Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargains in Donegal

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I would start a thread and (sticky it) for people to post up any bargains they may find that would benefit people in Donegal. Things that could be included would be shop sales (or individual items), offers in Dunnes, Tescos etc, hotel breaks, even car boot sales/markets.

I will kick this off with some home entertainment syastems and laptops in Tesco. The laptops were reduced from €699 to €299 but sadly I think they are now gone. Not much of a bargain now but you could always give them a call to see if they have any left - tel: (074)9123814

Anyway feel free to post up any bargains or offers you find.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was in tescos today and theres a sticker on the shelf saying that the following laptop will be available again from tomorrow (20th August)
    Acer Aspire 7004WSMI (LX.AWS0Y.003)
    17" WXGA+ Display
    AMD Sempron 3500+
    1GB RAM
    80GB HD
    DVD Super Multi
    Wireless 802.11b/g
    Vista Basic
    Was: €599 Now: €299.49

I asked at the customer services desk if they would in fact be in stock tomorrow and all the girl would say was that they were told they would be but that they were told this about other offers in the past and they never materialised.

She did suggest ringing first - (074)9123814

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Muffler remove this if you think it's unreasonable, I swear I've no connection to the place, but the bookshop in the SC in Letterkenny is amazing, really wide selection of books dirt cheap. The owner is really nice guy too.

tbh wrote: »
    Muffler remove this if you think it's unreasonable, I swear I've no connection to the place, but the bookshop in the SC in Letterkenny is amazing, really wide selection of books dirt cheap. The owner is really nice guy too.
    We live in hope that the owner isn't a Dub?* who is going to marry a nice Donegal girl next April ;)

*Or the future father in law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

muffler wrote: »
    We live in hope that the owner isn't a Dub?* who is going to marry a nice Donegal girl next April ;)

*Or the future father in law

the amount of money I've sent his way, it'd pay for a wedding alright :)

Another Tesco bargain - Mirai 32" LCD TV for €375

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

20p off a packet of Lyons Teabags in Bettys corner shop.

Thats right they still use £s in the shop :eek:

37" HD with built in freeview channel receiver for about €480 in Asda, Strabane.

Its £375 which should work out about 500 euro.

Edit: Their exchange rate last night was €1 = £0.779 which would leave the price working out about €481

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Anything on the menu at the National Bar in Donegal Town. Especially if the specials include the chowder at €8 or €9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

1/2 price toy sale is Heiton's in Letterkenny Courtyard shopping centre. Plenty of stuff. We got a good few Christmas presents sorted today. Don't know how accurate the "1/2 price" claim is but they are cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

petrol at 109c at Tinneys of Bonagee. generally 113c.

diesel probably cheaper too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

On the subject of petrol, the Go station in St. Johnston is always a few cents cheaper than anywhere else.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not perhaps a specific bargain, but yet another discount store has opened in Donegal Town.

So-Lo (already in Letterkenny and Ballybofey), I notice is now open behind Watson Hire near Lidl.

Dalys filling station in Lifford are now selling petrol at €1.04 per litre. Probably the cheapest around at the moment.

muffler wrote: »
    Dalys filling station in Lifford are now selling petrol at €1.04 per litre. Probably the cheapest around at the moment.
    Indeed, the competition from just across the bridge seems to have froced their hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Bomany

This evening Dolan's on Strabane side of bridge is 89.9 sterling for unleaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 nevancito

some cheap ski gear in lidl
    e.g. snowboards, googles, ski trousers

bought some of it last year in lidl
    good value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JauntyChick31

Petrol in Brockagh's Marley's Post Office is at 99.9! And there's quite a few nice wee inexpensive things at Jeanius in Ballybofey...tis right beside the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not donegal, but Asda in strabane is selling 2 x 2gb Sandisk SD cards for £14.99, and i went into Tesco in Letterkenny just to compare and although they had no SD cards they did have a 1gb usd drive for €79.99:eek::eek:

Was that you I seen looking at the prices today sometime around 2:45 - 3:00 approx? :)

No wasn't me muffler:D, i was in on Xmas eve doing some last minute shopping.

If it was me, you'd know it, dont ask me know, you'd just know;)

• Advertisement

Senna wrote: »
    No wasn't me muffler:D, i was in on Xmas eve doing some last minute shopping.
    You have my sympathy if it was Xmas eve.
    Senna wrote: »
    If it was me, you'd know it, dont ask me know, you'd just know;)
    Now Im intrigued ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Petrol is 89.5c in St Johnston at the moment.

petrol 86.9c at the petrol station on the left on the way into Lifford.

Will it be cheaper to buy petrol in the north soon?

Dolans, on way to Strabane?

One of the cheapest in NI and if sterling looses any more value then it will be cheaper (almost)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Hegarty,s in Buncrana are selling Sony 160 gb hard drive/dvd recorders for 149 euro, reduced from 339 euro.

The way I see it is that this is a thread for bargains in Donegal, not Tyrone or Derry.

You know you are using up my time which to me is precious. troll somewhere else

Sorry the last couple of posts (mine and smashey's) were in relation to a couple of posts that are now deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Very quick off the mark, guys. :)

Regarding petrol, Tinney's have been the cheapest for ages in Letterkenny and by a good few cent per litre, but the pumps beside JJ Reids have been taking them on recently by going a cent lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Aldi are doing 4GB USBs for €8.99 which is brilliant value!

Advertisement