Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Thread

Options
  • 11-05-2006 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

This is for before and after. I can't wait so much! One question? They can't refuse people at the door, that would be a big pile of Bray.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

This is for before and after. I can't wait so much! One question? They can't refuse people at the door, that would be a big pile of Bray.

lol. big pile of bray.

brian relax breath, you'll be fine...

and just dont be arseholes when you're going in, and if you are do your very best impression of a sober but merry person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

So far, of the old people I've talked to, it's about 40% positive, counting "I think it was good - I've blacked it all out" in that pile and "Meh, it was alright, I guess" as negative, since that's basically "It was ****, but I don't want to burst your bubble yet". Which is actually a decent rate for apathetic student-y types, so I'm hopeful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

You can't throw 74 euro away to say it was "okay". Fake snow, fake reindeer, fake kids discos (they're a band how Bray is that?) and 7000 drunk people! WOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They were testing the strobe lights when I left college tonight. I love strobe lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I got lost and er...wandered into main stage for a glance - well impressive :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

You can't throw 74 euro away to say it was "okay". Fake snow, fake reindeer, fake kids discos (they're a band how Bray is that?) and 7000 drunk people! WOOO!

There's going to be fake snow? Cool.

But, reindeer aren't as cool as alpacas, but then again, i think that the loud music would scare them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

John2 wrote:
    They were testing the strobe lights when I left college tonight. I love strobe lights.
    Indeed. As well as screwing up your sense of time they also serve to reassure you that you don't have epilepsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Finally starting to look forward to it:D Although I do have my nephew's first communion tomorrow, which should be...interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

and 7000 drunk people! WOOO!

You say that now, I went last year, and will never again go. Unless you're the type that completely wasted off your skull, you'll notice allot of fights, and allot of very drunk people acting the prat, going into the middle of the dance floor, pushing people throwign stuff. Then again I'm not very comfortable around people that drunk and stupid.

Yeah, the best time I ever had at the Ball was when I got really drunk beforehand and everything seemed shiny and lovely. Last year I was v sober and found that I was actually bored at it.

A general rule for life kids is that if you need to be really drunk to enjoy something then it probably isn't that good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

thats been the general concensise of all my m8's, those of us utterly wasted quite enjoy a good ball..the others thought they were crap.
    So the moral of the story is if your not putting away a bottle or 2 of spirits before you go in you'll probally find it crap.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Anyone hear the thunder? Weather forecast isn't looking that good :(

Yeah I'm in the CSC office and the weather report for Front Square is currently *looks out window* overcast, looks like it might start drizzling

Although just cloudy would be good... keep the temperature up. It's raining here in Cabinteely (I don't want to stand in the rain as a Marshall for 9 hours...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

There seems to be an awful lot of people working on the Ball this year. I definitely didn't see as many people in lorries and fork-lifts, assembling stages, putting up fencing, etc. last year.

I heard that they have an extra 1000 people coming and a new stage area set up in Fellow's Square. Maybe that's the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Did anyone hear if it sold out or what the final tally of patrons is?

If last year is anything to go by, they hold off on paying the insurance untill the last minute, and then don't sell anymore tickets. Its why last year was a "sell out" despite selling a few hundred less tickets. It makes sense, as before they where paying insurance based on the number of tickets they had on offer, as opposed the the number sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

nice one, last minute going to the ball buzz, sount

You can usually find someoen at the last minute that doesn't want to go. And I'm not saying they did the same this year, just that thats what happened last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

thunder and lightening out my way, whats it like round town? has anyone ever been in the rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

thundering at the moment..ain't seen any lightning...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

its looks like its going to lash rain!:mad:

umbrellas at the ready!

No rain here (House 6).

Interestingly, college is now under non-resident lockdown.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

currently posting from college....

or am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bbrazil

The windows are rattling. It's kinda scary.

I must be the first Boardsie to rise from the aftermath of the Ball. I had a great time, anyway. The rain wasn't bad at all: it just added a sense of murkiness to the proceedings.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

was the music any good?
    any juicy shenanigan related gossip?

was the music any good?
    Well, I saw all or part of all the following's acts: The Blizzards, Humanzi, Ocean Colour Scene, The Futureheads, Director, Mundy, Delorentos, G 'n' R tribute band, Pinky's Acoustic Disco, and I passed through some of the dance stuff in the Atrium and the Buttery. I didn't go near Fellows' Square. All in all, I thought the line-up was pretty good and the music excellent. I didn't get to see evryone I thought I'd like to see, but I don't think anyone ever does. Personal favourites out of whom I saw included The Blizzards, Director (never heard them before, but Angry Banana brought me along, and I really enjoyed them), and Delorentos. It's a big question you ask, and I fear this is too small of an answer!
    any juicy shenanigan related gossip?
    Well, if you mean among our fellow posters, I met the following Boardsies during the day/night/morning: Angry Banana, b.ie curious, article6, ilovemybrick, agent smith, Awayindahils (I believe I may have a picture of her being very drunk [she told me not to mention it, but, alas, I just have]), Ronny Mitchell, Bogger... probably some more...

Angry Banana and b.ie curoius disappointed me greatly by going home early. They're such lightweights...

I got a taxi back to Halls with article6 and someone else.

I realise there was no gossip there whatsoever. I don't know what to say! I'll wait for others to tell us things, and, then, I'll comment on them.

• Advertisement

I saw Republic of Loose, Ocean Colour Scene & Felix da Housecat. Had a great time, and enjoyed being allowed up to the Senior Common Room (they have a latin inscription above the bath in the toilets!)

Who was throwing pigs at OCS? I've been accused of this several times now!

Advertisement