Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All TV channels missing, but radio is fine - any ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

I see that RTE are changing the frequency/Channel for 3 Rock.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686609

This will really screw up the early Panasonic users who use the Hotel file system of getting some sort of SAORVIEW TV reception.....

Ae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Yes Aepos, unfortunately this is true.

You could look for a Hotel File for Holywell Hill as its also Ch30, should one exist on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

Aepos wrote: »
    I see that RTE are changing the frequency/Channel for 3 Rock.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056686609

This will really screw up the early Panasonic users who use the Hotel file system of getting some sort of SAORVIEW TV reception.....

Ae

Post your svl_file after a fresh scan.
    Sededit version 1.05 is now able to decrypt a svl_file. You see only garbage inside the editor but the temprorary file which sededit creates is readable via an pc hexeditor.
    In an old file the entry for rte starts with the channel number 800 (0320 in hex byte swapped to 2003) and the service-id 01 for TV.

maxg, Thanks for the info svl_file attached. Cheers Ae

@Aepos
    Sorry, it is not possible to save changes. Maybe in the next setedit version.

• Advertisement

maxg wrote: »
    @Aepos
    Sorry, it is not possible to save changes. Maybe in the next setedit version.

Yes I had a go with the demo version, It would be very handy if we can save modified svl_file 's.

Thanks Ae

@Aepos
    Maybe it is worth a try to do a factory reset, skip the freesat scan and let only scan for dvb-t channels.
    Setedit has problems with freesat channels anyway and it could be possible to edit the channel list if only the saorview radio channels are included.
    You can do a freesat scan always afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pipkato

I'm one of those unfortunates with an early Panasonic PZ81 TV getting my signal from Three Rock. I'm not a techie, so don't really understand the implications of these changes. I was the thread starter after a rescan lost all of my Irish digital channels.

Does this change mean I'll lose access to my Saorview digital channels? If so, is there any workaround, or source of an alternative SD card file?

Thanks.

pipkato wrote: »
    I'm one of those unfortunates with an early Panasonic PZ81 TV getting my signal from Three Rock. I'm not a techie, so don't really understand the implications of these changes. I was the thread starter after a rescan lost all of my Irish digital channels.

Does this change mean I'll lose access to my Saorview digital channels? If so, is there any workaround, or source of an alternative SD card file?

Thanks.

The implications are that you will loose your channels as the scanned channels you have right now are on Channel 54. These are moving to Channel 30, next week.

So you would have to rescan and your PZ81 will not find the channels due to Panasonic short circuiting the firmware to disallow anything that is not MPEG2 stations.

To bypass this you need to do one of 2 things. Use a hotel SD card file from someone else's PZ81 that currently watches Saorview on Channel 30 in the country (Holywell in Donegal is Channel 30) or find a PC channel editor that allows for the editing of a hotel svl file. The latter is what maxg is trying to achieve. Should he get it to work it will be a good solution.

Finding a hotel file for Holywell for channel 30 on this forum is probably a more immediate solution.

Make sense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

If ever there was a time for RTÉNL to have a few hours amnesty for Panasonic victims owners....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

Hi Guys,

Just returned from a few weeks hols and have lost my channels due to 3 rock frequency change,
    Has any got a hotel file that would work for either a Panasonic 50V10 or 37LZD81 with new 3 Rock frequencies ?

Cheers,

Bob

Use the procedure for your V10 from here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79734770&postcount=3
    You don't have to change the frequency because the file include already the new frequency for 3rock.

The PZ81/LZD81 problem is still not solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If ever there was a time for RTÉNL to have a few hours amnesty for Panasonic victims owners....

It's not RTE NL's problem, nor should a service provider bail out the stupidity of a Manufacturer...

If ever there was a time for RTÉNL to have a few hours amnesty Panasonic to release a simple small Firmware update for Panasonic victims...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

watty wrote: »
    It's not RTE NL's problem, nor should a service provider bail out the stupidity of a Manufacturer...

If ever there was a time for RTÉNL to have a few hours amnesty Panasonic to release a simple small Firmware update for Panasonic victims...
    Agreed but they have made it quite clear that they don't give a monkey's about customers once they have their money. You just have to look at all the disappointed UK owners who can't get certain features working either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Buy LG :)

I can't print what my Service Manager called Panasonic (Semi-Professional video gear) in the late 1970s. They have always been about charging a premium due marketing perception and externals rather than absolute quality inside the box. Like B&O or Apple.

Use the procedure for your V10 from here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79734770&postcount=3
    You don't have to change the frequency because the file include already the new frequency for 3rock.

The PZ81/LZD81 problem is still not solved.

Thanks ,

Which version of setedit do I download ?

Cheers,

Bob

bob11 wrote: »
    Which version of setedit do I download ?

You don't need setedit Panasonic because the right frequency for 3rock is already included in the file from board member G10B.
    Simply exchange the svl.db at the sd card.

Thanks Guys,

Just copied the file to my sd card and my channels are back working on the v10,

If only the lzd81 was as easy ...

Thanks again,

Bob

Thanks Guys,

Just copied the file to my sd card and my channels are back working on the v10,

If only the lzd81 was as easy ...

Thanks again,

Bob

Ho Ho.... that could have went wrong. You used an SVL.DB file from a hotel file from a G10 on a V10. :)

STB wrote: »
    Ho Ho.... that could have went wrong. You used an SVL.DB file from a hotel file from a G10 on a V10. :)

There is no difference. Channel list is channel list.
    I checked it via an sqlite database browser.

• Advertisement

There is no difference. Channel list is channel list.
    I checked it via an sqlite database browser.

Unfortunately a channel list is not always a channel list and can contain other important information and can have dependencies like CI and channel display characteristics. This is evident in binary files used on set top boxes.

Does the Sqlite db browser understand the SVL files from a hotel file from the PZ81s or is it encrypted ?

STB wrote: »
    Unfortunately a channel list is not always a channel list and can contain other important information and can have dependencies like CI and channel display characteristics. This is evident in binary files used on set top boxes.

There is no difference in tuners and ci-slot between the models.
    Does the Sqlite db browser understand the SVL files from a hotel file from the PZ81s or is it encrypted ?

Setedit Panasonic can decrypt and read the svl_file from the 81 series but cannot write back changes. The decrypted tmp file from setedit shows /work/svl_file as header. I have no idea which format is used for the file.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

Any suggestions for someone with a Ferguson Ariva 120.

Appreciate any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

Agreed but they have made it quite clear that they don't give a monkey's about customers once they have their money. You just have to look at all the disappointed UK owners who can't get certain features working either.

Yet there are still people on these forums and other forums who want to buy Panachronic.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

Would anyone have a Hotel.pwd set of backup files for the LCD Panasonic TX-LZD81...?

Three Rock transmitter version...

Someone did a rescan yesterday and lost all teh RTE channels...

Latest one I find here on boards is missing RTE News 24 & 3e and the radio channels...
    These were available in the most recent of the backups.

Thanks....

You don't need setedit Panasonic because the right frequency for 3rock is already included in the file from board member G10B.
    Simply exchange the svl.db at the sd card.

Hi Guys,

Back to the retune issue with Panasonics ..

As my Panasonic 50V10 will soon be losing it's channels due to the new Mux launch, would anyone have a retuned verision of the svl.db file for 3-Rock ?

I think the last time that this happened , I was able to copy a version of the svl.db file from another Panasonic TV and it worked ..

Any help greatly appreciated ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 41 G10B

I was able to copy a version of the svl.db file from another Panasonic TV and it worked ..

I can provide an updated svl.db for G10B.
    Don't have file to hand & I will need to modify the frequencies to match Three Rocks but I will do that & upload tonight.

G10B wrote: »
    I can provide an updated svl.db for G10B.
    Don't have file to hand & I will need to modify the frequencies to match Three Rocks but I will do that & upload tonight.

Thanks G10B ..

I think it was your file that I used previously as well ..

Cheers,

Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 41 G10B

Three Rock Saorview multi-mux G10B file........
    (re-scan of freesat channels required once file is loaded)

• Advertisement

G10B wrote: »
    Three Rock Saorview multi-mux G10B file........
    (re-scan of freesat channels required once file is loaded)

Thanks G10B,

That worked a treat ..

No HD DOG on RTE1 obviously ..

I wonder will they be putting this on ?

Cheers,

Bob

Advertisement