Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All TV channels missing, but radio is fine - any ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

fcukreg wrote: »
    Would anyone have a Hotel.pwd set of backup files for the LCD Panasonic TX-LZD81...?

Three Rock transmitter version...

Someone did a rescan yesterday and lost all teh RTE channels...

Latest one I find here on boards is missing RTE News 24 & 3e and the radio channels...
    These were available in the most recent of the backups.

Thanks....

Hi Fcukreg,

Just spotted your request, I haven't viewed this thread for a long while...

Let me know if you still need the lzd81 file, as I have an old copy of the lzd81 hotel file if you want it. I keep a back up just in case of an accidental channel scan that loses all the top tuners settings.

My files just have tuner settings for the 4 Irish channels plus Rte news channel and occasionally 3e (don't ask me) and the radio channels. There have been a few +1 channels added to this list since by Saotview but of course I can't get them cos I can't do a rescan or I'll lose everything. Grrrr....

Anyway I presume you got sorted at this stage but let me know and I'll be glad to post up here (I'm based in Cork so AFAIK hotel file is transmitter dependant, so you'd need to be tuning into same Rte (Saor view) transmitter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

On a related query, despite putting in a UK address in my I use data on my lzd37s, I still can't tune into had channels for some reason. Does anyone know of a fix for this?? (I thought it was to just enter a UK address but this does not seem to be working for me for some good forsaken reason!?)

Thanks for all replies,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I have had the same problem on my PZ81, never found a solution. I've decided to upgrade to a new Panny plasma with sat and Saorview tuners, before they disappear from the shops forever. I'm waiting for the Jan sales but I've been told not to expect any big discounts - apparently all the plasma fans like myself are out in force bargain hunting, and its a sellers market.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

Did you try setedit for your PZ81?

Testfile for PZ81 and 3rock.
    A freesat rescan is needed after the hotel files are reloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

maxg wrote: »
    Did you try setedit for your PZ81?

Has anyone tried setedit for PZ81? I don't know but would be willing to give it a try (with the possibility of losing RTE1). Is there a danger of bricking the box? Have you details?
    Thanks.

If its not working you would have to do a factory reset. Thats all.
    Which transmitter do you receive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

JonathonS wrote: »
    I have had the same problem on my PZ81, never found a solution. I've decided to upgrade to a new Panny plasma with sat and Saorview tuners, before they disappear from the shops forever. I'm waiting for the Jan sales but I've been told not to expect any big discounts - apparently all the plasma fans like myself are out in force bargain hunting, and its a sellers market.

You mean you are going for another Panachronic after all the problems! Some people never learn. Modern Panachronics are also hobbled and don't work with Freeview and Saorview together.

Read this:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1885631&highlight=hobbled+panasonic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Also zero future support and only money back warranty as they have exited Plasma production. Some Plasma sets I looked at 6 months ago very "cost reduced" and poor on features compared to badged by everyone Vestels. No Idea who "really" made them.

If its not working you would have to do a factory reset. Thats all.
    Which transmitter do you receive?

I'm in da real capital, so I get a good signal from mullaghanish & spur hill. I have an old scan of soarview ( I'm missing rte jr etc), but I have the ones I need, that is until rte 1 goes hd, then the one I have tuned goes dead. I didn't think the factory reset worked on the PZ81?

• Advertisement

Factory reset is working on every Panasonic tv.

Backup your original svr_file.
    Your test file:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I am a bit confused.

I have read that doing a factory reset will restore a TH-50PZ81Bs ability to decode the BBC HD satellite channels. I haven't done this as I am still able to get the original DVB channels from a scan when they were testing. I have saved a hotel file.

If I do a factory reset, presumably I will get the BBC HD channels back, but lose the terrestrial DVB channels. If I then restore from the hotel file will I then lose the BBC HD channels? I would presume so.

So it's it's catch 22?

The home page of that Setedit program just says 'Panasonic Viera' So would this software work with my TV? Would it let me do a factory reset to restore the HD channels and then allow me to edit things so I can get all the DVB channels as well?

As it stands I am tempted to do the factory reset and do without the local DVB channels as I rarely watch them because the picture quality is terrible. I think it was better with analogue.

cnocbui wrote: »
    I am a bit confused.

I have read that doing a factory reset will restore a TH-50PZ81Bs ability to decode the BBC HD satellite channels. I haven't done this as I am still able to get the original DVB channels from a scan when they were testing. I have saved a hotel file.

Backup the svl_file from your hotel_setup folder.
    Replace the svl_file with a matching file from here.
    Upload it to the tv.
    If the saorview channels are working do a new freesat scan.
    It its not working use your backup svl_file and let it write back to your tv.

Backup the svl_file from your hotel_setup folder.
    Replace the svl_file with a matching file from here.
    Upload it to the tv.
    If the saorview channels are working do a new freesat scan.
    It its not working use your backup svl_file and let it write back to your tv.

I don't fully understand. I currently have the DVB saorview channels for my area - Tipperary.

Doing a Freesat scan does not fix the the problem introduced when the BBC switched their HD channel encoding system - only a full factory reset will fix that going by what I have read. http://www.avforums.com/threads/heads-up-bbc-hd-viewers.1466434/

Obviously a factory reset will lose the saorview channels, but would a restore from a SVL file then lose the HD channels restored by doing the factory reset?

@cnocbui

My svr_file include no freesat channels. Its like a reset only for freesat if the saorview channels are working. The sense of the new svr_files is to get RTE1HD. But its currently not tested.
    Tell me your transmitter and i will create one for you for testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Following the last conversation with interest.
    My folks have a plasma Pz81 with this old problem. I understood Factory Reset to be catch 22 also.

If there is a fix i'd be willing to give it a go.
    I'm in North East Galway (not really sure what transmitter that makes me)

@cnocbui

My svr_file include no freesat channels. Its like a reset only for freesat if the saorview channels are working. The sense of the new svr_files is to get RTE1HD. But its currently not tested.
    Tell me your transmitter and i will create one for you for testing.

Thank you. I don't know what main transmitter mirrors my channels. I have my antennae pointed at a local repeater that serves Killaloe, if that's any help.

From what you say, it looks like I should give the factory reset a go and upload a svr file as that should solve all problems without a catch 22.

If the svr_file route is working you don't need a factory reset.
    What is the UHF Channel (CH) you get the saorview channels currently?
    Menu button -> setup -> Tuning menu -> dvb signal conditions.

[CH21] 808 RTÉ News Now - I don't get it - no matter which channel I select it always says [CH21] - so [CH21] 806 TV 3, [CH21] 805 RTÉ 2 etc.

Why don't I need to do the factory reset - surely that is the only way to get the Freeview BBC HD channels which are now DVB-S2?

If you get the channels at ch21 its Mullaghanish for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

If you get the channels at ch21 its Mullaghanish for whatever reason.

Thank you!

I shall do a factory reset and try loading that and report back. Probably won't have time to do it till tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Factory reset is working on every Panasonic tv.

Backup your original svr_file.
    Your test file:
    No joy maxy.
    Backed up my PZ81B, swapped my svl_file with your one, did the factory reset and uploaded the file. No DVB channels tried a scan, it added 10 radio and 2 data.
    I tried both your Spur hill and Mullaghanish.
    Put back my old files, all is as was before. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

FYI
    I'm viewing Spur Hill on [CH45] Signal Quality and Strength 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

€45 for a set-box?

watty wrote: »
    €45 for a set-box?

True and a extra remote, why couldn't it be a bit simpler?
    Happy Christmas to one and all!
    Ho Ho Ho

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

GadgetGeek wrote: »
    True and a extra remote, why couldn't it be a bit simpler?
    Happy Christmas to one and all!
    Ho Ho Ho

Just use your mobile phone as a universal remote........

GadgetGeek wrote: »
    No joy maxy.
    Backed up my PZ81B, swapped my svl_file with your one, did the factory reset and uploaded the file. No DVB channels tried a scan, it added 10 radio and 2 data.
    I tried both your Spur hill and Mullaghanish.
    Put back my old files, all is as was before. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Any other ideas?
    Thanks.

In such a case only Litzinger the author of setedit can help.
    Setedit destroy the logical numbering after a change. This is maybe the problem.
    It would be a good idea to create a svl_file only with the radio channels and send the file to Litzinger and point out the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ninjakettle

Well folks, happy xmas.

Does anybody have hotel/svr files for Maghera?

Looking at the tv here, someone has already done the factory reset and there's no DVB-T channels. Only Radio and a couple of DATA - all on Ch48/55.

God knows where the sdcard/hotel file i made from last year is but i'll look.
    Would an SVR file help here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Anyone here with an LZD81 and Hotel file with Saorview on Ch52 Vertical (Greystones Relay for me). Thanks!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ok, got an on-screen message via satellite for an update on the LZD81 today. It's for version 2.608. I'm going to do some research before I install and will check back...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement