Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CrossFit Ireland Fitness Invitational, Sept 19th

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Following on from the great success of the last Invitational Competition we hosted, we're excited to announce the date for the next fun, friendly and challenging fundraiser!

The date we've set aside is Saturday, September 19th and we're hoping for the same format as May - 3 short, tough workouts that'll separate the fit from the less fit :P

If you're interested in taking part, or want to know more, you can contact me (info at crossfit dot ie / 086-8151092) or Tom (tom at crossfit dot ie/086-6077771).

Even if you've never trained in CrossFit, this is a great opportunity for you to try a whole new way of working out, talk with Ireland's fittest and strongest, have great craic with a whole bunch of great people to boot.

We'll reveal more details as we get closer, but in the meantime, get training!

Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I have on request???

Can you provide sick bags and water!!!

Prodigy on the 18th CrossFit on the 19th:D:D:D:D:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Prodigy on the 18th CrossFit on the 19th

Man, you lose a piece of your soul if you do this **** hungover. It's one of the most miserable experiences ever, just so ya know :p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

If I'm fully rehabbed by this stage I'll be there. Best of luck in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

you know i will be there - just itching for it!!

Will be bringing a good few clients also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Seriously bad buzz on it being the day before my bench comp!!!

I'll be up supporting anyway. The last one was quality and if anyone lives anywher close to Dublin they should get their ass to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Count me in.

BossArky wrote: »
    Count me in.

OMFG.. I finally get to meet The Big Boss Man??

Hanley wrote: »

HAI!!

Big_Boss_Man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i might spin up, but i cant do muscle ups or anything, like , hard :P

i might spin up, but i cant do muscle ups or anything, like , hard :P

Ditto

• Advertisement

HAI!!

Big_Boss_Man.jpg

I train with a guy who looks like him. Rides a Harley and everything. No joke.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Hanley wrote: »

Best of 3 thumb war? :pac:

edit - must work on kipping.

from my experience at the last one if you have even the remotest interest in fitness/weights/getting in amazing shape you MUST just show up. You would not even need to compete.

I found the comradery at the last one brilliant and there were lots of people there just to soak up the atmosphere and get tips on how people get strong, ripped and fit.

Now i am not brining flapjacks for everyone this time as i expect its going to be just a little bit busier this time round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

So what is the agenda? Are we allowed to ask that or are they sealed in an envelope until the day? Just wondering what the workouts are.

Are the workouts from the last invitational posted anywhere...i.e. I am too lazy to read through page after page of posts trying to find it...so if someone knows where they're posted then let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Best advice I can give people heading over is to do Crossfit or Crossfit Style workouts between now and coming up . We would be delighted to have you guys up to go through some workouts and have a chat.

Anyone that wants to come up and do a few workouts just get in touch with me or Colm. We are hoping to make this one huge. Everyone really had a great time at the last one and plenty of work done, but more importantly lots of laughs.

@ Will

The workouts are told to everyone on the day, that way nobody can train for specific workouts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

gabgab wrote: »
    Best advice I can give people heading over is to do Crossfit or Crossfit Style workouts between now and coming up . We would be delighted to have you guys up to go through some workouts and have a chat.

Anyone that wants to come up and do a few workouts just get in touch with me or Colm. We are hoping to make this one huge. Everyone really had a great time at the last one and plenty of work done, but more importantly lots of laughs.

@ Will

The workouts are told to everyone on the day, that way nobody can train for specific workouts
    So they really are top secret and kept in an envelope until the day...I'm cool with that.

I just thought seeing what the format was for the last one might give me an idea of what it is all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭BobbyOLeary

Will,

The workouts from the last Invitational were as follows:

WOD 1

5 Rounds for time of:

5 60kg Push Jerks
    10 Pullups
    15 Double Unders

WOD 2

3 Rounds for time of:

Run 200m
    10 Burpee Box Jumps (24" Box)
    10 Kettlebell Swings (24kg)

WOD 3

200m Medball throw (12kg)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Wow! Looks like interest in this bad boy is really growing now.

Will,

Here's the post detailing the workouts: http://crossfit.ie/2009/05/07/thur-may-7th/

And here's the post of results: http://crossfit.ie/2009/05/09/sat-may-9th/

We'll have some slight format/scoring changes for this one but most likely 3 workouts. If anyone has any suggestions for workouts they think would be good for the day please feel free to send them on to info at crossfit dot ie

Wow! Looks like interest in this bad boy is really growing now.

Will,

Here's the post detailing the workouts: http://crossfit.ie/2009/05/07/thur-may-7th/

And here's the post of results: http://crossfit.ie/2009/05/09/sat-may-9th/

We'll have some slight format/scoring changes for this one but most likely 3 workouts. If anyone has any suggestions for workouts they think would be good for the day please feel free to send them on to info at crossfit dot ie

Linda , Linda , Linda , Linda!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Ah it’s the same day as my birthday... Crossfit or the pub? decisions, decisions! :D

I could always do both mind..
    0008-0803-0303-5019.jpg

• Advertisement

Linda , Linda , Linda , Linda!!!!

Linda is a great one for the comp but too equipment dependent - i think more exercises that require body weight lifts are good as they make it quite even e.g. deadlifts, chins, press ups, dips etc cindy it a great example or barbara.

Need more workouts that last more than 5mins as the shorter ones favour some people

Transform wrote: »
    Linda is a great one for the comp but too equipment dependent - i think more exercises that require body weight lifts are good as they make it quite even e.g. deadlifts, chins, press ups, dips etc cindy it a great example or barbara.

Need more workouts that last more than 5mins as the shorter ones favour some people

i know , its the only thing i'd be decently competetive on tho!!:o

Transform wrote: »

The longer workouts favout your fit SOB's ;)

Something mad like a heavy WOD as the first one 15-12-9 1.5x bodyweight deadlift maybe, a medium Amy-esque one second and a 20 minute Cindy for rounds as the finisher would work really well imo.

A long one right at the end to seperate the men from the boys and keep the final fight for the victory exciting like!!

I'm heavily influenced by this article from Kelly Starrett, who runs San Francisco CrossFit, and I've found that heavy things generally separate the good from great athletes.

However, we'll have a host of different workouts on the day so get working on your weaknesses guys.

Thanks for the support so far,
    Colm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The 18th is a Friday?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

The 18th is a Friday?

And the 19th is a Saturday!

Edit... The title be different to the post...

Can't seem to edit my original post to fix the dates.

Anyway,

We're created a dedicated section on our site to the Invitational. Check it out: http://www.crossfit.ie/invitational-2/

We've also online registration and athlete profiles to add to the excitement/fun of it all.

Less than 4 weeks to go!

Can't seem to edit my original post to fix the dates.
    I updated your post with the correct date (Saturday Sept 19th right?) a few days ago. If it needs further updating let me know.

Who else is doing this? I booked flights yesterday. Should be a good laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I have a competition a couple of weeks afterwards so I don't think I'll be able to compete.

I know it's more than enough time to recover but I won't be able to do any prep beforehand :o

I'll still trying and get up there to have a gander at the proceedings though, it was a brilliant day last time. Besides, given that you're my fellow Mod I'm dedicated to supporting Team BossArky :D

Advertisement