Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

In mass yesterday with my 2 and they were passing around the basket. Gave my 2 kids 2 euro each to put in, my 5 year old son puts it in and I turn to my 3 year old daughter. She says at the top of her voice "Jesus has enough money, look at that big bag" and puts the 2 euro in her pocket. Whole back of the church in hysterics except some grumpy old woman who couldn't believe I let her keep it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My 2 year old is in her play room explainnig to her 4 month old sister all about lego and giving her step by step instructions on how to build things:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Two year old to her older brother who's been whinging:

"cwose yuh maowth an' go do bed, yuh big baaaayby"

That's my girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Drew a euphamistic picture of his mother giving me big boobs and long legs.

Also taught me to sing ring around the rosy in a foreign language.

cranks wrote: »
    Question from 3 year old daughter: 'Daddy, what are chins for?'

Damned if I know!

Many years ago, my three-year-old (he's 14 now) bounded into our bedroom, stuck his face right in front of mine (me being on the side of the bed near the door), and sez:

"Dad, what's life?"

My wife pulled the duvet over her head and said "Good luck, you're on your own with that one, mister." :eek:

More recently (two nights ago to be precise), he called me into his room and said "Giz a hug." So I walked over to oblige, and as I put my arms around him he let go with the most incredibly noisy fart, and then went into a fit of the giggles.

I almost collapsed from laughing. It certainly wasn't out of the book of cute and endearing, but in its own way it was quite a gift from a teenage boy to his oul' man. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

my daughter is 3 and she gave me a big hug and said she liked me and then i got a kiss.

cant beat getting a cuddle from your child.:D

also there is a car with a loud exhuast in our estate and she calls them dopes when she hears a car like but she turned around last week and said i want to be a dope with a pink car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

2yr old announced this morning 'daddy i fixed you poo-tee-er' (computer) :eek:
    so this evening the 'poo-tee-er' was not working, 'what happened?' 4yr old 'my little sister put some apple into it' :eek:
    Cue one unhappy daddy and a smile from me saying 'she put some apple in your pc' hehe. he is not impressed.
    Not so funny that my tea tasted of coconut this evening - very puzzling as there is no coconut in the house. Lump of playdough in the bottom of my teapot - yuck, will be checking in furture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

The 21-month old, who's been a "challenge" from Day 1 walked around the room today & gave Nanna, Granda & the Uncles a big hug & kiss. I never thought I'd see the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Was going to post a similar thread, and found this one when I went looking to see if there already was one.

So just bumping it up the list again. :)

I'm sure there were a bunch from today, nothing coming to mind though.

But last night-

My son acts as though he hates his little sister most of the time.
    Never stops giving out to her and about her, and complaining about how annoying she is.

Last night when I was going to bed, I peeped into their rooms as I do every night.

My son wasn't in his room.
    I was fully sure I was going to find him at the telly or xbox, so I was a bit annoyed.

Looked everywhere, and finally found him asleep in my daughters bed holding her hand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Little girl is 14 months, and yesterday we popped next door for tea with my neighbour and her little baby who is around 9 months. I never even said the little girls name, but when my little one turned around and saw her she grinned and let out a big "Hi Taty!!"

Shes never done that before, it was so cute! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

This morning, my 20 month old son picked up a copy of our Pirates Of The Carribean DVD, held it up to me and said "Aaaar!" in a little pirate type voice.

So funny! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

This morning my husband let go of some gas & our 21-month old looked at him crossly & said "da-ddy!" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I said to my 3 year old daughter "we need to get daddy a present because tomorrow is father's day".

A while later she comes downstairs with a bag of toys from her room saying "ho, ho, ho, I am christmas man. I have presents for daddy"

Took me a minute to realise she meant Santa! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

My 14 month old is too young to tell me she loves me, but she's learning to show it! She kept following me arond allday, crawling up to me, looking me in the eye, then resting her head on my chest or my knee for a few seconds, then looking up at me again and repeat. It was so sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

OH good god if this thread doesn't make you broody nothing will :eek::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Many years ago, my three-year-old (he's 14 now) bounded into our bedroom, stuck his face right in front of mine (me being on the side of the bed near the door), and sez:

"Dad, what's life?"

My wife pulled the duvet over her head and said "Good luck, you're on your own with that one, mister." :eek:

More recently (two nights ago to be precise), he called me into his room and said "Giz a hug." So I walked over to oblige, and as I put my arms around him he let go with the most incredibly noisy fart, and then went into a fit of the giggles.

I almost collapsed from laughing. It certainly wasn't out of the book of cute and endearing, but in its own way it was quite a gift from a teenage boy to his oul' man. biggrin.gif

I'm sorry now. There are lots and lots of lovely stories in here that makes you break out in an ear-splitting grin but I actually nearly wet myself reading that one. Seriously, tears of laughter. Please tell your son he's a legend!

