Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda corruption alive and well

Options
  • 20-01-2015 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

I feel sorry for this poor guy joe Doocey - Corrupt Gardaí Destroyed My Life: http://youtu.be/5GJdxegjtM8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

He was arrested again last week because of that video.

Those Gardai are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

Gatling wrote: »
    Yawn
    You might want to watch it first

Yawn

Yawn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it's a bit long, could you give us a synopsis?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Thought the thread was gonna be about your one that cut a load of cocaine with her Garda badge at a party!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/mhauqlgbcwkf/rss2/

Yawn

Another day another toe rag .

what's next water meter protesters ohhhh wait

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Oh if it says it in that rag it's definitely true

Has to be on fb to be believed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Its the way of life here. We have a knack for tolerating corruption unfortunately. I look around me and people do nothing but b**ch and moan about it. I think I will enter politics myself one day because if you cant beat em you may as well join them!

Hitchens wrote: »

A garda detective with a vendetta causes 15 years of harassment with over ten cases of trumped up charges

• Registered Users Posts: 23,674 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I feel sorry for this poor guy joe Doocey - Corrupt Gardaí Destroyed My Life: http://youtu.be/5GJdxegjtM8

It's half an hour long! I'm not watching some "Integrity Ireland" nonsense about Garda corruption, just give me the main points of whatever the hell it is he's on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,475 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Does he present any actual evidence of this corruption in the video or is it just a long rant?

A garda detective with a vendetta causes 15 years of harassment with over ten cases of trumped up charges

Ahh right, there's the summary. Now where's the proof?

Something more substantial than a youtube video I presume?

It's half an hour long! I'm not watching some "Integrity Ireland" nonsense about Garda corruption, just give me the main points of whatever the hell it is he's on about.

I have no affiliation but if you have a spare ten minutes just watch the start, you'll be compelled to watch the rest

I have no affiliation but if you have a spare ten minutes just watch the start, you'll be compelled to watch the rest

Hitchens wrote: »

• Advertisement

You clearly don't know me very well :o

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Joe Doocey, Knocksbarret, Ballina, Co Mayo, had applied via judicial review for an order quashing a January 2003 Circuit Court decision convicting him of criminal damage and 13 postal and telecommunications offences. He got a suspended three-month prison term and a fine of ?500.

He's a convicted criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

How's yer custard?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

criminal gets arrested , complains about people who arrested him

story of the week ,

lot of people out here should have their internet privileges revoked for stupidity

unfortunately these days every one has an axe and some where to grind it.

if he stopped harassing the ex might be the gardai would lose interest in him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

A c'mon wlfb,that article is a bare-bones factual Court Report of proceedings,it's hardly Denis O'Brien standing on a chair and ranting about this poor lad.

Maybe contacting Ms Devany might shed a little more light on the lead up to our man's problems ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I liked how he finished with a song

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

What's with you repeating all your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,475 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The note underneath the video is hilarious:

"Less than 72 hours after posting this video, Joe reported that "up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear" stormed his house while Joe and his family were still in bed. No warrant was shown. Joe was handcuffed. His wife and elderly father were directed to co-operate - "or else!" All Joe's computers, phones, files and documents were seized - as well as those of his family. Joe was taken to the barracks and charged with obstructing a search warrant - despite no warrant having ever been shown - and no personal 'obstruction' on the part of Joe or his family having taken place!"

Up to 20 Gardai and a number of detectives in riot gear stormed his house without a warrant? As if. He sounds like a Walter Mitty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

You're repeating yourself,just sayin.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement