Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Dublin October 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Joining Fight Club doesn't guarantee either of those things.
    It's a lot easier than waiting for general release, I've never had a problem with fight club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Joining Fight Club doesn't guarantee either of those things.

True, but I've gotten tickets for last year's UFC Dublin, 189 and UFC Glasgow without breaking a sweat using fight club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I didn't say that Fight Club isn't the best way to get tickets.

Just that it isn't a guarantee as stated by the other poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I didn't say that Fight Club isn't the best way to get tickets.

Just that it isn't a guarantee as stated by the other poster.

This is true, there was an attendance of 9,500 for the last Dublin card, say 500 comps leaves 9,000 tickets, at 6 per membership that only takes 1,500 members buying their full allocation and it's gone

I'd say that they keep 1,000 for general sale, 500 for The Suns presale and another 500 for 3 presale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

scudzilla wrote: »
    This is true, there was an attendance of 9,500 for the last Dublin card, say 500 comps leaves 9,000 tickets, at 6 per membership that only takes 1,500 members buying their full allocation and it's gone

I'd say that they keep 1,000 for general sale, 500 for The Suns presale and another 500 for 3 presale

I don't think 3 have a presale, which sucks given I'm 3. They had BAMMA presale alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lost all confidence in this. Waiting 3 weeks for them to send the 3 Months Fightpass code which was part of the offer, got it yesterday - invalid code :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

maximoose wrote: »
    got it yesterday - invalid code :rolleyes:

Not just me then. I've been sent 3 non working codes. I'm almost certain they're inventing codes to email out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, my first thought was they were stringing people along until the 14 day cancellation period passed. Now I just think they're completely full of ****.

Think I'll be doing a chargeback after the presale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Plus newsletter presale.

And tbh, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the didn't keep a general sale allocation.

500 to gyms/fighters/comps
    500 to the Sun presale
    1000 Newsletter
    Leaves 7,500 for fight club.

Any spares go to general, but there's a PR spin to say they sold out in the presale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Lads I think you're all running away with yourselves thinking they put the full allocation of seats on Fight Club, there's no way they're not gonna keep the vast majority of tickets for the general sale. Have often seen people online saying that Fight Club doesnt guarantee tickets (which would mean the allocation has sold out) or that the seats they were offered weren't great.
    I would think of Fight Club the way O2 used to have presales when they owned the venue, there's maybe a couple thousand allocated to it at most dependant on the event & how hyped it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Mellor wrote: »
    Plus newsletter presale.

And tbh, I'd wouldn't be surprised if the didn't keep a general sale allocation.

500 to gyms/fighters/comps
    500 to the Sun presale
    1000 Newsletter
    Leaves 7,500 for fight club.

Any spares go to general, but there's a PR spin to say they sold out in the presale.

That's definitely won't be right.

A significant portion (probably the largest portion) will go to general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Lads I think you're all running away with yourselves thinking they put the full allocation of seats on Fight Club, there's no way they're not gonna keep the vast majority of tickets for the general sale. Have often seen people online saying that Fight Club doesnt guarantee tickets (which would mean the allocation has sold out) or that the seats they were offered weren't great.
    I would think of Fight Club the way O2 used to have presales when they owned the venue, there's maybe a couple thousand allocated to it at most dependant on the event & how hyped it is

Big difference between O2 presale and FC presale in fairness mate. Did O2 customers pay $75 or $150 a year in order to be included in presales? I dont think so as far as I can remember. Paying fight club members have a right to expect a decent majority of the tickets for an event to be made available for them.

And in fairness, the UFC dont really ever let the FC members down. FC presales rarely sell out. I would expect about 5000 to be set aside for FC presale and thats being very conservative. The numbers mentioned here already (ie 7500) would not surprise me one bit.

FC membership does not guarantee a ticket(s) yes, but it increases your chances a hundred fold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Has anyone with a Fight Club membership ever actually failed to get a ticket?

Paully D wrote: »
    Has anyone with a Fight Club membership ever actually failed to get a ticket?

I regisitered with fight club, about 6 weeks before sales began for UFC in dublin last year with the intent of buying tickets for it. Something came up in the end that forced me to pull out but I gave my code to a friend and he got 6 tickets no problem at all with only a few hours (I think) to go in the presale.

Wasn't Dublin last year, one of the few UFC presales that has sold out? If so they will definitely increase the allocation this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

My FC has got me UFC Boston and Glasgow tickets.

The Boston where 8 rows back and Glasgow front row. Not only did it get me tickets but it got me fantastic ones at that.

Be silly not to sign up to FC imo. $15 dollars each between 5 of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Fight club does not guarantee tickets but is as good as you will get.

They will also definitely hold some tickets back for general sale but that could be as little as 500. They can then say its the quickest sold out even of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is Conor right when he claims he has biggest gate in UFC history?

I thought GSP had bigger gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

dave1982 wrote: »
    Is Conor right when he claims he has biggest gate in UFC history?

I thought GSP had bigger gate

Nope 189 was the highest gate because of dynamic pricing on the returned tickets after aldo pulled out!

I thought it was just the biggest US gate.

Surely the 55k in Toronto had a bigger gate?

I thought it was just the biggest US gate.

Surely the 55k in Toronto had a bigger gate?

Yep im Pretty sure your right maybe when the gate was announced for 189 they meant highest Vegas gate my bad!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/626134340896980992

There's murmurings of Duffy v Poirer online.

On another note, Tim Means tweeted saying he wants to fight in Dublin and maybe Pendred would like to fight him, but Cathal responded that he was already matched up. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'd fear for Cathal if he fought Means, he wouldn't last 2 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

https://twitter.com/PaulDollery/status/626134340896980992

There's murmurings of Duffy v Poirer online.

On another note, Tim Means tweeted saying he wants to fight in Dublin and maybe Pendred would like to fight him, but Cathal responded that he was already matched up. Any ideas?

Does it really matter who he's facing, Whoever Cathal fights he beats.....on points......dodgy decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Duffy vs. Poirier is the headliner supposedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

ciano316 wrote: »
    Duffy vs. Poirier is the headliner supposedly

Id be happy with that

I'm happy with Poirier vs Duffy but I'm surprised the UFC have vaulted Duffy into a main event so quickly,if it turns out to be true. Really would have thought Gunni would have headlined.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm happy with Poirier vs Duffy but I'm surprised the UFC have vaulted Duffy into a main event so quickly,if it turns out to be true. Really would have thought Gunni would have headlined.

Same rise as Conor, they want another big star from Ireland. Duffy will maul DP. Would love to see him fight Magny after he beats Maia.

ASOT wrote: »
    Same rise as Conor, they want another big star from Ireland. Duffy will maul DP. Would love to see him fight Magny after he beats Maia.

McGregor had waaaay more of a promotional push behind him and fan base than Duffy, rightly or wrongly. In McGregors second fight he fought Holloway on one of the biggest cards of the year.

I really think Poirier is a big test for Duffy.

dulux99 wrote: »
    McGregor had waaaay more of a promotional push behind him and fan base than Duffy, rightly or wrongly. In McGregors second fight he fought Holloway on one of the biggest cards of the year.

I really think Poirier is a big test for Duffy.

I meant same rise as in two fights then a main event slot in his country, not on a promotional level! It's going to be a cracking fight but I think Duffy will have to much for him.

Rumours of Holohan v Smolka too. Paddy has been talking in interviews today as if the fight has been made really and with Pendred telling Means he has already been matched up it's likely that a number of fighters already know they're on the card.

Very interesting fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

Where are the Duffy/Poirier rumours from?

xtal191 wrote: »

Dont go ruining this for the rest of us by asking sensible questions!! Feck sake.

xtal191 wrote: »

I started it in the Duffy thread a week and a half ago. El Guapo disagreed with me and will immediately step down as mod if it's confirmed.

Not sure if the rumour is coming from anywhere except the internet. For what it's worth, Poirier has stopped campaigning to get on the Dallas card in the last few days. Find out soon enough anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Before the McGregor Mendes fight Poirer was being interviewed and he said he'd love to get on the Dublin card so he's interested anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

ASOT wrote: »

You want to see Duffy against Magny, who fights at WW?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rumours of Holohan v Smolka too. Paddy has been talking in interviews today as if the fight has been made really and with Pendred telling Means he has already been matched up it's likely that a number of fighters already know they're on the card.

Very interesting fight.

Paddy called him out in his post fight at 189.
    Both coming off wins on the same card, shallow division. It would be silly for them not to make that fight tbh. Decent step up for Paddy. Smolka is tough.

bur wrote: »
    You want to see Duffy against Magny, who fights at WW?

He said Magny after Maia, so I'm guessing he means Gunnar Nelson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Duffy will be on IrelandAM on TV3 in about 10 minutes to announce that he is headlining UFC Dublin against Dustin Poirier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Chase3 wrote: »
    Duffy will be on IrelandAM on TV3 in about 10 minutes to announce that he is headlining UFC Dublin against Dustin Poirier.

When going to break they said he was the only man to defeat McGregor

• Advertisement

When going to break they said he was the only man to defeat McGregor

Artemij Sitenkov won't be impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

First Conor was 'The Great White Hype' to Jose and now the tables have turned and Duffy is the 'Great White Hype' to Conor.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116448/

Jaysus show the fecking Triangle!!

Also, Ireland AM is one of the worst things I've ever seen, that whole Rugby chat looked like a D'Unbelievables sketch. "Oh you had such lovely hair, I had a bond with ya'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ah no the boxing v MMA nonsense!

Man this is painful, just announce the fecking fight!

Headlining against Dustin confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Announced, not bad.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Headlining against Dustin confirmed!

.... Now for tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Petermc83

should be a good fight.. agreed with previous comments, this is big backing from the UFC in Duffy in what will be just his 3rd fight since joining, he is already headlining! I have every confidence he can do the business.

Delighted this fight is happening. Having Duffy fight someone Conor's beaten is genius in terms of marketing later (should Joe win).

Also I like Poirier, but I fear he might get PTSD dealing with the Irish fans again.

Delighted this fight is happening. Having Duffy fight someone Conor's beaten is genius in terms of marketing later (should Joe win).

Also I like Poirier, but I fear he might get PTSD dealing with the Irish fans again.

I really dont think he will be able to deal with irish fans on home soil considering how much he struggled with it in america especially at the weigh ins, i like him so hopefully he doesnt get it to raw.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement