Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Limerick City

Options
  • 15-03-2009 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Right,im robbing this from the Waterford forum who actually robbed it from the Sligo forum :D

Perhaps we could have the thread stickied???

If anyone comes across any bargain across the City, whether its from groceries to electrical items to clothing, feel free to post them here. Only thing is that it must be in a store in the city and not online.

*Please also include the end date of the offer if applicable.

Please only include offers that are local to Limerick City - if it's country wide it belongs in the Bargain Alerts Forum.

Any form of blatant advertising will be removed by the mods.

*stolen from the Waterford + Sligo post;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

there is a website www.goodbuy.ie that does much the same thing.
    It's broke up into regions etc. Check it out.
    (lifted from the limerick blogger forum lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice idea, jackncoke. Stickied....

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I have just come from Tescos and they are selling all their clothes at the sterling price and so got a few great deals. Its worth a look, expically for kiddies clothes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i picked up 2 amd motherboards reduced from €129 down to €9.97 in pc world last week they had one left after i bought 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Box of 30 Ferrero Rocher 2.99€ in Tesco Coonagh. I picked a few:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

Dunnes Jetland.

Andrex Toilet Paper. 12 for the price of 9. Buy two for €15

So, 24 loo rolls for €15 or 62.5c each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Eyeofbuddha

Not sure if this qualifies as a bargain, but the Chocolat restaurant on O'Connell St offers a special deal between 5 and 7 ( as an early bird):
    any starter and any main course from the a la carte menu + tea or coffee for €16.50.
    Thought that was quite worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Smyths had a 33% sale on Disney Princess Graco Car seat group 2+3, and the Cars version of the same car seat by Graco. They are reduced from 64.99 down to 43.54. I bought the Disney Princess one in Smyths on the childers road this evening anf they have loads of both left in stock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

3 x 2litres of Coke or diet coke for €1.87 in vivo Annacotty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Southill

in the €2 shop on william street easter eggs are €2 each or €3 for 2 they dont usually do deals for €3 but its well worth it!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Superquinn are having great offers this week. Lots of items (proper brands) going for €2 or €3, I just did my shoppin there today because I say the add and my bill was half the amount it usually is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

i got a new key cut for my car today at Mallow St Shoe Repairs for 6 euro. All the other places charge 10-15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

2 Packs of durex 12 pk condom's for only 15 euro in Boots! Saw one lad buying about four boxes haha

2 Packs of durex 12 pk condom's for only 15 euro in Boots! Saw one lad buying about four boxes haha

He must have been having a birthday party and couldn't find any balloons.......

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Bolts, nuts, rawl plugs, mechanical engineering gear ie grinders drills etc etc... Maurice Doody in Eastway business park is hard to beat, across from Eircom on old entrance.

I got a great iPod dock in Clancy's Electrical on O'connell st last week for 75EUR down from 99EUR. Great sound off it, well worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

He must have been having a birthday party and couldn't find any balloons.......

pricelesss:D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Bubbles09

tiny laptop grand for internet music and photos only €279 im getn a red 1 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Theyre knocking loads off the stuff in stock 500/600 off some nice baths etc. Handy for anyone with the cash to still be doing up their place! ;)

www.absonline.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

I was in Harvey Normans with my fiancee looking for an Iron on Sunday, was all ready to pay €60. We decided to nip over to Homestore and More next door and they had the same Iron for €30, wasn't even on sale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

2 Litre bottles of Coke/Diet Coke/Coke Zero - Dunnes Stores Jetland

Only 99 cent,limited to 4 per customer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I saw in Euro 2 in the Parkway Shopping Centre that they had 4 pack of Durex condoms which I can assume were €2. Its not the place I'd usually go to buy that sort of thing but Durex is Durex where ever you buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

alan1990 wrote: »
    I saw in Euro 2 in the Parkway Shopping Centre that they had 4 pack of Durex condoms which I can assume were €2. Its not the place I'd usually go to buy that sort of thing but Durex is Durex where ever you buy them

Also in these 2euro shops are cheap ipod/iphone car chargers most other places charge well over a tenner..

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Was on the hunt for an lcd tv for the kids room today, had a budget of 250, thought maybe I'd get a 19in or even a 22in, was supprised when I found a 26in in argos, childers rd, for 260, snapped it up, seemed like a good bargain for a bricks and morter shop....

Link.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5293609/c_1/1|category_root|Home+entertainment+and+sat+nav|12160455/c_2/2|cat_12160455|Televisions|12160649/c_3/3|cat_12160649|26+inch+to+28+inch+LCD+TVs|12160659.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Speaking from experience those cheap LCD are all a piece of Junk.The picture quality on them is absolutely useless. Also they mostly dont follow the vesa compliant code which means should u want them hung on a wall a much more expensive bracket is required.. If your on the market for a tv buy a brand you know. Grundig is no longer a manufactuer and now only a generic badge..

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

steveon wrote: »
    Speaking from experience those cheap LCD are all a piece of Junk.The picture quality on them is absolutely useless. Also they mostly dont follow the vesa compliant code which means should u want them hung on a wall a much more expensive bracket is required.. If your on the market for a tv buy a brand you know. Grundig is no longer a manufactuer and now only a generic badge..

Thats me well and truly told...:D

Kids love it though.

Holes on back are 100mm by 100mm = 'vesa compliant' I think...;)

alan1990 wrote: »

That is dirt cheap for Durex alright. Not as cheap as wrapping it in clingfilm though.......

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

That is dirt cheap for Durex alright. Not as cheap as wrapping it in clingfilm though.......

..And you couldn't use Durex twice, that would be disgusting!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

€7 for a gents dry haircut in Ali's in upper Thomas Street (Mondays to Thursdays inclusive). Said I'd give them a mention as was well pleased with finished result. They seem a friendly lot in there also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

not use if it qualifies as a bargain but 2 packets of a4 sheets (ibm) for 6.00 euro in Drapery Section in Dunnes Stores in Jetland.

Advertisement