    Never good to see a rider die RIP Shoya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Terrible news, its always awful to lose any rider but for it to happen so soon after the tradgedy at Indy compounds it even more.

Coming into the season Shoya was a complete unknown but he was unquestionably the surprise package of the season. After winning the first race of Moto2 we all took notice of Shoya for his brave and attacking style of riding, such a shame to lose such an exciting and talented rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

terrible week for bike racing

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

RIP Shoya Tomizawa.
    I just heard the tragic news. Fortunately I didn't see the accident. He was only 19, a year older than myself, a terrible loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Very sad news :(

• Advertisement

still in shock i am a massive tomizawa fan like most and im just in shock cant believe his gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

R.I.P Tomizawa. Shocking crash

• Registered Users Posts: 13,950 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

R.I.P Tomizawa,

Horrible horrible tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Horrific accident. May he RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

tragic news, i didnt see the moto2, but it was upsetting to see the moto gp riders come back to the pits and be told the news,
    rip shoya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

R.I.P Tomizawa. Absolute tragedy!

I hope DeAngelis and Redding are okay too, no where for them to go when Tomizawa came off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Watched in on youtube, don't know what I was expecting. Seems the videos are being pulled within a couple of minutes of going up, but the marshalling was just stupid.

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

caught a bit of it live on BBC this morning (just the crash with no commentary), and youtubed it again thire a few minutes ago, shocking. Sent a condolence message on the MotoGP site, RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,092 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Only hearing about this now, don't think I want to see the video

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

RIP Shoya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Missed the race today, girlfriend just told me what happened. One of the worst motorsport accidents ive ever seen.

a very eerie photo of Shoya Tomizawa with Daijiro Kato

http://twitpic.com/2mgy0k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Insiders View of the accident and the response. Excellent and sad read http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/3031

Great write up by Toby Moody as always

• Advertisement

The new Aragon circuit in Spain hosts MotoGP this weekend. Should be a good race, the new track looks pretty exciting.

My Preview is now online

from motomatters.com
    Dorna have just announced that Shoya Tomizawa is to receive a very special tribute from the MotoGP paddock. The Moto2 rider, who was killed in a tragic accident at Misano two weeks' ago, is to have his number retired from the Moto2 championship and has been posthumously awarded the Michel Metraux trophy for the best Moto2 rider of the year. Below is the official press release:

MotoGP honours Shoya Tomizawa's memory

Just under two weeks on from the tragic death of Shoya Tomizawa, winner of the inaugural Moto2 race in Qatar in April of this year and who passed away at the Misano World Circuit on Sunday 5th September, a number of official tributes have been decided upon to honour the Japanese rider.

The entire MotoGP World Championship has reconvened in the Paddock at Aragón in Spain this weekend for the first time since Shoya's untimely passing, and is united in its wishes to ensure that the popular rider's memory is honoured. Many inside the Paddock have been making their own gestures with Shoya's Technomag-CIP team displaying a miniature version of his bike in the team garage and a large number of riders wearing the Japanese rider's number 48 on their leathers, helmets or bikes.

In Thursday's official pre-event press conference Moto2 Championship leader Toni Elías suggested that his fellow riders vote for Shoya as the recipient of this season's Michel Métraux trophy, and they have done so unanimously. The award recognises the best rider in the category as selected by his competitors and Michel Metraux’s son Olivier will present the trophy to Shoya's family at the next Grand Prix in Japan, after IRTA collected the votes at Aragón on Friday morning.

It has also been decided that in recognition of Shoya's contribution to the sport his number 48 will be retired from the Moto2 World Championship, and his family will receive a memorial plaque with his number on it.

On Sunday, following the MotoGP warm up session for the Gran Premio A-Style de Aragón and at a time yet to be confirmed, the MotoGP community will gather on the main start/finish straight of the circuit where a minute's silence will be held as a final farewell to Shoya, who was laid to rest in Japan earlier this week.

Good days racing, the 125 race was awesome with Terol and Espargaro. Moto2 was surprisingly flat though for a change with the MotoGP probably one of the best of the year.

The new circuit seemed to go down well with the riders and looks like it could become a permanent addition to the calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

I'd say Vale was pleased with the performance of the Duc's!

seems Rossi is thinking about taking the final two races of the year off to get his arm sorted

Grim. wrote: »
    seems Rossi is thinking about taking the final two races of the year off to get his arm sorted

He should end his season now in my view, if he isnt going to be allowed to test for Ducati after Valencia he has no reason to risk further injury and the sooner he has the surgery the sooner he gets fully fit for 2011. It would be a very tough decision for Vale though-his fast return from his leg fractures show just how much he enjoys racing and riding his bike but I think he needs to balance his desire to race right now with his desire to win next year

I started doing this after the F1 race at Monza and after positive feedback I've decided to keep it going. Basically I'm writing about five things that occured to me throughout last weekend's race and any stories that came up in MotoGP over the last few days.

Five things I think following MotoGP’s first visit to Aragon

With the ash could cleared MotoGP can finally head to the far-east! My preview is online here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Rossi fastest off the mark in Motegi, Pedrosa injured his left collarbone and will not be racing on Sunday effectively handing the championship to Lorenzo

• Advertisement

awesome last three laps great battle for third

Advertisement