Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread MOD WARNING POST #2944

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

The case against him was not proven. Medical evidence showed that Paddy McBrearty was bitten. The only issue was who bit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The case against him was not proven. Medical evidence showed that Paddy McBrearty was bitten. The only issue was who bit him.

Medical evidence from who? Were you in Donegal on the day? Have you seen it? Did you draw your own conclusions after you saw it? Are you a trained medical professional who is qualified to judge on these matters? I am not, so I am not going around and making definitive statements on the matter.

The Dublin team doctor said he was shown photos of what the Donegal camp claimed to be a bite. The Dublin team doctor said he saw pictures of a "laceration" or a "cut" (they are his own words) and did not agree that the markings were consistent with a bite.

Obviously, I am a Dub, so it's not hard to figure out who I choose to believe. But unless you are part of the GAA committee that reviewed the cases put forth by both camps, or you or part of the Donegal or Dublin county boards that had access to all the claims made by the other side, I don't think you should be making matter of fact statements about the "evidence" that either side did or did not have. Because at the end of the day, you know sweet FA about what happened on the day, just like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Plenty people know what happened on the day, in fact I would think most people know quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

keane2097 wrote: »
    Plenty people know what happened on the day, in fact I would think most people know quite well.

What can be proven though? I was up there in Ballybofey and it's nowhere near as clear cut as you're suggesting it was. Not like in the middle of the park somebody decided to chow down.

What can be proven though? I was up there in Ballybofey and it's nowhere near as clear cut as you're suggesting it was. Not like in the middle of the park somebody decided to chow down.

Nothing will ever be proven now in terms of "court of law" style proof, that's not to say it isn't well known in GAA circles what happened both with regard to the incident itself and why McBrearty didn't show up to give evidence.

I suspect I could bite ProudDub myself with a blue jersey on and he'd deny it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Hi , anyone get the email today regarding the Bring A Friend option for the Season Ticket , can't log into the site using the link within the email , anyone else having this issue ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Nothing will ever be proven now in terms of "court of law" style proof, that's not to say it isn't well known in GAA circles what happened both with regard to the incident itself and why McBrearty didn't show up to give evidence.
    Do you think the reason why McBrearty didnt turn up was because:
    A) he would get a big suspension himself if the full story was released
    B) some other reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Medical evidence from who? Were you in Donegal on the day? Have you seen it? Did you draw your own conclusions after you saw it? Are you a trained medical professional who is qualified to judge on these matters? I am not, so I am not going around and making definitive statements on the matter.

The Dublin team doctor said he was shown photos of what the Donegal camp claimed to be a bite. The Dublin team doctor said he saw pictures of a "laceration" or a "cut" (they are his own words) and did not agree that the markings were consistent with a bite.

Obviously, I am a Dub, so it's not hard to figure out who I choose to believe. But unless you are part of the GAA committee that reviewed the cases put forth by both camps, or you or part of the Donegal or Dublin county boards that had access to all the claims made by the other side, I don't think you should be making matter of fact statements about the "evidence" that either side did or did not have. Because at the end of the day, you know sweet FA about what happened on the day, just like the rest of us.
    The word of the doctor in Letterkenny General Hospital who treated Paddy McBrearty for a bite and gave him a tetanus injection is good enough for me. But you carry on ranting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The word of the doctor in Letterkenny General Hospital who treated Paddy McBrearty for a bite and gave him a tetanus injection is good enough for me. But you carry on ranting.

"The word of a doctor".
    That's brilliant, I didnt realise we had the word of a doctor to go on. Can you provide a link to that statement please? What was the doctor's name?

This will be able to establish whether the doctor said it was conclusively a bite that broke the skin and a tetanus was necessary. Or whether because the player was wearing a gumshield and McBrearty a jersey that it was inconclusive. And it was in fact a Donegal coach (who by the way after McBrearty refused to go to the hospital initially, forced him to attend) that insisted it was a bite and thus the doctor administered the tetanus for precautionery reasons.

Or maybe you don't actually have the word of a doctor. And it is a case of "somebody said that somebody said" or other such third/fourth/fifth hand info.

So Not Guilty, Case Closed is the only fact that stands up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Printed my tickets and see that the Walsh Cup is on beforehand.

What entertainment to get Dublin v Kilkenny and Dublin v Kerry in the one night for €10.

Amazing value.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Printed my tickets and see that the Walsh Cup is on beforehand.

What entertainment to get Dublin v Kilkenny and Dublin v Kerry in the one night for €10.

Amazing value.

Yep, they moved it to avoid clashing with the rugby. A great night is on the cards for Dublin GAA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Well, until 9 o'clock anyway, after the Kingdom get a little revenge for the Semi Finals :P

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Well, until 9 o'clock anyway, after the Kingdom get a little revenge for the Semi Finals :P

That's the spirit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Lads out of the loop working away. What times are throw in for on Sat night?

ArielAtom wrote: »
    Lads out of the loop working away. What times are throw in for on Sat night?

5pm for the Walsh Cup against Kilkenny

7pm for the league opener against Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Dublinfan

And possibly beyond March too. Alan Brogan was on the mend only a few weeks ago and yet him and Bernard are namedropped in TheScore.ie's article as having similar pelvic/groin injuries. Come on Alan, give us one more year!

And possibly beyond March too. Alan Brogan was on the mend only a few weeks ago and yet him and Bernard are namedropped in TheScore.ie's article as having similar pelvic/groin injuries. Come on Alan, give us one more year!

I think They Might Save Alan till March too, Will Be interesting to see the team Especially the Half and Full Forwards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I could see Kerry doing a job on us at the weekend, might be a bit like that Dublin Donegal league game last year I'd say there will more than usual in it for a league game.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I could see Kerry doing a job on us at the weekend, might be a bit like that Dublin Donegal league game last year I'd say there will more than usual in it for a league game.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I must say I'm not incredibly hopeful about a win right now, seems like a largely untested Dublin side will be put out on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dublin are 4/9 favs.
    Kerry 9/4

Thats seems way off to me lads. Kerry def the value here.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Lads, am struggling to find where i can get these tickets? Are they 10Euro for all? Or is that just kids?

I'm not sure about that, how strong a Kerry team are people expecting? There's no Ó Sé, no Gooch, no Darran or Declan Sullivan, no Donaghy etc.

The Dublin early league team utterly destroyed the Kerry early league team last year, has that much changed? Bad signs for Dublin's hopes at retaining Sam Maguire if it has.

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Lads, am struggling to find where i can get these tickets? Are they 10Euro for all? Or is that just kids?

There is a 4-game ticket for €40 for Adults and €10 for Juveniles. It's available over on http://gaa.tickets.ie. They are stand tickets only, and you must retain your ticket for all four matches.

There are individual match tickets available before game-day from the Dorset Street Ticket Office and on http://gaa.tickets.ie - these are €10 for adults for all games, no matter what location. Juvenile €5 tickets are available for all games but once again these are for the stand only so no Hill 16 juvenile tickets.

The prices on the day from the ticket vans are €15 for adult and I think €10 for juveniles.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

There is a 4-game ticket for €40 for Adults and €10 for Juveniles. It's available over on http://gaa.tickets.ie. They are stand tickets only, and you must retain your ticket for all four matches.

There are individual match tickets available before game-day from the Dorset Street Ticket Office and on http://gaa.tickets.ie - these are €10 for adults for all games, no matter what location. Juvenile €5 tickets are available for all games but once again these are for the stand only so no Hill 16 juvenile tickets.

The prices on the day from the ticket vans are €15 for adult and I think €10 for juveniles.

Excellent - Thank you.

I'm not sure about that, how strong a Kerry team are people expecting? There's no Ó Sé, no Gooch, no Darran or Declan Sullivan, no Donaghy etc.

The Dublin early league team utterly destroyed the Kerry early league team last year, has that much changed? Bad signs for Dublin's hopes at retaining Sam Maguire if it has.

ye last year when we played kerry in the league we had Andrews Brogan Flynn Connely

Most of half and full forwards arnt available for Saturday bar Mannion and Kilkenny

Dennis Bastick Just Confirmed as out with a shoulder Injury

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭harpsman

I wouldnt bother wastin your time. If people dont have the decency to admit Kevin O Brein bit McBrearty leave them to it-id say its more their problem than yours

• Advertisement

harpsman wrote: »
    I wouldnt bother wastin your time. If people dont have the decency to admit Kevin O Brein bit McBrearty leave them to it-id say its more their problem than yours

There are many of us who don't run in these circles and don't "know" what happened, so we rely on other sources like the discipline process and judgements. It's nobody's "problem" so what are you stirring for? What are you wasting time for? Jesus, why am I wasting my time on this...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement