Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sticky of online stores that accept Laser / Maestro Card?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I propose to sticky and sort all the stores on one post.
    It's pointless to go through 5 pages to see all the stores listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

jayteecork wrote: »
    I propose to sticky and sort all the stores on one post.
    It's pointless to go through 5 pages to see all the stores listed.
    Good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

+1 ^^
    could we sticky this??
    also anyone know any more clothing stores online that accept aib laser? other than the aforementioned t shirt shops, (a girl needs more than t shirts;)!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

I agree with making this a sticky.

Also, does anyone know of any sites where you can create custom items (like mouse-pads) by uploading a picture that accept Laser?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good job Spocker.

Outta my jurisdiction now to update the original post. Will send a PM to Ruu to update the original post when he gets a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thread stuck and updated at the first post, thanks everyone.

Cheers Ruu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

logo.gif

For all your rolling needs. Boards, blades and BMX

I accept laser, and any other for of payment, whatever suits you really. my postage service is better than any company in Ireland, next day delivery on orders placed before 4pm. COD available too.

just thought id throw this in this thread!!! :D

• Advertisement

www.medicaltestcentre.ie
    drink/drug tests, pregnancy/fertility tests, bloodpressure, etc, acepts laser, next day delivery (irish site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Cy Kosis

A big BIG thank you for this thread and all it's contributors from somebody who spent the morning pulling out their hair talking with the banker on the phone. I've just favourited some of the websites posted here, but will be back regularly to search for others.

Please keep this thread available.

And thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I think dabs.ie should be taken off the list, they don't take laser, do they?

I think dabs.ie should be taken off the list, they don't take laser, do they?
    They did at one stage.. but don't anymore alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

S12 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, does anyone know how or if you can shop on ebay if you don't have a credit card??? I have an AIB maestro but as far as I can tell that won't actually work!!

Hi, you can use 3V vouchers on Paypal. just go to their website and there is a link that explains the whole process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

Anyone know of any sites that sell's clothes?! I spent all day yesterday looking at stores in England trying to by with my Lasor then realised the Maestro is different to Ireland. Such a bummer! :(

for all gals looking for fashion sites...theres two I can recommend that are closely linked to laser, or you dont need a credit card anyway.

1. Littlewoods Ireland www.littlewoodsireland.ie, you can use Billpay to pay, and billpay accepts Laser.

2. www.dress-for-less.ie have a prepaid purchase method of payment. You can set up a transfer from your bank account to theirs (I do believe it's legit). They are based in Germany and this would work the same way as your laser card as it would come straight out of your bank account. The have lovely designer stuff at amazing prices.

Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bargaintown and classic furniture accept laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Does anyone know if iTunes accept Laser? Somehow I doubt it, but you never know.

Pegasus15 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if iTunes accept Laser? Somehow I doubt it, but you never know.
    Fraid not mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Nokias online Irish music store (website won't work with FF) accept laser for anyone wanting to download music using their card

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Sheridan

I haven't tried purchasing anything off it yet, but waterstones.com has a "Switch/Maestro no issue number" option in the Card Type dropdown on the order form, separate from the regular Switch/Maestro option. Wonder if this means our Maestros would be accepted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 beinlin

Sure we all know this oneft2.jpg....

http://www.dabs.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Can you use a laser card on dvd.co.uk?

beinlin wrote: »
    Sure we all know this oneft2.jpg....

http://www.dabs.ie/

I'm pretty sure Dabs doesn't accept Laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

GDM wrote: »
    Can you use a laser card on dvd.co.uk?
    Pretty sure you can't. They do accept debit cards, though as a UK site I'd doubt very much that it includes Laser. Choosing Maestro might work with your Laser card, but unlikely. I tried it before on cdwow.com and it didn't work. Did do it years ago on allofmp3 though and it did work.
    jayteecork wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Dabs doesn't accept Laser.

http://www.dabs.ie/Article.aspx?NavigationKey=4294965013+4294967285&ArticleID=2036
    Says they don't accept Laser, so that's correct.

Another thing that bugs me if that the Irish Laser/Maestro all-in-one cards are not, in fact proper Maestro. None of the UK sellers accpeting Maestro seem to accept it.

www.centralfloralsupplies.com accecpt laser, they are a florist supply shop but you can get all sorts.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Not sure if it's been listed before (and not technically an online store), but www.paddypower.ie accept laser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 curlysue18

www.mrbigmenswear.ie

clothing for the larger man...

:)

• Advertisement

Not sure if it's been listed before (and not technically an online store), but www.paddypower.ie accept laser.

Online poker/gambling sites that accept Laser:

www.boylesports.com
    www.betfair.com
    www.williamhill.com
    www.skypoker.com
    www.stanjames.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Are we sure that cdwow.ie takes laser??
    No option for it on their site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jackncoke wrote: »

They don't seem to anymore. They're gone to shit anyway, avoid like the proverbial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

I *think* I paid them by Laser a couple of weeks ago. They were using Realex before the buyout, but they seemed to have switched to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭crouchie15

can u use paypal with an aib maestro card?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Sn@kebite

crouchie15 wrote: »
    can u use paypal with an aib maestro card?
    No. You need a credit card (Visa/Mastercard) or at least a 3v voucher

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

One more for the list

http://www.booksunlimited.ie/default.asp

Can I just say, I tried to transfer a 3v voucher to Paypal the other day and it didn't work. I rang them and they tld me this opition is not yet available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 LDriver

One more for the list

http://www.booksunlimited.ie/default.asp

Can I just say, I tried to transfer a 3v voucher to Paypal the other day and it didn't work. I rang them and they tld me this opition is not yet available in Ireland.
    Are you sure Books Unlimited take laser? Is that new? I thought they didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dublingirl23

Yep I ordered a book with them yesterday and they have 123 as the cvv code. :)

Re:Paypal, the guy I talked to hadn't a clue about the 3v vouchers. He told me we aren't able to put them onto our PP accounts. I spoke to a supervisor and we actually are able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hankeyj84

I tried to buy music on the online store ( well not intentionally) but on the payment pay where you'll the payment options there's no laser symbol. Its abit odd that some part Apple accept it but other not. Probably to do with Apple.us. Can you buy music online from Apple with your laser? anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

basquille wrote: »
    Well.. it appears CDWOW.com now don't take Laser Card anymore.

Well.. there goes my online usage of my Laser Card completely!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I know it sucks balls, I emailed them to find out what happened and apparantly they changed owners of the company and they're Aussies and they switched worldpay which offer laser to some other bill pay company...:(

CDworld.ie is ok but they rarely keep a good variety of stock on their site so if your looking for a particular cd that's not mainstream your out of luck, there really needs to be an Irish only online shop like play that take laser based in Ireland they'd make a fortune...

• Advertisement

I know it sucks balls, I emailed them to find out what happened and apparantly they changed owners of the company and they're Aussies and they switched worldpay which offer laser to some other bill pay company...:(

CDworld.ie is ok but they rarely keep a good variety of stock on their site so if your looking for a particular cd that's not mainstream your out of luck, there really needs to be an Irish only online shop like play that take laser based in Ireland they'd make a fortune...

ah thats suxxs. I probably wont be buying an Ipod if laser aint accepted.

CDworld is ok but i have a major problem with them. Last year I bought a CD and PS2 game and im still waiting for shipment for the past 6 months. Keep sending an email to them but they always reply with the same crap.

hankeyj84 wrote: »
    ah thats suxxs. I probably wont be buying an Ipod if laser aint accepted.

CDworld is ok but i have a major problem with them. Last year I bought a CD and PS2 game and im still waiting for shipment for the past 6 months. Keep sending an email to them but they always reply with the same crap.

im trying CDworld to order music everything is fine but again on the payment section. I went for the first option Credit or debit card. Added all the info but wont accept, either try again, or use a different card. IJust wondering am I doing this right? or do I have to do soething else? Can anyone help? Thanks

You are signed in as:
    [email]<snip>[/email]
    Sign out
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Site-Seal-small.gif[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]04-10[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][URL="sslhttp://www.digicert.com/"]SSL[/URL] 04-10[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Select Payment
    Amount to be billed (EUR): €3.37

Please choose one of the following payment options:
    cardsv.gifCredit or debit card

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch and Solo. To pay by credit or debit card, please click Add Card below.
    Add Card >>

clickandbuy.gifClick&Buy

If you would like to configure your account to use Click&Buy Easy Collect to pay for this transaction, please click the Click&Buy logo.

[URL="javascript:__doPostBack('Button1','')"]Click&Buy[/URL]

paypal.gifPayPal

Please click the button to pay by Pay Pal
    [URL="javascript:__doPostBack('lnkPayPal','')"]PayPal[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

jackncoke wrote: »

Just on the cdwow.ie site a while ago! They are accepting Laser again using some scottish bank for the transactions. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

They do now since I recieved an email from my CDwow.ie this morning saying they now accept laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

CDWOW accept laser again!!!...They stopped for a few months while they updated their payment system..I emailed their customer services as soon as I noticed the option missing and they replied immediately saying that they would have it back up and running and true to their word..it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 The-Clean-Slate

Anyone know of any sites that sell vinyl and records that accept Laser? like Amazon or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 COMEDYCORPSE

tictac2580 wrote: »
    CDWOW accept laser again!!!...They stopped for a few months while they updated their payment system..I emailed their customer services as soon as I noticed the option missing and they replied immediately saying that they would have it back up and running and true to their word..it is!

Hahha i just only went onto it just a few mins ago and saw it, now I'm gona spend spend...spend.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ziggy32001

Guys what about any sites that sell music t-shirts???

• Advertisement
Advertisement