Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up All Night Computer Games

Options
  • 28-10-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭

There's been a few mentions of computer games in various threads but my searching has failed to bring up a dedicated thread.

So what game(s) if any, do you play when you can't sleep or simply want to put off your late night studying etc?

I've spent many a night playing the classic Championship Manager 97/98 and trying to get through a whole season before school.

Recently I stayed up late with Red Alert and messing with the the file that allows you change the weapons paramaters - infantry with cruiser cannons ftw!

And when I'm having trouble sleeping I'll put in Black and just the blow the sh*t out of everything :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Flight Simulator...i cant get enough of it at times!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There was a few nights last year when Oblivion was played by me from 11 pm until 7 am after work. What a brilliant, immersive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If anyone is interested in playing Red Alert again here's a completely legitimate, legal download of it, complete with guides to get it to work on more recent OS' (scroll to the bottom of the page).

http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't stayed up all night gaming in a very long time, partly because it's something that I used to do quite a bit when I was playing WoW. I'm not sure if I ever want to get that sucked into a game again.

I haven't stayed up all night gaming in a very long time, partly because it's something that I used to do quite a bit when I was playing WoW. I'm not sure if I ever want to get that sucked into a game again.

In my old age I'm eternally grateful I never got a chance to properly play that game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

used to play fifa all night. Wolfenstien enemy territory used to take up all my time. I would pwn anyone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I bought Dead Set last week and it is a really great horror/scifi planning on spending all tonight playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i used to spend hours playing the sims,zoo tycoon and master of olympus zeus.
    im sure itll start again as sims 3 is coming out

tribulus wrote: »
    In my old age I'm eternally grateful I never got a chance to properly play that game!

Ditto, I have been avoiding it on purpose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i used to spend hours playing the sims,zoo tycoon and master of olympus zeus.
    im sure itll start again as sims 3 is coming out

Wildlife park gold is very good btw. I wanna get zoo tycoon 2 just for the dinosaur add on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Football manager,me and a friend had a two player game goin,a couple of all nighters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Nerin wrote: »
    Wildlife park gold is very good btw. I wanna get zoo tycoon 2 just for the dinosaur add on

oh ill have to look into it.
    i love games like that...keeps me busy for hours

always wanted to play wow but never actually bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Oh dear.

Right, first things first, like Kirby, I also played WoW. Given that my ex ended up living very far from me (damn Dutch) we played together. This meant that I would often end up playing from 9 in the evening through to 4 am. As you can imagine, my lifestyle somewhat resembled that of a vampire. I've lost count of the amount of times I'd wake up in the morning to discover I'd played for a few hours when I came home from whatever club I'd been in.

Thankfully such days are behind me now. Oh and Kirby can attest, rogues do it from behind. Fear the stealth.

At the moment I'm dabbling in Football Manager again, waiting for the new one. Currently playing Pro Ev (08), Rugby 08, Stainless Steel mod for TW, Sins of a Solar Empire. Waiting for Empire TW and RA3 obviously. In my defence, I barely play any of them at the moment with college, but those are my current poisions. Never played Oblivion (middle of my WoW phase) but it's in my room waiting a play. Pretty much completed Morrowind.

Right. That's me so. :pac:

http://www.1cup1coffee.com/800.htm

An interesting little game to while away a few hours!

SDooM wrote: »
    http://www.1cup1coffee.com/800.htm\

An interesting little game to while away a few hours!

You need to remove the backslash for the link to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

eVeNtInE wrote: »

*nods*

Best not to start in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Don't stay up that lat playing games any more since i quit WoW.

Though I've been playing Dead Space late recently due to its more scary at night :pac:

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I really enjoyed Ratchet and clank myself. lovely looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

myself and galvasean once were playin kane and lynch co-op till the very very early hours! then we found out there were multiple endings....so we were up even longer.....damn addictive game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there were days i would have easily played cs 1.6 / quake 3 arena from about 6pm to 9am the next morning.

just not able for it now, also after doing some games modules in college really turned me off playing games.

i only play them now and again but still hold an active interest in where the whole medium is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

oh ill have to look into it.
    i love games like that...keeps me busy for hours

always wanted to play wow but never actually bothered

Its cool,difficult too. The add on is great,having raptors and mammoths in the park with the regular animals is fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

When I first bought Oblivion I couldn't get enough of it. Nothing like doing The Dark Brotherhood sub-plot at the dead of night!:D I'm still playing the bloody game after a year!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    When I first bought Oblivion I couldn't get enough of it. Nothing like doing The Dark Brotherhood sub-plot at the dead of night!:D I'm still playing the bloody game after a year!

Really? Still haven't played it.

:eek:For someone who is familiar with WoW that shocks me! Awesome awesome game that has to be the one single game that was worth every penny that I spent on it. I can't recommend it enough!

Do. It's quality from the get go. A little award winning narrative by patrick stewart, the first time you emerge into the sun, the rousing theme tune... it's all so good.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :eek:For someone who is familiar with WoW that shocks me! Awesome awesome game that has to be the one single game that was worth every penny that I spent on it. I can't recommend it enough!

Um, I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games.

/ducks and hides

/ducks and hides

You should give Oblivion a shot, seriously good value for money and good for late night play especially (it's kind of sedate).

/ducks and hides

:eek: Truly shocking, but hey if you've weaned yourself off WoW I wouldn't suggest that you take on Oblivion.:p

• Advertisement

I played Morrowind and a lil bit of Oblivion, they're nothing compared to WoW. That thing's fúcked up.

Advertisement