Lovely thread by the way. Just an idea but for some of you who regularly contribute to the thread, wouldn't it be lovely to get all your posts from here, print them off and show them to your kids sometime in the future?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My monkey has put her socks on me and is attempting the shoes:)
    She is delighted with her self:)

We were at a fun day today in a local school and she was wiggling her bum to the music,I couldn't stop laughing at her,it was so funny.

I know most of these post are about younger kids...

But my teenage son today said " your deadly mum"

Thats alot from a walking hormone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

nkay1985 wrote: »

Lovely thread by the way. Just an idea but for some of you who regularly contribute to the thread, wouldn't it be lovely to get all your posts from here, print them off and show them to your kids sometime in the future?

I keep a simple list in an MS Word document of all the funny thinks she says, like when she told me last week of her friend in school who couldn't eat bread or sandwiches and her Dad has to buy her wraps every day 'cos she's a catholic. I look forward to handing over the MS Word document in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We were at a fun day today in a local school and she was wiggling her bum to the music,I couldn't stop laughing at her,it was so funny.

I witnessed that - it was priceless :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

A work colleague of my husbands called to our house last Thursday evening and our five year old asked him who he was etc. He replied, My name is X and I'm a friend of your dads, we work together.

The following morning she is at pre-school and it is her turn to give her news to the rest of the class and she says "My daddy has a boyfriend, his name is X and he called to our house last night".

As luck would have it my husband was doing the school pickup that day and the ladies running the pre-school gave him one hell of a slagging!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

So yesterday we had to convert the toddlers cot into a cot bed, complete with Peppa pig duvet set. And she loved it, went to sleep in it ok last night and slept till the morning. That made me smile allright !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My two year old asked for some juice just before bed last night, I told her that she had to fetch me her juice cup...

"No, you get it" she replied
    "I'm not your skivvy missy" says I.
    "No, is, you is my skivvy!" says she!!!

:eek:

January wrote: »
    My two year old asked for some juice just before bed last night, I told her that she had to fetch me her juice cup...

"No, you get it" she replied
    "I'm not your skivvy missy" says I.
    "No, is, you is my skivvy!" says she!!!

:eek:

She's right though ;)

Justask wrote: »
    She's right though ;)

I know :o :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

4yr old: Nana are you going to leave soon?
    Nana: Yes, after my tea,
    4yr old: No I mean die because you're really old.

BostonB wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

Classic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

BostonB wrote: »

They really speak their mind don't they!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my 4.5 yr old has started his santa list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Cottontail

I have an almost 18 month old son and i'm pregnant with no 2. So last night, he was sitting in his booster seat at the table after having supper. I was standing beside his chair. I was feeling a bit indigested so was rubbing my stomach. Himself reaches over, rubs my stomach and then leans over and gives it a big kiss... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Well.... I was just reading in the weather forum about some magnetic fields happenning yesterday and that some auroras should be around tomorrow, and I said aloud to myself ...'oh wow...some auroras will be around tomorrow ' and my four year old say.."you mean the aurora borealis".

Smart cookie you got there Metro :D

My partners daughter (12) was saying how nice her dads homemade soup is. She then proceeded to say that her mam tried to make the same one when she found out the kids liked it "...but hers was mank dad.." :p:D

Nearly wet myself laughing

WARNING .....GRINNING PROUD MUM ALERT :D:D

Recieved my sons school report!!

1st year in secondary

4 A's
    5 B's
    2 C's

"is a asset to our school and a pleasure to teach"

Now he's milking it though lol looking to see what he can get outta me!:rolleyes:

Im dead chuffed :D

Ok i'll ssssh now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Not my child, but a friends 8 year old son (Josh)...

We were in the Leprachaun Museum, and the Seanchaí was telling us about the 'Rainbow room' which simulates the end of the rainbow. He mentioned how some children from some eastern European countries were terrified of this room and asked if we knew why.

Josh piped up and said "Because they believe that boys get turned into girls and girls into boys when they reach the end of the rainbow". The Seanchaí confirmed that this was actually correct, much to everyone's amazement.

We've no idea how he learned such an obscure piece of cultural information.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I dont have a baby but my friend came over today with her beaut and now I smell like baby. She's only a month old but my ovaries skipped a beat. Several. I <3 this thread so I thought I'd share with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I dont have kids yet but my wife's niece (three and a half) came out with this cracker.

At Easter we didn't want to be giving her and her brother chocolate. As she's mad about painting etc, my wife got her a piggy bank that you decorate with paints and stickers. She gave it to her and her eyes lit up as she knew it was a piggy bank. Thought it was great. Then, when Grá explained that you decorate it yourself, her eyes went even wider and she said, "Wow, that's a really great idea Daw-nyah". I swear I nearly wet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Don't have kids myself, but my cousin's little one, E. is such a rascal.
    E. turned 3 a few weeks ago and got a bike for her birthday. At her party, one of her little friends was on her bike and E. started to make a fuss.
    My aunt came over to her and said 'it's nice to share your things, let X have a go on your bike"
    Little miss turns around and says in a posh accent (dunno where she got it from!) "but I don't like shaaaaaaring!" :pac:

Another time, she asked me to go outside with her and I said I would. She then proceeded to tell me "dont walk in the grass 'cause you'll get your shoes dirty". Then, when I happened to stray onto the grass she gave out to me!

I love little kids :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Yesterday evening on the drive home Cillian (5) said 'Mammy you're a cave man'
    When I asked why I was told because I looked like one :eek:
    I pretended to be hurt and gave an impromptu lecture on name-calling to which he replied with superb aplomb;
    'Mammy I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the Mammy in my head!
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,497 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Maybe not 100% relevant to this thread, but.. got a Sesame Street Old School DVD from the website that sounds like a large river. 3yo LOVES it. and Mammy and Daddy like it too :) a lot better than the kids stuff on TV these days in our humble opinion! Spent a good portion of the last two days either singing "C is for Cookie" or hearing it on the voice in my head :pac:

Best thing about 1970s Sesame Street is no Elmo :pac:

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,497 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

and now I smell like baby.

That sounds like a good thing until you get one of your own :pac: they don't smell so sweet with a full nappy! (not to mention the puking, weeing and worse on parent or whoever else is in range. All 3 at once if they can manage it...)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

We were in the supermarket and my daughter (8) said "Mom, would you like for me to hook you up?". I asked what she meant and (as I feared) she meant she wanted to get me a date. Imagine if I let my 8 year old go around the shop canvassing men for me. Morto!!

Later we were in the chemist and she walked over to the durex "love boxes" and began pointing out which ones she thought were prettiest.

If you don't know what they are... search%3Fq%3Ddurex%2Blove%2Bbox%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DiYS%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1120%26bih%3D666%26tbm%3Disch%26prmd%3Divns&itbs=1

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

The latest fad is my daughter insistently and repeatedly saying ' I want to see the pooh' when we're chaning her dirty nappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

My friend brought her 3 year old daughter over today and herself and my 20 month old son were playing happily...until my son accidently knocked her over:eek: :eek:Que screaming and crying. My little man looked shocked for a minute then walked over and gave her a big hug and put his little hand up to her eyes as if he was trying to wipe her tears away! So cute:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Every morning Caoimhes comes downstairs and makes her way to the front door. There is a big spider there every single morning waiting for her, she gets down on her belly and starts talking to him, gives him a big "Good morning Spider", i take her away for breakfast, she says "Bye Spider" and everytime, without fail after she says that, he/she runs off into the hole in the corner of the wall.

My 2.5 year old isn't a great sleeper and I have really created a rod for my own back by just taking her into the bed with me when she wakes up in the night, so last night she woke as usual and she came into the bed with me...

I said to her "Can I cuddle you?"
    "No Mammy, you can't"
    "Can I hold your hand?"
    "No Mammy, can't"
    "Ok, can I rub your face then?"
    "Yes Mammy course you can!" and she took my hand and put it up to her face and closed her eyes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My 17 month old boy "singing" along to Randy Newman's Short People with me and wagging his finger at me on the "Don't want no Short People..." bit.

I'm not *that* short really!

I gave him the tickling of a lifetime over the cheek of it. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

After an absoutely dreadful day in work I come home and have dinner and put kids to bed at 8. Three hours later and my daughter is still screaming her head off, kicking the doors, throwing stuff about and demanding to be cuddled to sleep. She eventually gets her way and drops off, only to wake up again at 3 and 5. Then at 7 she appears in with a bottle of milk and asks for breakfast with a huge smile and an expression that says "Well, I don't kow about you but I just had a great night's sleep."

• Administrators Posts: 14,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I'm currently toilet training my youngest. While out in the car today...

Him: Mammy, am I wearing a nappy?
    Me: No.. do you need to do a wee?
    Him: (very non chalantly!) No.. I did a poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ash23 wrote: »
    We were in the supermarket and my daughter (8) said "Mom, would you like for me to hook you up?". I asked what she meant and (as I feared) she meant she wanted to get me a date. Imagine if I let my 8 year old go around the shop canvassing men for me. Morto!!

I swear my 15 month old daughter does that for me, everytime we go supermarket i put her in trolley and i'll be standing in aisle and if she even see a man she'll shout Heya then give them big smile and wave, if they pretend they don't hear her she'll do it louder. Its so funny as even the shy or grumpiest men aren't able to resist smiling and waving at her. She's going to be handful in her teens

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I swear my 15 month old daughter does that for me, everytime we go supermarket i put her in trolley and i'll be standing in aisle and if she even see a man she'll shout Heya then give them big smile and wave, if they pretend they don't hear her she'll do it louder. Its so funny as even the shy or grumpiest men aren't able to resist smiling and waving at her. She's going to be handful in her teens

That is so cute bulmersgal :D You'd better keep an eye on her going after the fellas already :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement